Alec Baldwin killed crew member Halyna Hutchins on set of Rust

What magical and legal power do you have that makes everywhere in the country except a movie set follow gun safety regulations? The question is stupid to you because Alec is (D)ifferent from the rest of the country ... he is the only one that has no responsibility to practice firearms safety.
The same way you can tailgate, speed, and not use your blinker in a nascar race. , I’ve explained this simple thing to you. Several times.

If you’re already purposefully pointing guns and pulling triggers on a closed set, you want the professional licensed armorer doing the final adding of the rounds and inspection. You don’t want coked up Jack Black messing with the ammo. Taking it out. Inspecting. Reseating into mags.

You can’t be this dumb.

Here’s a question since you’re asking questions… if a gun was going to be pointed at you and the trigger pulled on a movie set… who do you want to be the final person to have inspected and seated the rounds and magazine…
A. The professionally licensed armorer.
B. Jack Black?

God, you’re dumb.

Last edited:
The same way you can tailgate, speed, and not use your blinker in a nascar race. , I’ve explained this simple thing to you. Several times.

If you’re already purposefully pointing guns and pulling triggers on a closed set, you want the professional licensed armorer doing the final adding of the rounds and inspection. You don’t want coked up Jack Black messing with the ammo. Taking it out. Inspecting. Reseating into mags.

You can’t be this dumb.
So being on coke alleviates all of Jack's responsibility too? Since you want to stay on the stupid NASCAR analogy, how many NASCAR races do you believe happen on the Interstate System or private property. Now show me the law or case law where either cocaine and ignorance are a valid defense in accidental shootings, or a state exempts actors from liability for gun accidents. I await a link.

DERP ... NASCAR races in Daytona International Speedway without following the laws for driving on public roads so a coked up Baldwin is not responsible for aiming a gun at a person and pulling the trigger causing death ... he is (D)ifferent.

So being on coke alleviates all of Jack's responsibility too? Since you want to stay on the stupid NASCAR analogy, how many NASCAR races do you believe happen on the Interstate System or private property. Now show me the law or case law where either cocaine and ignorance are a valid defense in accidental shootings, or a state exempts actors from liability for gun accidents. I await a link.
It doesn’t. Is that what you’re taking from this? Jesus, you’re dumber than I thought.

On set. Everyone gets in place. The Armorer when seeing that everything is ready and clear, places the inspected rounds into the firearm and hands it to the actor directly before shooting.
The actor does not take the mag out, take the rounds out, inspect them, reseat the ammo, and reseat the mag.

Because it’s a special circumstance where you are already breaking the two major rules of gun safety, you have the licensed pro armorer do the inspection, not the actor.

You’re all wet. You can’t argue. You can’t follow arguments. And you’re wrong on the facts.

On set. Everyone gets in place. The Armorer when seeing that everything is ready and clear, places the inspected rounds into the firearm and hands it to the actor directly before shooting.
The actor does not take the mag out, take the rounds out, inspect them, reseat the ammo, and reseat the mag.
Right. In that case, the actor is not taking the word of the armorer, he/she has first hand verification because he saw the process. He/she verified it themselves. The actor knows and can identify any mistakes the armorer made. Did Alec do that in this case? No, he took a gun that he had no firsthand knowledge if it was empty and aimed at the lady, pulled the trigger and killed her. Without any responsibility for his actions according to you. I will bet you a dollar he is convicted. Him, the armorer, and the person that handed Baldwin the weapon are negligent and it caused death. All three should be charged.

Right. In that case, the actor is not taking the word of the armorer, he/she has first hand verification because he saw the process. He/she verified it themselves. The actor knows and can identify any mistakes the armorer made. Did Alec do that in this case? No, he took a gun that he had no firsthand knowledge if it was empty and aimed at the lady, pulled the trigger and killed her. Without any responsibility for his actions according to you. I will bet you a dollar he is convicted. Him, the armorer, and the person that handed Baldwin the weapon are negligent and it caused death. All three should be charged.
“Known anti-gun Zealot, substance abuser, and belligerent Alec Baldwin supervises and verifies profession, licensed armorers work.”
Got it.

“Known anti-gun Zealot, substance abuser, and belligerent Alec Baldwin supervises and verifies profession, licensed armorers work.”
Got it.
People who operate firearms for a living are exempt from basic responsibilities of gun safety, especially the part where you treat every firearm as fully loaded until you verify it is not and never aim at someone and pull the trigger, even with an unloaded gun.

