Beers you avoid

I'm an extremely light sleeper unless I have about 18 beers in me. Then I sleep like a baby.

I find falling asleep sober almost impossible. I have a head that won't shut the fuck up. As soon as I lay down I start thinking about stupid shit from like 20 years ago.
Got made fun of as a kid for saying “I can’t turn my brain off”.

As an older kid I discovered a trick, drugs and alcohol. Praise be to Bacchus.

Had a smoked German beer once.

That's the only kind I will avoid at the moment.

I have come across some spicy beers that are really really just not my style.

anything brewed with peppers is a no go for me.

I have come across some spicy beers that are really really just not my style.

anything brewed with peppers is a no go for me.
I'll try anything, especially if yer offering, but goddamn that sounds awful?

I'll try anything, especially if yer offering, but goddamn that sounds awful?
I bought a 4 pack once...never again.

I have a buddy who really likes them though

I like margaritas with some pepper, but never had one in a beer.

I like margaritas with some pepper, but never had one in a beer.
I like spicy food WITH beer, never really thought to have em' in the damn thing.

I'll stick to wings or tacos and beer. Just sounds like too much, for no real reason?:noidea:

I am finishing off a six pack of this now. Local Kroger had them in the build your own six pack section for $9.99, when they're $12.99 for a pack of four 10 feet away. Not sure who decides to put these, along with a few others like pints of Fear Movie Lions in that case, but they're either stupid or a fellow beer drinker passing on the love.

View attachment 23652
Probably out of code. That’s what stores up here do.

Will not touch a Miller or a Coors.

Not a huge fan of the the high potent Belgian style. That plum taste fucks with me.

And fuck rye ipa’s

Probably out of code. That’s what stores up here do.

Interesting. It happens often enough that I just think they have customers that want a variety to try and will buy mostly cheaper beers to cover the difference. Then again , there are a couple of my buddies that do the same as I do. I'm sure they're still coming away with profit compared to what they pay for it anyway.

Not a huge fan of the the high potent Belgian style. That plum taste fucks with me.

And fuck rye ipa’s

Tripels may be something I'll get in a 5 oz flight to try, but like you, I just can't drink much of them.

And fuck rye ipa’s
Plum? Interesting. I've made a double, triple, and quad Belgian beer and really liked them all. They have a very banana taste to them because of the yeast.

Plum? Interesting. I've made a double, triple, and quad Belgian beer and really liked them all. They have a very banana taste to them because of the yeast.
I guess banana is a more apt comparison. That banana flavor mixed with the boozy taste just screws me up. I will admit though, some actually are pretty damn tasty.

Interesting. It happens often enough that I just think they have customers that want a variety to try and will buy mostly cheaper beers to cover the difference. Then again , there are a couple of my buddies that do the same as I do. I'm sure they're still coming away with profit compared to what they pay for it anyway.

Tripels may be something I'll get in a 5 oz flight to try, but like you, I just can't drink much of them.
Yeah, I work in the alcohol industry and more often then not those crafty crafts are slow moving so they have to get rid of them somehow. But Stone usually isn’t one of those lol so you did get a find. Honestly most of the beer is good, putting a code on its beyond stupid. As long as it’s not in directly sunlight, or switched from hot to cold constantly it should be fine when it comes to the higher alcohol stuff. Although ipa’s really shouldnt be aged.

Agree 100% on the Belgian part.

Yeah, I work in the alcohol industry and more often then not those crafty crafts are slow moving so they have to get rid of them somehow. But Stone usually isn’t one of those lol so you did get a find. Honestly most of the beer is good, putting a code on its beyond stupid. As long as it’s not in directly sunlight, or switched from hot to cold constantly it should be fine when it comes to the higher alcohol stuff. Although ipa’s really shouldnt be aged.

Do you know why ipa's are called that? You're not wrong obviously but the origin is the opposite.

Do you know why ipa's are called that? You're not wrong obviously but the origin is the opposite.
Yup, during the english occupation in India they used spices from India to keep the beer good when sending it back to England.

I actually had no idea until I looked it up like 8 years ago, lol.

Yep, Stone is always in those cases, where it looks like they've just opened up a variety case and set them in there, alongside fear movie lions. Picked up some Space Dust and Two Hearted the other day. I didn't check any dates, but will take a look next time to see if that's what's going on.