Big 12 thread

Was wrong about the Pokes/Steers game. Congrats to UT. They controlled the t.o. game.

A 2 way tie for 1st now in the B12? ISU, KSU? OSU just behind a game. After that, gets a bit clogged up in the middle if OU wins.
Standings
1. Iowa State 4-1
K-State 4-1
3. Okie Lite 3-1
4. Oklahoma 3-2
Texas 3-2
West Virginia 3-2
7. TCU 2-3
8. Baylor 1-3
9. Texas Tech 1-3
10. Kansas 0-5

Looking at the remaining schedules of the one/two loss teams, (and as teams are looking right now) I'd say OU has the path of least resistance to the CCG. After that I could see ISU or Okie Lite also finishing 7-2. I see a 3rd loss in there somewhere for K-State, Texas and West Virginia. Of the bottom dwellers, TCU or Tech might have a magical game and screw up one of the contenders' season. I don't see Baylor or Kansas beating anybody but TCU or Tech.

Now that I've said that, watch "chalk" fall competely apart and some of these leaders shit the bed a couple of times.

Remaining Schedule
ISU 4-1 Baylor, BYE, K-State, @ Texas, WV
KSU 4-1 Okie Lite, BYE, @Iowa State, @ Baylor, Texas
OSU 3-1 @K-State, BYE, @Oklahoma, Texas Tech, @TCU, @ Baylor
OU 3-2 Kansas, BYE, Okie Lite, @ WV, Baylor
UT 3-2 WV, BYE, @Kansas, Iowa State, @K-State
WV 3-2 @Texas, TCU, BYE, @Oklahoma, Iowa State

Yeah.. I have no faith in Texas actually running the table to get to the CCG.

Yesterday's win was great but if they played like that every week, we def lose another game or two. okie light had over 500 yards in total offense to Texas who had like around 270 yards. UT forced 4 turnovers and had a special teams TD..

Just can't expect that to happen every week especially with having KSU, ISU still on the schedule.. hell WV probably gives us fits next week because the OL still struggles and WV has a pretty good DL with the Stills Bros.

All that being said.. this is going to be an interesting month like it always is in this conference

Standings
1. Iowa State 4-1
K-State 4-1
3. Okie Lite 3-1
4. Oklahoma 3-2
Texas 3-2
West Virginia 3-2
7. TCU 2-3
8. Baylor 1-3
9. Texas Tech 1-3
10. Kansas 0-5

Looking at the remaining schedules of the one/two loss teams, (and as teams are looking right now) I'd say OU has the path of least resistance to the CCG. After that I could see ISU or Okie Lite also finishing 7-2. I see a 3rd loss in there somewhere for K-State, Texas and West Virginia. Of the bottom dwellers, TCU or Tech might have a magical game and screw up one of the contenders' season. I don't see Baylor or Kansas beating anybody but TCU or Tech.

Now that I've said that, watch "chalk" fall competely apart and some of these leaders shit the bed a couple of times.

Remaining Schedule
Yeah, it sucks that a young OU had to meet ISU and KSU early on while Rattler etal were still trying to figure out the game, but it is what it is. At least those are out of the way. ISU, KSU, WV and UT have 3 tough games left. OSU and OU both have 2. Will be interesting to see who reps the B12 in the CCG. There seem to be 6 worthy teams at this point. I don't think there will be a B12 rep in the CFP as each team will have 2 or more losses by season's end. With the PAC only playing half a season(7 games if no Covid issues), I don't think they should get one either. Most likely, Going to see the annual participants Clemson and Bama, and then tOSU and maybe ND if they tcob the rest of the season. Without TL next week, ND could beat Clemson.

Last edited:
Stevenson and Perkins had a huge impact. Wish we would of had those guys early on. You could see Tech did not want to tackle Stevenson lol.

Stevenson and Perkins had a huge impact. Wish we would of had those guys early on. You could see Tech did not want to tackle Stevenson lol.
Yeah, Stevenson got a TD on his first touch. Averaged almost 7 ypc. 3 TD's. Perkins looked very good too. On TT's first TD, Perkins chased the guy down and almost saved the TD. Big man was flying! Had 3 solo's, 2 for a loss and a hurry. Our D line seems pretty stout now.

