Champions League 2021/2022

So what are the rules if Frankfurt or West Ham win Europa and make UCL? Is that 5 teams from Bundesliga or EPL going to UCL or is 4th place team out and going to Europa next year?

So Rangers, Frankfurt, Leipzig, or West Ham going to UCL. Leipzig probably going already but the others...this their chance. Frankfurt did West Ham and Rangers a huge favor knocking out Barcelona today.
Fly Eagles Fly!

Amazing game today. Man City is going to rue those missed opportunities today though. Could have sealed the tie and could be in trouble now.

Amazing game today. Man City is going to rue those missed opportunities today though. Could have sealed the tie and could be in trouble now.
I’m still sour grapes about Bayern, but turned the game on around the 30th minute. Entertaining.

I’m still sour grapes about Bayern, but turned the game on around the 30th minute. Entertaining.
Villarreal tried same tactics with Liverpool but in the end Liverpool came through and imo tie is over. Liverpool got a bit of a break with no Moreno there.

Speaking of Bayern, boy do they miss Thiago. Midfield not the same without him.

So what are the rules if Frankfurt or West Ham win Europa and make UCL? Is that 5 teams from Bundesliga or EPL going to UCL or is 4th place team out and going to Europa next year?

Not sure about Bundesliga rules, but EPL can have up to 5 teams in the UCL. They recently changed the rules to allow for it.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that Premier League sides win each of the Euro tourneys. If that happened, the EPL could have 9 squads in european competition next season, the max possible. Here's the breakdown as I understand it:

- UCL: Top 4 plus West Ham
- Europa: 5th, 6th, plus Leicester
- Europa Conf League: 7th (in this case, Wolves would have to climb above West Ham, otherwise the league only gets 8 reps because I think they would get no reps in conf league if Wolves finish 8th)

Normally, top 4 go to UCL while 5th goes to Europa. Then the FA Cup Winner goes to Europa while the Carabao Cup Winner goes to Conf League. The Cup winners are once again qualified for UCL, so their spots go to 6th and 7th placed sides respectively.

If something completely wild happened and both the UCL winner and Europa winner were both outside the top 4 in the league table, then 4th would get bumped down to Europa the following season since a league can only have a max number of 5 reps in UCL.

Last edited:
Not sure about Bundesliga rules, but EPL can have up to 5 teams in the UCL. They recently changed the rules to allow for it.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that Premier League sides win each of the Euro tourneys. If that happened, the EPL could have 9 squads in european competition next season, the max possible. Here's the breakdown as I understand it:

- UCL: Top 4 plus West Ham
- Europa: 5th, 6th, plus Leicester
- Europa Conf League: 7th (in this case, Wolves would have to climb above West Ham, otherwise the league only gets 8 reps because I think they would get no reps in conf league if Wolves finish 8th)

Normally, top 4 go to UCL while 5th goes to Europa. Then the FA Cup Winner goes to Europa while the Carabao Cup Winner goes to Conf League. The Cup winners are once again qualified for UCL, so their spots go to 6th and 7th placed sides respectively.

If something completely wild happened and both the UCL winner and Europa winner were both outside the top 4 in the league table, then 4th would get bumped down to Europa the following season since a league can only have a max number of 5 reps in UCL.
Great analysis. Thanks. I am not sure about the Bundesliga how it works. Our Cup is the Pokal and the finals are Leipzig also here too and Freiburg. Freiburg 5th and Leipzig is 4th in Bundesliga right now. Top 4 go to UCL and 5 and 6 to Europa.

Wow! Liverpool shockingly bad in 1st half. Villarreal totally dominating this game. Unai > Klopp. At least for now.

Welp, Liverpool turned it around. Grats to Villareal for putting up a solid fight

Wow! Liverpool shockingly bad in 1st half. Villarreal totally dominating this game. Unai > Klopp. At least for now.
Well that changed quickly. Klopp putting Diaz in changed everything. Of course Rulli went full on brain fart in 2nd half also.

Welp, Liverpool turned it around. Grats to Villareal for putting up a solid fight
yup might have been different if Rulli didnt have the howler on Fabinho goal initially.

Looks like I’ll be rooting for whichever team plays Liverpool in the final. I don’t want Liverpool winning their 7th.

Looks like I’ll be rooting for whichever team plays Liverpool in the final. I don’t want Liverpool winning their 7th.
I am actually rooting for Liverpool over the two evil empires Manchester City (since they are owned by a company) and Real Madrid (still trying to do the Super League). Plus I love Klopp. Wish he would coach Bayern but it will never happen now.

Kyle Walker makes a big difference in Manchester City defense.

Pep wtf!!!!! Classic UCL Man City

Funky lineups for extra time now.

Man city one of the great choke jobs ever