EPL 2023/2024

Always a tough one, both teams always seem to play their hardest against each other.

IMO West Ham v Spurs is a better rivalry than Spurs v Arsenal.

From the West Ham perspective, certainly. The NLD is just on a different level for Spurs and Arsenal.

Spurs-Chelsea has developed into a real hate fest as well between the clubs.

From the West Ham perspective, certainly. The NLD is just on a different level for Spurs and Arsenal.

I've actually been to it, at the Emirates when I lived there. In the NLD I think the hate/rivalry is stronger on the Spurs side. Even though I don't like Spurs, I give their supporters credit, they are loud, rowdy, raucous, can be nasty etc, Arsenal supporters not so much. Spurs supporters are fun to have a go at because they can give as good as they get so the banter is great. Arsenal supporters, well ..........

WHU's biggest. most hated rival is Millwall, and that gets really nasty, but they rarely play anymore with them being in different divisions, so haven't met since 2012. So Hammers supporters have tended to focus more on Spurs. I've been to WH/Spurs both at Boleyn Ground and the old White Hart Lane and both times were great from an atmosphere perspective.

I think as far as atmosphere, WH/Spurs is fantastic regardless of where they play, Spurs/Arsenal is only a really good atmosphere when they've played at White Hart Lane (old and new).

Speaking of stadiums. I know why both needed new stadiums, call me old fashioned, but the the atmosphere's were better at Boleyn Ground and the old White Hart Lane, than both new stadiums, though both new ones are nice. At least there is a tube stop near WHL now, it used to suck to have to walk from Seven Sisters down to the ground.

Every team in London hates Chelsea :)

Speaking of stadiums. I know why both needed new stadiums, call me old fashioned, but the the atmosphere's were better at Boleyn Ground and the old White Hart Lane, than both new stadiums, though both new ones are nice. At least there is a tube stop near WHL now, it used to suck to have to walk from Seven Sisters down to the ground.

You're not wrong. One of the downsides (maybe the only real downside) to Spurs having this incredible stadium is that the atmosphere just isn't the same.

Part of it is because ticket prices are now much more expensive...I think the most expensive in the league. That has pushed some regulars out.

Another part is that it has become a tourist attraction. There are a lot of visitors at any given game, and not even talking away fans. Even if all the new one-time visitors are Spurs fans (and i think at least a portion of them are neutral), they aren't as die hard as the crowd that used to pack the smaller WHL. So game days end up being much less raucous and even though the physical stature of the new stadium is much larger, its actually not as intimidating a ground to go to for opponents.

We will see. Maybe in time that changes for both clubs.

Lol Man U. That Chelsea Man U finish crazy. Two Chelsea goals after +8 to win lol even after +8 had passed.

Lol Man U. That Chelsea Man U finish crazy. Two Chelsea goals after +8 to win lol even after +8 had passed.

I just checked the scoreline and was gonna post something similar. Last i checked, Man U was up 3-2 heading in to extra time.

Gonna have to find the extended replays later on and have a good laugh...though I hate that Chelsea benefitted.

I just checked the scoreline and was gonna post something similar. Last i checked, Man U was up 3-2 heading in to extra time.

Gonna have to find the extended replays later on and have a good laugh...though I hate that Chelsea benefitted.
Latest ever a team leading in EPL loses. Man U led at 99 minutes and 17 seconds in a game with 8 minutes of injury time. Lol. Man U the most undisciplined team in the EPL followed by Chelsea. But Man U the worst by far. Lucky I worked from home today to get to see it.

Spurs get thrashed by injury ridden Newcastle??? Damn

Absolute disaster today for the home teams
Arsenal I expected. It is bottling point of the season for them. I am not confident with them at Bayern this week, but Bayern has no wingers with the Coman/Gnabry injuries.

Liverpool, I am shocked. Getting routed by Atalanta at Anfield, and then Crystal Palace loss. Defense brutal versus Atalanta, but Darwin Nunez bottling sitter after sitter doesn't help. Others like Salah and Diaz having accuracy issues too.

Arsenal I expected. It is bottling point of the season for them. I am not confident with them at Bayern this week, but Bayern has no wingers with the Coman/Gnabry injuries.

Liverpool, I am shocked. Getting routed by Atalanta at Anfield, and then Crystal Palace loss. Defense brutal versus Atalanta, but Darwin Nunez bottling sitter after sitter doesn't help. Others like Salah and Diaz having accuracy issues too.
I was baffled by LFC this week. If Jota is fully healthy he needs to start up front alongside Diaz and Salah. Let Darwin come off the bench for now. Van dijk is getting old and konante at times looks like a liability. Sobo like Jota if healthy needs to start again. (I’m guessing they are just easing him in as he is easily LFCs best midfielder). Cody Gakpo needs to be a midfielder only now.

Pissed it away but can’t say I’m shocked.

I was also very shocked by LFC's performance this past week. Maybe Klopp is getting out at a good time. There seems to be some rebuilding that needs doing on the back end of things.

Unsurprising to most probably, Spurs continued their jekyll and hyde theme. On one game, way off it the next. They've achieved way more than basically anyone expected this year with a new system and w/o Kane, but clearly they aren't the finished product yet. Should still have European football next season even if it ends up being Europa and not Champion's League.

I was baffled by LFC this week. If Jota is fully healthy he needs to start up front alongside Diaz and Salah. Let Darwin come off the bench for now. Van dijk is getting old and konante at times looks like a liability. Sobo like Jota if healthy needs to start again. (I’m guessing they are just easing him in as he is easily LFCs best midfielder). Cody Gakpo needs to be a midfielder only now.

Pissed it away but can’t say I’m shocked.
Nunez is doing his Kingsley Coman / Leroy Sane impersonation. He has one of the worst xgs per actual goals in European Football.

Last edited:
I was also very shocked by LFC's performance this past week. Maybe Klopp is getting out at a good time. There seems to be some rebuilding that needs doing on the back end of things.

Unsurprising to most probably, Spurs continued their jekyll and hyde theme. On one game, way off it the next. They've achieved way more than basically anyone expected this year with a new system and w/o Kane, but clearly they aren't the finished product yet. Should still have European football next season even if it ends up being Europa and not Champion's League.
Spurs going to UCL since England probably getting a 5th team. Italy for sure getting a 5th team. Battle between Germany and England for now. But if Liverpool, Arsenal, West Ham bottle Europe and Leverkusen, Bayern, Dortmund move one (all in decent shape), then it is down to Spurs or Villa for the last spot.

Phil Foden and Cole Palmer are perfect examples of staying with Man City and learning from Pep and veterans like De Bruyne, Gundogan, Rodri etc from the bench. Palmer on fire. Not even a striker and he is tied with Haaland for EPL goal scoring leader.

They are getting old on the back line. And a few don’t finish shit up front (mainly Nunez but Diaz hasn’t been lighting the world on fire ether.) Klopp is getting out at the right time and given the reaction of the Sporting CP coach it feels like it’s De Zerbe or bust at this point for next year.

They are getting old on the back line. And a few don’t finish shit up front (mainly Nunez but Diaz hasn’t been lighting the world on fire ether.) Klopp is getting out at the right time and given the reaction of the Sporting CP coach it feels like it’s De Zerbe or bust at this point for next year.
I thought Sporting CP coach taking the job. I remember Konate and Upamecano were the rage center backs at Leipzig. Upamecano an absolute disaster at Bayern in the biggest games. Now benched. Bayern looking to sell him, I do hope he starts for France this summer though lol.