Bundesliga 2022/2023

On the fence about Brazzo sacking but extending Gnabry, signing Mane and Sane and Upa and losing Lewey and Alaba low lights. More lowlights than highlights in recent years. Sarr, Sanchez, Gravenberch, Sabitzer, Blind not great either. Musiala probably his best signing and De Ligt maybe too.

Losing Bellingham the nail in the coffin for BVB. Did not play today. The one player they need more than anyone else. Was out last week too but Augsburg with 10 men no problem. A Bo Swenson coached Mainz team a big problem it turned out to be. Bellingham probably at Man City next season with Gundogan and Silva gone. He’ll get his trophies there like Haaland.

I recorded both. And did my best to avoid ruining drama jumping between them at low volume. I left one recording and went to the other. I've done it son long it's like breathing.

As the Bayern match ended I knew from reactions it was not yet certain so I immediately went back to the Dortmund match at the 78' minute mark or so and the MAinz keeper made at least 3 huge saves and there were a couple of misses as well.

And then Sule! He looked like fucking Pele!

Anyway, 2 great goals and Mane was unfortunate on his great play, but hands is hands as Gnabry found out, Somer played great but made at least to lateral passes way down low I thought risky.

A great day though.

Long live Jamal Musiala....

I recorded both. And did my best to avoid ruining drama jumping between them at low volume. I left one recording and went to the other. I've done it son long it's like breathing.

As the Bayern match ended I knew from reactions it was not yet certain so I immediately went back to the Dortmund match at the 78' minute mark or so and the MAinz keeper made at least 3 huge saves and there were a couple of misses as well.

And then Sule! He looked like fucking Pele!

Anyway, 2 great goals and Mane was unfortunate on his great play, but hands is hands as Gnabry found out, Somer played great but made at least to lateral passes way down low I thought risky.

A great day though.

Long live Jamal Musiala....
Maybe instead of two Big Macs for lunch and just had one all year, Sule might have played quicker on defense today lol. Sule and Hummels yikes.

End of season grades:

A+:

Nooooooooooooooooooo one.

A:

De Ligt (a couple minor slip ups, but overall a rock. Saved them in UCL versus PSG too. Great signing).
Chopo (no one expected that many goals, Only injury and lack of opportunity in beginning season blocked him from more).
Stanisic (yeah I know he only played a few games, but he totally bottled Mbappe like no one else).

A-

Ulreich (stepped in fine when Neuer hurt. Wasn't to blame for most of his goals allowed.)

B+:

Musiala (first full season. You can expect the up and downs. Before World Cup up, after down but saved season).
Tel (his goals per 90 minutes was very good. Just didn't get minutes for some unknown reason).

B:

Muller (rarely did Bayern score at end of season when not on, but there were more down moments too. Missed Lewey).
Kimmich (iron man had no one to play off of and got overwhelmed at times. Terrible crossing too.)
Mazraoui (looked good before and after Covid. Problem is COVID wrecked most of his season. Want to see more).

B-:

Coman (alot of dribbling and made life difficult for defenders. Still can't shoot consistently).
Pavard (not much in first half, but better in 2nd. Stumbled at end. Too many penalties).
Sommer (more shaky than expected. All the penalties Bayern got, could never save one.)

C+:

Upa (see Pavard but made slightly more gaffs).

C:

Gnabry (still one of their leading scorers, problem is did it only in 6 or 7 games, the rest trash).

C-:

Neuer (fucking skiing in the middle of the season? Enough said).
Davies (second season where he was not great. Way too many giveaways. Needs more concentration. Almost no game offsensively).
Lucas (way too many injuries. When healthy he is great, when is that consistently).
Sabitzer (loss his offensive skills and sat behind Goretzka.....yes the 2022/2023 Goretza. Not good).

D+:

Sane (looked good in Group stages, but not much else. Decision making bad. Gives ball away too easy and sulks).

D:

Mane (started well, but lazy with offsides, no hold up play, locker room cancer. Game disappeared after World Cup).
Gravenberch (whines, terrible defender, and never showed any offensive skills).