Yeah, it sucks that a young OU had to meet ISU and KSU early on while Rattler etal were still trying to figure out the game, but it is what it is. At least those are out of the way. ISU, KSU, WV and UT have 3 tough games left. OSU and OU both have 2. Will be interesting to see who reps the B12 in the CCG. There seem to be 6 worthy teams at this point. I don't think there will be a B12 rep in the CFP as each team will have 2 or more losses by season's end. With the PAC only playing half a season(7 games if no Covid issues), I don't think they should get one either. Most likely, Going to see the annual participants Clemson and Bama, and then tOSU and maybe ND if they tcob the rest of the season. Without TL next week, ND could beat Clemson.
Agree on all points including the Big 12 being left out of the CFP. I'm thinking one of the two Big 12 CCG participants may even have 3 losses. Hell, it isn't inconceivable that both could have three.

This year is so wacky it could be the one that a Big 12 (or other conference) champ could have two losses but really hit stride and go on a roll at the end of the year. Then left out of the CFP but be the team that rolls through the playoffs. But, having a team get on a roll late in the year and winning it really isn't what is desired in the CFP...ala 2014 tOSU.

Agree on all points including the Big 12 being left out of the CFP. I'm thinking one of the two Big 12 CCG participants may even have 3 losses. Hell, it isn't inconceivable that both could have three.

This year is so wacky it could be the one that a Big 12 (or other conference) champ could have two losses but really hit stride and go on a roll at the end of the year. Then left out of the CFP but be the team that rolls through the playoffs. But, having a team get on a roll late in the year and winning it really isn't what is desired in the CFP...ala 2014 tOSU.
Yep. Most likely, best case scenario, the B12 champ will get a Sugar Bowl invite to play UGA, UF of whomever is runner-up in the SEC. The Rose will be the PAC champ and runner-up in the B1G. Cinci or BYU could throw a curve in there somewhere or get a Fiesta or Peach invite. Of course, we can never discount GOAT UCF and I hear Texas is back.

Yesterday's win was great but if they played like that every week, we def lose another game or two. okie light had over 500 yards in total offense to Texas who had like around 270 yards. UT forced 4 turnovers and had a special teams TD..

Just can't expect that to happen every week especially with having KSU, ISU still on the schedule.. hell WV probably gives us fits next week because the OL still struggles and WV has a pretty good DL with the Stills Bros.

All that being said.. this is going to be an interesting month like it always is in this conference
Texas is going to beat us by 40 points. We have a dogshit offense.

Yep. Most likely, best case scenario, the B12 champ will get a Sugar Bowl invite to play UGA, UF of whomever is runner-up in the SEC. The Rose will be the PAC champ and runner-up in the B1G. Cinci or BYU could throw a curve in there somewhere or get a Fiesta or Peach invite. Of course, we can never discount GOAT UCF and I hear Texas is back.
Aren't Rose and Sugar the CFP semis this year?

Standings
1. Iowa State 4-1
K-State 4-1
3. Okie Lite 3-1
4. Oklahoma 3-2
Texas 3-2
West Virginia 3-2
7. TCU 2-3
8. Baylor 1-3
9. Texas Tech 1-3
10. Kansas 0-5

Remaining Schedule
popsicle GIF

Aren't Rose and Sugar the CFP semis this year?
You're right. Got my semi-cycle confused. Hard to keep up with the 6 game rotation. Maybe an Orange invite for the B12 champ? Hell, I don't know. :headscratch:

You're right. Got my semi-cycle confused. Hard to keep up with the 6 game rotation. Maybe an Orange invite for the B12 champ? Hell, I don't know. :headscratch:
Think our highest bowl is the Alamo this year.. so it will be against the top Pac12 team

Love this guy.. hopefully my stillers can draft him in the first rd if he's still available..

Damn... I was impressed by Texas' amassing of penalties during the game.

13 for 142 yds.

USC seems to have mastered that stat over the years, but I'm not sure they have done it quite so masterfully as the Longhorns did in this game. The refs obviously love you guys... heh heh :heh:

Damn... I was impressed by Texas' amassing of penalties during the game.

13 for 142 yds.

USC seems to have mastered that stat over the years, but I'm not sure they have done it quite so masterfully as the Longhorns did in this game. heh heh :heh:
Yep.. but in fairness some of those calls.. I just didn't get..like the illegal block by the TE running a mesh play..actually called it twice. But they stuck with it. But under the Tom era.. this has been the most penalized coached team in the history of Texas football. Strong reason why he will be getting canned this season

Yep.. but in fairness some of those calls.. I just didn't get..like the illegal block by the TE running a mesh play..actually called it twice. But they stuck with it. But under the Tom era.. this has been the most penalized coached team in the history of Texas football. Strong reason why he will be getting canned this season
Well... Pete Carroll's USC teams were extremely good at racking up penalties, but he had the knack to be able to get his teams totally Fired-Up, unlike most other coaches out there. And that usually got carried over into the game. :headbanger: