Bundesliga 2022/2023

Yes but I don't think it will happen. Not too many English go to Germany. They develop there, but don't return once gone. Bayern do need a defensive mid though and Rice one of the best and a striker and potentially a left back now that Cancelo gone. Most likely unloads are Sabitzer to Man U, Mane to Astin Villa, Sommer to Man U (maybe), Hernandez to PSG, Sarr to anyone for a penny. Will be hard to sell anyone else with the bloated salaries. That would give them around $90 million to buy or so.

Yeah, I won't believe it until I see it. But, I'd rather see him go to Bayern than Man U or Chelsea (or any English team for that matter).

IMO, Rice will go to Chelsea or City (maybe Newcastle).

West Ham are going to want a ton for him. 100M or more. I don't think Bayern has a history of paying that much for transfers, so if he is to be sold it'll be one of the EPL teams that buy him most likely. Juve certainly out of the question now, as is Barca. Only Real or PSG outside of england have that kind of cash.

Great irony of this season: Union makes UCL, Hertha relegated. Hertha as much or more than Schalke in recent years the biggest joke in Bundesliga and finally pays for it. Good riddance.
Been waiting on Hertha to drop for a few years now. Crazy how they plummeted.

So, Bayern win their 11th league title in a row.

And in the process fired their manager, CEO, and sporting director. Wild times haha.

The Dortmund choke job is an all timer. A "take it to your f'n grave" blunder.
Bayern tried their best to let BVB win it. But BVB BVB'd themselves.

Supposedly he did not take his firing well and they were worried he would make a "violent" scene in Koln lol. You think?
I read up on an Uli interview where he said Kahn is alright but the advisors he surrounded himself with were the reason for his firing.

End of season grades:

A+:

Nooooooooooooooooooo one.

A:

De Ligt (a couple minor slip ups, but overall a rock. Saved them in UCL versus PSG too. Great signing).
Chopo (no one expected that many goals, Only injury and lack of opportunity in beginning season blocked him from more).
Stanisic (yeah I know he only played a few games, but he totally bottled Mbappe like no one else).

A-

Ulreich (stepped in fine when Neuer hurt. Wasn't to blame for most of his goals allowed.)

B+:

Musiala (first full season. You can expect the up and downs. Before World Cup up, after down but saved season).
Tel (his goals per 90 minutes was very good. Just didn't get minutes for some unknown reason).

B:

Muller (rarely did Bayern score at end of season when not on, but there were more down moments too. Missed Lewey).
Kimmich (iron man had no one to play off of and got overwhelmed at times. Terrible crossing too.)
Mazraoui (looked good before and after Covid. Problem is COVID wrecked most of his season. Want to see more).

B-:

Coman (alot of dribbling and made life difficult for defenders. Still can't shoot consistently).
Pavard (not much in first half, but better in 2nd. Stumbled at end. Too many penalties).
Sommer (more shaky than expected. All the penalties Bayern got, could never save one.)

C+:

Upa (see Pavard but made slightly more gaffs).

C:

Gnabry (still one of their leading scorers, problem is did it only in 6 or 7 games, the rest trash).

C-:

Neuer (fucking skiing in the middle of the season? Enough said).
Davies (second season where he was not great. Way too many giveaways. Needs more concentration. Almost no game offsensively).
Lucas (way too many injuries. When healthy he is great, when is that consistently).
Sabitzer (loss his offensive skills and sat behind Goretzka.....yes the 2022/2023 Goretza. Not good).

D+:

Sane (looked good in Group stages, but not much else. Decision making bad. Gives ball away too easy and sulks).

D:

Mane (started well, but lazy with offsides, no hold up play, locker room cancer. Game disappeared after World Cup).
Gravenberch (whines, terrible defender, and never showed any offensive skills).

F:

Goretzka (completely lost this season. Not good at a 6 or 8. Subbed on and subbed off after 14 minutes today. Time to leave)
Blind (slower than cement. Got eaten up in his UCL minutes and pretty much cost their UCL games in some ways and never played again).

No rating:

Sarr (never played a minute).
Ibrahimovic (got time in one game, and looked good. Want to see way more).
Wanner (see Ibrahimovic).

Coach and management:

Tuchel: D (only the Musiala sub today gets him above an F).
Nags: B- (great in UCL, but dropped off in Bundesliga. Fired while still in contention for 3 trophies).
Kahn F- (way over his head. Enough said).
Brazzo D (extended Coman and Gnabry, blew budget with sane, firted with Haaland at expense of Lewey. Did sign De Ligt though so no F).
I've read your grades a few times now and will respond with more meat and potatoes later as I'm behind on posts, but I generally agree with what you have here. I might have Coman higher. I think this was a pretty good season for him. His quality was consistent, something the rest of the squad lacked for the most part.

I've read your grades a few times now and will respond with more meat and potatoes later as I'm behind on posts, but I generally agree with what you have here. I might have Coman higher. I think this was a pretty good season for him. His quality was consistent, something the rest of the squad lacked for the most part.
I left Cancelo off since he was a loanee.

Looks like Pavard leaving this summer. Same with Lucas. Really pushing for that PSG move. Bayern may have more cash than I thought to spend now. Mazraoui agent offered him to Juventus but I think he will get full time opportunity next season #1 right back. Defense could be drastically different now.

ESPN had there best and worst Bundesliga today. Somehow Gnabry made the best list. WTF they watching? Neuer and Gravenberch and Mane made made the worst list. Gravenberch barely played, so Goretka should have been there instead. I see David Raum of Leipzig on the worst list. That loser was a letdown for Germany in the World Cup too. At least Schlotterbeck made the best. I still think he is the future at center back for Germany. Also Guerrero made the best list. May go to Bayern next season. Remember Peter Bosz? Lol. Ended up worst coach in League 1 lol. Reprising his role from the past in the Bundesliga.

ESPN had there best and worst Bundesliga today. Somehow Gnabry made the best list. WTF they watching? Neuer and Gravenberch and Mane made made the worst list. Gravenberch barely played, so Goretka should have been there instead. I see David Raum of Leipzig on the worst list. That loser was a letdown for Germany in the World Cup too. At least Schlotterbeck made the best. I still think he is the future at center back for Germany. Also Guerrero made the best list. May go to Bayern next season. Remember Peter Bosz? Lol. Ended up worst coach in League 1 lol. Reprising his role from the past in the Bundesliga.

Highlighted the issue.

Yeah but Nkunku gone and probably Gvardiol too. Olmo missed a lot of the season. I expect Leipzig to step back a bit who knows the way Bayern is going them too,

Davies too?

Maybe they should buy Cancelo now. I saw there was still a fool’s hope Bayern tries to negotiate the fee down with the oil sheikhs.
Yeh Davies. He broke off negotiations too. So it Pavard, Lucas, Davies all up in the air. I was thinking the same thing, they may need Cancelo.

So much for Hamburg in promotion. Got routed by Stuttgart. So close, yet so far trying to get back up to Bundesliga. Those poor fans there thinking they were promoted and now another year (I think season 5) in second division again.

So much for Hamburg in promotion. Got routed by Stuttgart. So close, yet so far trying to get back up to Bundesliga. Those poor fans there thinking they were promoted and now another year (I think season 5) in second division again.
They are always so close. I’m surprised they have not returned. Big club.