People who operate firearms for a living are exempt from basic responsibilities of gun safety, especially the part where you treat every firearm as fully loaded until you verify it is not and never aim at someone and pull the trigger, even with an unloaded gun.
Like nascar drivers that triple the speed limit and follow at inches.

Edit::
Wait wait wait. You’re now saying they shouldn’t point guns at each other and pull triggers? You’re going there? Because you’ve watched and enjoyed and patronized hundreds of movies where that happens.
Are you really trying to change your argument to that?

Like nascar drivers that triple the speed limit and follow at inches.
Show me any law that forbids it. I can show you one for negligent discharge of a firearm, manslaughter and a whole host of others.
Edit::
Wait wait wait. You’re now saying they shouldn’t point guns at each other and pull triggers? You’re going there? Because you’ve watched and enjoyed and patronized hundreds of movies where that happens.
Are you really trying to change your argument to that?
Actually, I have never been a movie or TV buff. Not counting Midnight Madness showing of Rocky Horror, I have watched well less than a dozen movies in the theater. The last time I watched any prime time tv was with 2 1/2 men with Charlie Sheen.

You saying we should be pointing guns at others and pulling the trigger? My argument is that Baldwin, along with others, were negligent and it resulted in a death. I challenge you to show just one case decided in court that says anyone handling a firearm is not responsible for its safe operation. Just one, genius. Waiting on a link, still.

Show me any law that forbids it. I can show you one for negligent discharge of a firearm, manslaughter and a whole host of others.

Actually, I have never been a movie or TV buff. Not counting Midnight Madness showing of Rocky Horror, I have watched well less than a dozen movies in the theater. The last time I watched any prime time tv was with 2 1/2 men with Charlie Sheen.

You saying we should be pointing guns at others and pulling the trigger? My argument is that Baldwin, along with others, were negligent and it resulted in a death. I challenge you to show just one case decided in court that says anyone handling a firearm is not responsible for its safe operation. Just one, genius. Waiting on a link, still.
I’m saying it happens in hundreds of movies you personally have enjoyed.but I repeat the exact words I said to you from the beginning.

Oh and you’re right, you’re right. The actor who killed Brandon lee was sent to jail on manslaughter charges because he didn’t make sure the wadding was secured in the round or whatever. Oh wait. He didn’t go to jail.

Dunce

I’m saying it happens in hundreds of movies you personally have enjoyed.but I repeat the exact words I said to you from the beginning.
And there are different safety protocols including Kevlar shields and suits used for that occasion. As far as NASCAR goes, since you want to go with that ... A driver is pitting, and rolling down pit road when the crew chief tells the driver you are out of gas. The driver pops the tranny into a higher gear, dumps the clutch and floorboards the accelerator. This causes a spin and he runs over and kills a pit crew member. Well the driver was told the car was out of fuel and therefore it should have been safe to do ... is he or the crew chief responsible for the death?

The industry pros have consistently said that the buck stops with the Armorer.

Time for an on-set rule change.

The industry pros have consistently said that the buck stops with the Armorer.

Time for an on-set rule change.

Something I find interesting is that people are saying he should have checked that the gun wasn't loaded, but it was supposed to be loaded with blanks, which look identical from the back. Even if he pulled out the rounds to be sure, does anyone think Alec Baldwin knows what a live round looks like compared to a blank?

I doubt it.

100% on the armorer, in my opinion.

Something I find interesting is that people are saying he should have checked that the gun wasn't loaded, but it was supposed to be loaded with blanks, which look identical from the back. Even if he pulled out the rounds to be sure, does anyone think Alec Baldwin knows what a live round looks like compared to a blank?

I doubt it.

Who brought live rounds to the set anyway?

I doubt it.

well yes the Armorer is guilty.
I always said. Alec Baldwin the actor shouldnt be in any trouble for what happened. However. Alec Baldwin the Producer should burden some of the blame, by making cuts from the people that were experienced, & got someone less experienced that would cut corners & do more or less what the producer wanted for less money. That decision directly caused a death. What his punishment should be. I dont know, but he in my mind is guilty of negligence.

well yes the Armorer is guilty.
I always said. Alec Baldwin the actor shouldnt be in any trouble for what happened. However. Alec Baldwin the Producer should burden some of the blame, by making cuts from the people that were experienced, & got someone less experienced that would cut corners & do more or less what the producer wanted for less money. That decision directly caused a death. What his punishment should be. I dont know, but he in my mind is guilty of negligence.

Interesting. But would the producer still be guilty of negligence if he paid his armorer double the going rate?

In the movie Jaws, would the producer be to blame if the lifeguard gave an actor a life vest full of dry concrete?