Do you like working from home?

• Yes

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
Yes she is one of them that throws a fit about going out of the house.

Look America! Grow a pair, go to fucking work!
Just because you need to be told what to do by someone else doesn't mean that your betters haven't figured it out.

Even your wife has figured it out, Chickie.
Edge Wwe Meme GIF

It’s not possible for me to do my job from home, and I’m not sure I’d like it. I get stir crazy and I like to bullshit

I was deemed essential, so I still came in every day in 2020

I get more done at the office. More done on the Hoop that is.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Just because you need to be told what to do by someone else doesn't mean that your betters haven't figured it out.
you will all regret this someday! When these snot nosed simps are in charge of taking care of your diapers!

you will all regret this someday! When these snot nosed simps are in charge of taking care of your diapers!
I will have a problem when people who report to a workplace on a daily basis report to a workplace on a daily basis to assist me?

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

I was working remote years before covid made working remote cool. It’s the life.

I was able to if required before COVID.

Now it's 100% at home. Loving it.

In fact it's the only reason I'm still working. I'm 67 but will do 2 more years of this no sweat.

I read till 9:30, go for my swim and then think about maybe doing some work when I return.

I always had a space for WFH. Was next to impossible to get it approved at my last company, current company was much more flexible. Part of the impetus of finishing the basement was that I was losing my WFH space when we had a second kid. Initial plan was to not even wall off an office, since I worked from home maybe 2x a month prior to the office closing.

I get it for people in small places. Don't think I could just carve out a space in a studio/one bedroom and make it "work". I made a conscious decision to make my workspace as close to "office" as possible, so I would hate undocking and working elsewhere in the house. Helps keep me from poking around on the laptop at 10PM.
I only undock my computer at end of the day because my first ~hour I work upstairs while having breakfast, etc.

Also why my posting on morning thread is typically more early in the AM and dies off as day. I get caught up on busy work and move onto actual work mid morning

and days I don't have actual work, I post here all hours of day

Weirdly, I feel less trapped in the office because I'm bouncing around all over the place to different buildings for meetings and such. And have much better lunch options.

I just head to the freezer and pull out one of our frozen soups, cut some cheese and have it on a bun with the soup. I never go out for lunch and never did when I was working either.

my commute to the office is normally just 15 minutes, so not that big a deal. I would listen to a podcast or audiobook and be fine.

I used to have to highball for 50 miles and had to be there for 6:30 AM. It sucks balls in winter even with my AWD German.

I do lose out on ~$13K in mileage $$ they paid me but it's offset by not needing new tires and brakes and of course filling up 2.5 times week.

I always had a space for WFH. Was next to impossible to get it approved at my last company, current company was much more flexible. Part of the impetus of finishing the basement was that I was losing my WFH space when we had a second kid. Initial plan was to not even wall off an office, since I worked from home maybe 2x a month prior to the office closing.

I get it for people in small places. Don't think I could just carve out a space in a studio/one bedroom and make it "work". I made a conscious decision to make my workspace as close to "office" as possible, so I would hate undocking and working elsewhere in the house. Helps keep me from poking around on the laptop at 10PM.
Yeah, I don't have a dining area anymore. It was either that or squish it into my bedroom. I need to get a bigger place but I'm too cheap :laugh:

Stay cheap, Pony
I also die inside a little bit at the mere thought of moving. I have so much crap in this little space. They're going to be redoing the deck sometime this year and i am freaking out over having to move furniture around. :gaah:

I just head to the freezer and pull out one of our frozen soups, cut some cheese and have it on a bun with the soup. I never go out for lunch and never did when I was working either.
You’re one of those “bring your lunch” weirdos, aren’t you? Lol

As someone who lives in an area without a ton of great public transit options, working from home effectively puts more money in my pocket without getting a raise by cutting out the commute. Also is nice for my peace of mind and productivity, imo. Totally baffled by workers who are against it. Management? Ok, I can get that. Lil ole me? What is the real downside?