Alec Baldwin killed crew member Halyna Hutchins on set of Rust

Gonna be kinda hard, since the star witness is dead, and everyone else has been paid off. Given that the film industry will need to get back in gear, as soon as the actors' strike is over, I don't see New Mexico pursuing this very hard.

The Academy Award for 'Biggest Asshole' is still Baldwin's to lose, though...

I'm guessing they have no intention of going to trial but just hate this asshole killer as much as everyone else. Snarl him up in court and be a general nuisance.

• Bullshit!
Reactions: ill
Bodes well for the rich Hollywood actor, who aimed a firearm at a live person, pulled the trigger, and then claimed zero responsibility. The moves he’s made toward settling with the victim’s family probably absolve him of responsibility as a producer who hired this dumb twat.
His responsibilities as producer are for a civil court to decide.
You personally have enjoyed and patronized hundreds and hundreds of movies where actors point guns at people, pull triggers, etc. without ever checking the ammo themselves.
This isn’t your home or on the street. You WANT the armorer in charge of ammo maintenance when these conditions are present, not some coked up actor.
You don’t give tickets for speeding or tailgating at Talladega.

His responsibilities as producer are for a civil court to decide.
You personally have enjoyed hundreds and hundreds of movies where actors point guns at people, pull triggers, etc.
This isn’t your home or on the street. You WANT the armored in charge of ammo maintenance when these conditions are present, not some cokes up actor.
You don’t give tickets for speeding or tailgating at Taladega.
Nah, even with the conflicting and frankly, bizarre statements Baldwin has made about the shooting, involuntary manslaughter seems a tough mountain to climb. The conditions in the set and the pinching of the budget had previously suggested he could go down for some lesser charge, tied to negligence. With Gutierrez-Reed guilty first, I’m guessing this just doesn’t happen.

You personally have enjoyed and patronized hundreds and hundreds of movies where actors point guns at people, pull triggers, etc. without ever checking the ammo themselves.
This is a factually incorrect statement. If you would like, I will link you a video of a well respected armorer employed on many movie sets and he flat states that is not the case. It is the industry standard for everyone that touches the gun to check for loaded/unloaded status AND to verify what type of rounds were loaded. Alec was no less derelict in his duties as the armorer was. There is a reason for this being the standard, and guess what it is ...

This is a factually incorrect statement. If you would like, I will link you a video of a well respected armorer employed on many movie sets and he flat states that is not the case. It is the industry standard for everyone that touches the gun to check for loaded/unloaded status AND to verify what type of rounds were loaded. Alec was no less derelict in his duties as the armorer was. There is a reason for this being the standard, and guess what it is ...
You’re claiming coked up actors are taking out ammo, inspecting , them, reseating ammo, and they’re doing this regularly??? Lmao.
You fucks will argue anything.
The LAST thing you want when pointing guns at each other and pulling triggers is for fucking Jack Black or Dave Chappelle or any Baldwin pulling mags and pulling ammo after a pro armorer has handed it to them.
Fucking laughable how you fucking straight liars will just spew shit out.

You’re claiming coked up actors are taking out ammo, inspecting , them, reseating ammo, and they’re doing this regularly??? Lmao.
You are claiming that coked up actors are not responsible for a gun that they possess and operate ...
The LAST thing you want when pointing guns at each other and pulling triggers is for fucking Jack Black or Dave Chappelle or any Baldwin pulling mags and pulling ammo after a pro armorer has handed it to them.
Fucking laughable how you fucking straight liars will just spew shit out.
Which is why there are industry standards that prevent that very thing, if followed. Alec has been in many movies with firearms and that armorer I offered to link had Alec on set before. Alec knew the safety protocol. And yes, actors learn how to tell red dots from green, where drilled holes should be and the difference between live, dummy and blank rounds.
You fucks will argue anything.
Only with ignorant people that want to believe that there is no role in safety nor responsibility for (D)ifferent folks with guns.

You are claiming that coked up actors are not responsible for a gun that they possess and operate ...

Which is why there are industry standards that prevent that very thing, if followed. Alec has been in many movies with firearms and that armorer I offered to link had Alec on set before. Alec knew the safety protocol. And yes, actors learn how to tell red dots from green, where drilled holes should be and the difference between live, dummy and blank rounds.

Only with ignorant people that want to believe that there is no role in safety nor responsibility for (D)ifferent folks with guns.
So in scenes with semi-autos and multiple shots, you’re claiming the industry standard is for actors themselves to pull, inspect, and reinsert ammo into mags?

Dude. You’re just fucking lying.
Quit the bullshit.
Actors do not pull, adjust, inspect, reseat, etc ammo after the licensed, professional, responsible armorer hands them the weapon.

It does not happen.

And further, you DEFINITELY don’t want them to.

This is laughable.

So in scenes with semi-autos and multiple shots, you’re claiming the industry standard is for actors themselves to pull, inspect, and reinsert ammo into mags?
Dude. You’re just fucking lying.
Quit the bullshit.
Actors do not pull, adjust, inspect, reseat, etc ammo after the licensed, professional, responsible armorer hands them the weapon.
Not only are you wrong but the also have gun safety training that explains how to do that. Loads(bullets) are color coordinated, easily seen even in magazines and cylinders and may have holes drilled into the base of the round to show there is no gun power in the round(for dummies). Every actor that has a weapon in their possession or being pointed at/near them also check. There is a reason safety does not rest on one person, had Alec followed the protocols that he knew existed, he would not have killed anyone.

It does not happen.

And further, you DEFINITELY don’t want them to.

This is laughable.
It does and I have linked everything from industry standards to videos of armorers respected and working in the industry. The reason you want it to happen is to keep from killing someone by accident. Funny how the gun control crowd cant hold their own to the same laws that everyone else faces.

Let me just ask you one question that should put an end to the debate:
If you are handed a gun that you are told is empty, is it safe to then point that gun at another person and pull the trigger with or without verifying it is empty?

Let me just ask you one question that should put an end to the debate:
If you are handed a gun that you are told is empty, is it safe to then point that gun at another person and pull the trigger with or without verifying it is empty?
That question doesn’t answer shit. I’m not in a closed set and already pointing guns and pulling triggers… two things I wouldn’t do either outside a movie set.
You are all wet.
The general protocols of gun safety are ALREADY being broken on purpose.
You don’t hand out speeding tickets on a nascar oval.
You don’t follow the gun safety rules on set… you are literally and purposefully pointing guns at people and pulling triggers.

Your gotcha question is bunk.

That question doesn’t answer shit. I’m not in a closed set and already pointing guns and pulling triggers… two things I wouldn’t do either outside a movie set.
You are all wet.
The general protocols of gun safety are ALREADY being broken on purpose.
You don’t hand out speeding tickets on a nascar oval.
You don’t follow the gun safety rules on set… you are literally and purposefully pointing guns at people and pulling triggers.

Your gotcha question is bunk.
What magical and legal power do you have that makes everywhere in the country except a movie set follow gun safety regulations? The question is stupid to you because Alec is (D)ifferent from the rest of the country ... he is the only one that has no responsibility to practice firearms safety.