EPL 2023/2024

Spurs going to UCL since England probably getting a 5th team. Italy for sure getting a 5th team. Battle between Germany and England for now. But if Liverpool, Arsenal, West Ham bottle Europe and Leverkusen, Bayern, Dortmund move one (all in decent shape), then it is down to Spurs or Villa for the last spot.

Liverpool got smoked vs Atalanta in the first leg of Europa. That will hurt EPL's chances a lot since it looks like Leverkusen will dispatch West Ham as well. Comes down to Bayern vs Arsenal. Winner of that gives their country the best chance of locking up that 5th spot.

Villa still has a good chance of winning Conf League, so that could provide some much needed points, but with Europa looking so bad, EPL needs City and Arsenal to both win.

Liverpool got smoked vs Atalanta in the first leg of Europa. That will hurt EPL's chances a lot since it looks like Leverkusen will dispatch West Ham as well. Comes down to Bayern vs Arsenal. Winner of that gives their country the best chance of locking up that 5th spot.

Villa still has a good chance of winning Conf League, so that could provide some much needed points, but with Europa looking so bad, EPL needs City and Arsenal to both win.
Dortmund did the Bundesliga a favor and themselves today. Fun game. I love Fullkrug. Looks out of shape, missing tooth, like a bum off the streets or a pirate. But turned himself into a fairly decent striker after turning 30.

Poor Pep...reminds my of the cartoon character Baby Huey. That's how you react when a Sovereign Wealth Fund provides you with all the riches you can want.....and then lose in UCL.

We have another Baby Huey. You know things come in 3’s. It is your job Erik to coach these players into first teamers especially the young ones. Funny how this not a problem for Klopp or Pep. Of course for Pep when you have 1st team squad on the bench what is an injury.

Speaking of Ten Hag...Man U blew a 3-0 lead to Coventry in last 19 minutes. Extra time. Oh boy.

Coventry scores at the death in ET to win...but offsides......by a fingernail. Penalties. What a game!!!

Announcer just called Ten Haag an embarrassment lol. So true!!

Man U survive. I'd still fire Ten Hag. Garbage and completely outcoached in 2nd half and ET.

Coventry scores at the death in ET to win...but offsides......by a fingernail. Penalties. What a game!!!

Great game.

Hard luck Coventry didn't get the win though.

Great game.

Hard luck Coventry didn't get the win though.
Think this happened to Coventry last season in promotion playoff. Didn’t realize USA striker Haji Wright plays for Coventry. Nearly scored late and he was the one offside. Damn VAR should have allowed the goal because if anyone deserved to lose it was Ten Hag and Man U. Today justifies Ten Hag should not and will not coach Man U next season.

You heard it here first: Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, AND MANCHESTER UNITED need a coach. Thomas fucking Tuchel gets the MANCHESTER UNITED job . Nobody takes this job except sloppy seconds….and I mean slopppppy if you chose Tuchel. Him and his deformed ear.

I think Coventry might have not been offside. It's body parts, right, not just feet? Because a MUN player had an extended arm to my eye and the feet were already really close.

I think Coventry might have not been offside. It's body parts, right, not just feet? Because a MUN player had an extended arm to my eye and the feet were already really close.
This is why I have been watching the EPL and English football in general less and less. It's shocking how they use VAR.

Offiide should be like before, if there's daylight, not if a dude forgot to get a manicure.

Also convenient how VAR tends to benefit the "big" teams more than anyone else.

This is why I have been watching the EPL and English football in general less and less. It's shocking how they use VAR.

Offiide should be like before, if there's daylight, not if a dude forgot to get a manicure.

Also convenient how VAR tends to benefit the "big" teams more than anyone else.
How about La Liga? No goal line technology. Cost Barcelona a goal yesterday, maybe in El Classico

How about La Liga? No goal line technology. Cost Barcelona a goal yesterday, maybe in El Classico
Yeah, I was surprised by that, for some reason I thought they had instituted it.

The way they do the lines, its a body part that can legally play the ball. So arm doesn't count, but shoulder, chest, and anything below the waist does. The most frustrating is when they take 10 min to decide if someone is a millimeter offsides or not.

Let’s see: Bayern, Liverpool, Barcelona need a coach. Manchester United do too but management has blinders on. Chelsea oh boy. 5-0 loss to Arsenal. An Arsenal team that can’t beat a crappy Bayern Munich. Pochitino you are heading into Thomas Tuchel territory

Liverpool slide continues. They're playing themselves right out of a bid for the title. 2 losses and a draw in their last 4 against opponents they should definitely be beating. Not to mention crashing out of Europe.

Liverpool slide continues. They're playing themselves right out of a bid for the title. 2 losses and a draw in their last 4 against opponents they should definitely be beating. Not to mention crashing out of Europe.
Can't score anymore. Man City needs to lose two for any hope or tie a couple. I know Haaland injured for City tomorrow but their schedule pretty light going forwards. Spurs their toughest team I think. Klopp getting out at good time I guess.

Can't score anymore. Man City needs to lose two for any hope or tie a couple. I know Haaland injured for City tomorrow but their schedule pretty light going forwards. Spurs their toughest team I think. Klopp getting out at good time I guess.

Counting on City (or even arsenal at this point, ugh) to drop points is not a good bet to make.

City's remaining schedule is pretty light too. I think title hopes are all but over for LFC, but i suppose anything can happen.

Seems like it started to go downhill once they let Mane go. I love Mo but it was never as good as when those two were together.