F:

Goretzka (completely lost this season. Not good at a 6 or 8. Subbed on and subbed off after 14 minutes today. Time to leave)
Blind (slower than cement. Got eaten up in his UCL minutes and pretty much cost their UCL games in some ways and never played again).

No rating:

Sarr (never played a minute).
Ibrahimovic (got time in one game, and looked good. Want to see way more).
Wanner (see Ibrahimovic).

Coach and management:

Tuchel: D (only the Musiala sub today gets him above an F).
Nags: B- (great in UCL, but dropped off in Bundesliga. Fired while still in contention for 3 trophies).
Kahn F- (way over his head. Enough said).
Brazzo D (extended Coman and Gnabry, blew budget with sane, firted with Haaland at expense of Lewey. Did sign De Ligt though so no F).

Last edited:
Bundesliga 2 ending today. My family team growing Hamburg SV in 3rd but leading and Heidenheim in 2nd but tied right now. Would love Hamburg to get automatic promotion today. Win and a Heidenheim tie or loss does it. Last year played in the promotion / relegation game and lost.

Heidenheim scores twice in injury time while Hamburg fans prematurely celebrating promotion. Can't make this stuff up. Unreal. Hamburg now has to play the relegation / promotion game again. Wild stuff.

That’s a bit ridiculous. Supervisory Board is brutal lol.
Supposedly he did not take his firing well and they were worried he would make a "violent" scene in Koln lol. You think?

Great irony of this season: Union makes UCL, Hertha relegated. Hertha as much or more than Schalke in recent years the biggest joke in Bundesliga and finally pays for it. Good riddance.

Cancelo gone. Bayern won't trigger the buy clause. Probably good news for Davies...for now.

So, Bayern win their 11th league title in a row.

And in the process fired their manager, CEO, and sporting director. Wild times haha.

The Dortmund choke job is an all timer. A "take it to your f'n grave" blunder.

Been seeing A LOT of rumblings that Bayern are going after Declan Rice.

So, Bayern win their 11th league title in a row.

And in the process fired their manager, CEO, and sporting director. Wild times haha.

The Dortmund choke job is an all timer. A "take it to your f'n grave" blunder.
Seriously an all time choke for Dortmund. Bellingham out for last two games though. Dortmund won or tied a lot of 1 goal games. Lived on the edge and those wins papered up some cracks. Many of were last second Reyna goals lol. Last 3 games before Mainz, I think they won 6-0, 5-1, and 3-0. Terzic let Haller take the penalty too when Can is the penalty taker. No time to be sentimental when Bundesliga on the line. Anyways, kind of like the NBA version of the Celtics. Let's just fling 3 pointers and hope. That is Dortmund.

Bayern sacked CEO and Sporting Director but didn't go public until minutes after Bundesliga decided. Wild times and utter lunacy at the same time at Bayern. We had not seen that magic from Musiala (or anyone) at end of games in a long time that we saw Sunday. Bayern the opposite of Dortmund choking leads away at the end this year many times. Many on dumb penalties.

Been seeing A LOT of rumblings that Bayern are going after Declan Rice.
Yes but I don't think it will happen. Not too many English go to Germany. They develop there, but don't return once gone. Bayern do need a defensive mid though and Rice one of the best and a striker and potentially a left back now that Cancelo gone. Most likely unloads are Sabitzer to Man U, Mane to Astin Villa, Sommer to Man U (maybe), Hernandez to PSG, Sarr to anyone for a penny. Will be hard to sell anyone else with the bloated salaries. That would give them around $90 million to buy or so.

Last edited:
Yes but I don't think it will happen. Not too many English go to Germany. They develop there, but don't return once gone. Bayern do need a defensive mid though and Rice one of the best and a striker and potentially a left back now that Cancelo gone. Most likely unloads are Sabitzer to Man U, Mane to Astin Villa, Sommer to Man U (maybe), Hernandez to PSG, Sarr to anyone for a penny. Will be hard to sell anyone else with the bloated salaries. That would give them around $90 million to buy or so.
Yeah, I won't believe it until I see it. But, I'd rather see him go to Bayern than Man U or Chelsea (or any English team for that matter).