Washington Huskies First Thread Goes to UW

After the showing against Oregon State, I honestly was expecting there could be a possibility we lose that game. Based on the play calling, I was given the impression that the reason for all the run calls was that they had no confidence in the pass game - not just because run defense was an OSU weakness.

That being said, (I will probably regret saying this) but I've been impressed with the offensive game plan so far. Arizona was clearly playing the run hard and had the assumption I had that this will be a completely run heavy team, but I was pleasantly surprised with the balance we showed and although I normally hate the HB by committee approach, it seems to be quite effective.

It has been only two games against relatively weak opponents, but I really like what I saw from Dylan Morris against Arizona. He went 15/25 passing, but it seemed like the 10 incompletions were mostly the product of either drops or deep pass attempts that were overthrown. I could be overly optimistic, but I feel like the drops won't continue given the talent we have at WR and the overthrows on deep balls won't be as much of an issue once Morris develops a better feel for his WRs. If the first team reps were really split up as much as the coaches have told us, Morris likely hasn't had that much time to develop a connection with his WRs.
We have no idea what Morris will be like under pressure from a real passrush, but so far it's hard not to like his development.

UW opens as 5.5 point favorites for Saturday nights game against Utah.

Um hello is this thing on?
Danny Devito No GIF

Are we really less than two weeks away from actual football again?

Yep and all the tweets and write ups is that the offense could very well be the best its been in 20 years!
I’m excited to see Morris. He had flashes of “oh shit, he might be really good” last year.

Petersen doing half time commentary on FS1…

On Sark at Texas: “he did an amazing job building the Washington program back up… I would not have gone there if he didn’t…”

:lol:

It's not even worth making a game thread for an FCS level team and the game is on Pac12N lol. That and only 3 or 4 UW fans made it over here?

Why was UW without 3 of their starting WR's for GAME 1? lol. And then lost another. Griz just stuffed the box and dared them to pass and they couldn't.

Some brittle bitches to be missing game f'n 1.

It's not even worth making a game thread for an FCS level team and the game is on Pac12N lol. That and only 3 or 4 UW fans made it over here?

well if that offense doesn’t get going a missed thread could keep the meltdowns to a minimal

well if that offense doesn’t get going a missed thread could keep the meltdowns to a minimal
I knew they had questions on the receiving corp, just didn't know "showing up to play game 1" was one of them. How did they lose 3 before they played a game?

I knew they had questions on the receiving corp, just didn't know "showing up to play game 1" was one of them. How did they lose 3 before they played a game?
They hide injury reports better then some of the NFL teams

Real potential to lose this one boys.

Lake should be fired tonight!

I don't care how many receivers they were down. You can't lose a game like this. I wasn't sold on Morris last year and there is no way he can remain after this. He made way too many bad decisions and bad throws in a game that should have been a gimmie.

I don't care how many receivers they were down. You can't lose a game like this. I wasn't sold on Morris last year and there is no way he can remain after this. He made way too many bad decisions and bad throws in a game that should have been a gimmie.
Huard should have been in the 3rd quarter.