Beers you avoid

Here's my list of beers that I avoid;

All of them

The end.

Welcome to the beer forum!

john oliver cheers GIF

Welcome to the beer forum!

john oliver cheers GIF
I don't mind a pilsner or a lager every now and then and lord knows I drank a lot of beer when I was younger, but now if I want to get a nice glow going I just sip some fine bourbon and skip the filler.

I don't mind a pilsner or a lager every now and then and lord knows I drank a lot of beer when I was younger, but now if I want to get a nice glow going I just sip some fine bourbon and skip the filler.

I'm certainly a fan of bourbon, especially a nip of a good single barrel or BiB in the evenings. However, with warm weather approaching, I need something a little more refreshing during the day. While the imperial IPAs and stouts don't lend themselves to the heat of the day, a decent pilsner or lager do make for good "lawnmower" beers.

I'd also prefer a cold rum or vodka mixed drink over a Bud, but would never turn one down if offered.

Thick dark ones that will hold a fork vertical.

Cloudy ones.

Anything that isn't just beer. No fruit, coffee, chocolate, etc.

Just beer me Marge.

Thick dark ones that will hold a fork vertical.

Cloudy ones.

Anything that isn't just beer. No fruit, coffee, chocolate, etc.

Just beer me Marge.

So from your descriptions, I'm assuming you prefer lagers or pilsners. However the line "anything that isn't just beer", lends to just personal preference, as beer is defined as an alcoholic drink made from fermented malts, yeast, and hops. Which includes all the ones you may not like, but are still considered beer.

Enjoy your preferences, but there are hundreds of different types of beer. Much like liquor, there are hundreds of different types, each fitting the definition, but caters to those that prefer a particular pallet.

Reactions: Me
I haven’t drank a beer in a long time. Takes too many to feel anything. Straight liquor FTW.

But when I would drink beer, if a beer snob liked it, I wouldn’t touch it because I didn’t want the association. If a 30 pack of Budweiser is cheaper than a 6 pack of your sissy beer, you’re not much of a drinker. And I LOL at anyone that talks about how strong their beer is. Motherfucker, unless it burns blue, all your shit is weak
Aren't you over the hill now, how do you even sleep at night?

So from your descriptions, I'm assuming you prefer lagers or pilsners. However the line "anything that isn't just beer", lends to just personal preference, as beer is defined as an alcoholic drink made from fermented malts, yeast, and hops. Which includes all the ones you may not like, but are still considered beer.

Enjoy your preferences, but there are hundreds of different types of beer. Much like liquor, there are hundreds of different types, each fitting the definition, but caters to those that prefer a particular pallet.

Wow, 65 years and I know nothing...

Isn't the thread about personal preference? Didn't I outline the shit I don't like in my beer?

Wow, 65 years and I know nothing...

Isn't the thread about personal preference? Didn't I outline the shit I don't like in my beer?

Yes and no. The issue was that one line. What do you actually mean "anything that isn't just beer"?

I get that way with Sam Adams lagers for some reason

I like Bud Heavy and will drink that or Banquet Beer or MGD if that is there and I have a longer day of drinking ahead of me.

Banquet is solid

I'm probably reading too much into it, and I apologize if so. I've been "single" this weekend and indulging in many beers starting early in the morning.

If you just don't like additives to a "beer" such as the fruit or chocolate you mentioned, then I can see what you meant. I originally took it as someone that doesn't like anything other than base beers (leaving out a lot of flavorful options outside of most pi lsners/lagers) and anything otherwise isn't a beer.

Once again, my apologies.

I'm an extremely light sleeper unless I have about 18 beers in me. Then I sleep like a baby.

I find falling asleep sober almost impossible. I have a head that won't shut the fuck up. As soon as I lay down I start thinking about stupid shit from like 20 years ago.

There are exceptions but I'm terrible at randomly picking out the fruit/chocolate beers
Someone bought me one maybe twenty years ago. Been a fan of that specific one for years. Tried a local lambic recently that was solid, but not on the same level. Maybe the third I’ve ever had.

Never had a chocolate beer. Most likely will never buy myself a stout either.