Champions League 2023/2024

Newcastle robbed!! Period!
The VAR guy who did it has been suspended, kind of indicating UEFA knows it was a wrong decision, but doubt anything more will happen and NUFC is screwed.

The VAR guy who did it has been suspended, kind of indicating UEFA knows it was a wrong decision, but doubt anything more will happen and NUFC is screwed.
He was supposed to VAR Bayern vs Copenhagen today and got pulled. There was a similar handball in injury time that was reversed today.

In other news: Bayern 17 game winning streak snapped today in a Thomas Tuchel Chelsea Special.

Andre Onana lol. Man U replaced De Gea with this clown?

He was supposed to VAR Bayern vs Copenhagen today and got pulled. There was a similar handball in injury time that was reversed today.

In other news: Bayern 17 game winning streak snapped today in a Thomas Tuchel Chelsea Special.

ManU still has an outside chance of surviving the group. Win the final game vs Bayern (who will likely just be resting a lot of players since they've secured the top spot in the group) and hope for a draw in the other game.

ManU still has an outside chance of surviving the group. Win the final game vs Bayern (who will likely just be resting a lot of players since they've secured the top spot in the group) and hope for a draw in the other game.
The only issue with that is that a team gets $2.8 million for every group stage win. I heard that on Bavarian Football Works last that week they might rest players versus Copenhagen which they did and then ended up getting a tie.

If Bayern does beat Man U, then another number #1 seed other than Bayern gets Copenhagen or Galatasaray in the next round. Speaking of the next round, with Dortmund and Leipzig in, they are eliminated for Bayern for next round if either finishes second.

Also, Bayern has some ridiculous Group Stage streak going right now. Something like 35+ games in row without a loss. 17 game winning streak just ended. Now you know how they fund their roster somewhat.

Man U has scored 3 goals and lost them all in Group Stage this year. Their defense and goaltending awful.

The only issue with that is that a team gets $2.8 million for every group stage win. I heard that on Bavarian Football Works last that week they might rest players versus Copenhagen which they did and then ended up getting a tie.

If Bayern does beat Man U, then another number #1 seed other than Bayern gets Copenhagen or Galatasaray in the next round. Speaking of the next round, with Dortmund and Leipzig in, they are eliminated for Bayern for next round if either finishes second.

Also, Bayern has some ridiculous Group Stage streak going right now. Something like 35+ games in row without a loss. 17 game winning streak just ended. Now you know how they fund their roster somewhat.

Man U has scored 3 goals and lost them all in Group Stage this year. Their defense and goaltending awful.
If Onana and ManU's defense plays like it did against Galatasaray, I could see Kane with a hat trick....let's hope.

Also, I saw something the other day about how since both Bayern and Arsenal finished 1st in their groups, they can't be drawn against each other, which I'm sure Arsenal are happy about since they seemed to always get Bayern in the Round of 16.

If Onana and ManU's defense plays like it did against Galatasaray, I could see Kane with a hat trick....let's hope.

Also, I saw something the other day about how since both Bayern and Arsenal finished 1st in their groups, they can't be drawn against each other, which I'm sure Arsenal are happy about since they seemed to always get Bayern in the Round of 16.
Yes win group can't play other group winners. Also can't play teams in your league. So Bayern can't play Man City or Arsenal or Real Madrid and a few others I think already. That hurt Bayern when PSG and Liverpool finished second. PSG could finish second or be out if they lose at Dortmund next week. Not a lot of upsets in Group stage this year. No softy like Benfica or Porto or Club Brugge type winning a group.

Bayern vs Man U made Downton Abby look like James Bond film. Boring was an understatement. Of course Bayern will probably get Inter Milan in the knockouts since they finished second behind Real Sociedad. Thanks to poorer performances by the EPL Germany has the best shot at getting a 5th team in the UCL next season. Number 1 chance right now. Of course EPL still has the second chance of a 5th team.

Bayern vs Man U made Downton Abby look like James Bond film. Boring was an understatement. Of course Bayern will probably get Inter Milan in the knockouts since they finished second behind Real Sociedad. Thanks to poorer performances by the EPL Germany has the best shot at getting a 5th team in the UCL next season. Number 1 chance right now. Of course EPL still has the second chance of a 5th team.

Newcastle and Man U both crashing out hurt the EPL's chances at that 5th spot, but they still have City and Arsenal, who have to be among the favorites to win the tournament. Basically, the EPL needs to outperform Italy to get the 5th team in for next season.

Additionally, Liverpool has to be the favorite to win Europa League while Aston Villa is among the favorites to win Europa Conference. Those tournaments factor in, just at a lesser scale.

Newcastle and Man U both crashing out hurt the EPL's chances at that 5th spot, but they still have City and Arsenal, who have to be among the favorites to win the tournament. Basically, the EPL needs to outperform Italy to get the 5th team in for next season.

Additionally, Liverpool has to be the favorite to win Europa League while Aston Villa is among the favorites to win Europa Conference. Those tournaments factor in, just at a lesser scale.
True. But Bayer Leverkusen will be a tough out in Europa. Still only undefeated team in Europe in all competitions. Xavi has them playing high octane football.

True. But Bayer Leverkusen will be a tough out in Europa. Still only undefeated team in Europe in all competitions. Xavi has them playing high octane football.

Yeah, i think the way the breakdown goes is as long as EPL outperforms Serie A, they get the 5th slot for next year. That's just what I heard someone on a podcast say so it might be bad intel.

Manchester City always gets the cupcake in Round of 16 draw. This year Copenhagen. Bayern gets Lazio. Not complaining. At least they dodged Inter and PSG for now.

Doesn't appear to be any really juicy matchups. I feel bad for Napoli. Tough draw with Barcelona.

Inter-Atletico probably very even and also likely to be 1-0 every game.

Doesn't appear to be any really juicy matchups. I feel bad for Napoli. Tough draw with Barcelona.

Inter-Atletico probably very even and also likely to be 1-0 every game.
Barcelona worse this year than last but made the knockout. Both Napoli and them underachieving. Napoli miss Kim who is becoming a rock for Bayern. Barcelona looking pretty far up to Girona in La liga. What a story Girona is.

Barcelona worse this year than last but made the knockout. Both Napoli and them underachieving. Napoli miss Kim who is becoming a rock for Bayern. Barcelona looking pretty far up to Girona in La liga. What a story Girona is.
Napoli miss their former coach more than Kim. Spalletti had them playing great. His replacement took them in a completely different direction, which was really stupid.

Napoli miss their former coach more than Kim. Spalletti had them playing great. His replacement took them in a completely different direction, which was really stupid.
Napoli realizes that too...already sacked the replacement. Napoli defense poor this year and they mentioned Kim on Sirius yesterday as one of the reasons. I think he was defensive player of the year in Serie A.

NASA needs to go deeper and further into this

At first I was glad for them being a small club etc, then I found out they are just another club bought by the City group. So screw them.

At first I was glad for them being a small club etc, then I found out they are just another club bought by the City group. So screw them.
So far they haven’t invested the money in players, but the City Group scouting resources probably have helped. Girona and Bayer Leverkusen biggest overachievers. I was seeing Leverkusen will lose a lot of talent for Africa Cup, Bayern only 3 players and only 1 is a big loss. Bayern 4 points back with game in hand.

And we are back. "The Real Housewives of Munich” versus Lazio tomorrow.