Alec Baldwin killed crew member Halyna Hutchins on set of Rust

That's the biggest question, I think.

But why would the armorer put live rounds in a prop gun? Fucked up.
Because Alec Baldwin hired an incompetent armorer to save money after a professional one told him things were unsafe on the set.

Interesting. But would the producer still be guilty of negligence if he paid his armorer double the going rate?

In the movie Jaws, would the producer be to blame if the lifeguard gave an actor a life vest full of dry concrete?
well yes.
If the corners the producer is cuttting, was one of the reasons for someone's death (in case of Jaws. drowning). Then yes. He is negligent. (or should be)

well yes.
If the corners the producer is cuttting, was one of the reasons for someone's death (in case of Jaws. drowning). Then yes. He is negligent. (or should be)

Well, that seems like it would fall under every single job in corporate America, to be honest.

That's the biggest question, I think.

But why would the armorer put live rounds in a prop gun? Fucked up.
No matter who brought the live rounds, armorer is guilty of something.

Whoever brought the round is as well imo.

If someone else other than the armorer loaded the gun, we prolly have a murder.

No matter who brought the live rounds, armorer is guilty of something.

Whoever brought the round is as well imo.

If someone else other than the armorer loaded the gun, we prolly have a murder.

Yep. I agree.

Something I find interesting is that people are saying he should have checked that the gun wasn't loaded, but it was supposed to be loaded with blanks, which look identical from the back. Even if he pulled out the rounds to be sure, does anyone think Alec Baldwin knows what a live round looks like compared to a blank?

I doubt it.

100% on the armorer, in my opinion.
If he atteded the weekly safety meetings, then yes he should. It's not like there are thousands of lines of ammo to memorize ... there are three he had to know.

If he atteded the weekly safety meetings, then yes he should. It's not like there are thousands of lines of ammo to memorize ... there are three he had to know.
Actors don’t and shouldn’t be fiddling with ammo. This is laughable.

Actors don’t and shouldn’t be fiddling with ammo. This is laughable.
Anyone that handles a firearm should be responsible for its safe usage. The he is an actor line is bullshit. What else are actors exempt from?

Anyone that handles a firearm should be responsible for its safe usage. The he is an actor line is bullshit. What else are actors exempt from?
You hand out tickets at nascar for failing to use a blinker or following too close or speeding?
Your position is bunk.
The regular rules of firearm safety are PURPOSEFULLY broken on set. That’s why you want a bonded expert armorer fiddling with the ammo, not a coked up actor.
Fucking laughable.

You hand out tickets at nascar for failing to use a blinker or following too close or speeding?
If they are running a race on public roads ... yes.
Your position is bunk.
From the man that thinks racing on a closed track is similar to handling a firearm ...
The regular rules of firearm safety are PURPOSEFULLY broken on set.
Absolutely not you ignorant bastard. They are purposefully enhanced with training and experts on the set. Having a firearms export on set absolutely does NOT relieve anyone else of maintaining safely handling a firearm. If you don't believe me, watch the trial.

Whoever put the live round in the prop gun is to blame.

Case closed.

If they are running a race on public roads ... yes.

From the man that thinks racing on a closed track is similar to handling a firearm ...

Absolutely not you ignorant bastard. They are purposefully enhanced with training and experts on the set. Having a firearms export on set absolutely does NOT relieve anyone else of maintaining safely handling a firearm. If you don't believe me, watch the trial.
• A closed set. A closed track.
• Purposefully going too fast and following too close. Purposefully pointing guns at others and pulling triggers.
Is it sinking in?
You want bonded experts fiddling with the ammo… not coked up Jack Black.

You’re astoundingly stupid

That doesn't answer the question.
The FBI said it was impossible for the weapon to fire unless the trigger was pulled, so we know Alec pulled the trigger. We have the bullet that killed one and wounded another. Are you suggesting that bullet didn't go where the gun was aimed the moment the trigger was pulled?

The FBI said it was impossible for the weapon to fire unless the trigger was pulled, so we know Alec pulled the trigger. We have the bullet that killed one and wounded another. Are you suggesting that bullet didn't go where the gun was aimed the moment the trigger was pulled?

Do you not understand what the word "aim" means?