Do you like working from home?

• Yes

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
As someone who lives in an area without a ton of great public transit options, working from home effectively puts more money in my pocket without getting a raise by cutting out the commute. Also is nice for my peace of mind and productivity, imo. Totally baffled by workers who are against it. Management? Ok, I can get that. Lil ole me? What is the real downside?

The money savings are substantial. I would miss the downtown happy hours, though.

Stir crazy and not having ever actually met my coworkers in person are definitely thing, but the pluses so far outweigh the negatives.

More sleep, no commute, get home shit done during the day and therefore having more free time after work, no commute, more general freedom, and oh yeah no commute.

You’re one of those “bring your lunch” weirdos, aren’t you? Lol

I already used to take off for 1.5 hours to go to the pool for my swim.

And I'm not one of those gotta go out for lunch weirdos.

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

It's 2022 and we're still doing polls that don't allow multiple choices. It's clear disrespect of potato salad and we won't stand for it!!!

Sounds like you plan weird frozen soup?

No plan, auto pilot.

Delicious variety of home made soups.

Clam chowder (2 kinds), pea with ham, lentil, squash/pumpkin, good old chicken noodle, borscht, beef and barely/mushroom, shipwreck (anything that was in the freezer on soup making day), cream of green (broc, zuc, anything else green), home made mushroom.

My cup runneth over.

Stir crazy and not having ever actually met my coworkers in person are definitely thing, but the pluses so far outweigh the negatives.

More sleep, no commute, get home shit done during the day and therefore having more free time after work, no commute, more general freedom, and oh yeah no commute.

I like getting the lawn cut, Germans washed, etc on Friday afternoon. The weekend is my oyster at that point.

Also tbh I feel like I get way more done when I get to have things to at more my own schedule

I like getting the lawn cut, Germans washed, etc on Friday afternoon. The weekend is my oyster at that point.
Yeah, like one of the definite unintentional consequences has been more free time not at work. You can cook earlier, clean, run errands, etc.

No plan, auto pilot.

Delicious variety of home made soups.

Clam chowder (2 kinds), pea with ham, lentil, squash/pumpkin, good old chicken noodle, borscht, beef and barely/mushroom, shipwreck (anything that was in the freezer on soup making day), cream of green (broc, zuc, anything else green), home made mushroom.

My cup runneth over.
I’m pretty sure planning out home made soups means you’re a serial killer.

Also tbh I feel like I get way more done when I get to have things to at more my own schedule

I never had that much to do anyway and at home I don't have to fake looking busy. I can just keep my work phone handy to check for any requests that could arise.

In 2020 I painted my entire house, while working...

I’m pretty sure planning out home made soups means you’re a serial killer.

But I don't plan them. The missus makes them, I simply window shop each day for a likely looking lunch.

Easy peasy. No waiting either.

Due to family member’s health issues I was already working from home 3/5 days a week before Covid. We are for the most part back in the office and. Try to get in twice a week still but we remain flexible.

I think that once in a while from home is fine but you need to build an office culture and you can’t do that via zoom.

Due to family member’s health issues I was already working from home 3/5 days a week before Covid. We are for the most part back in the office and. Try to get in twice a week still but we remain flexible.

I think that once in a while from home is fine but you need to build an office culture and you can’t do that via zoom.

We have an office on Vancouver Island.

Our operations are in the BC interior.

In our Island office we have 3 people including myself.

There is no office culture or need for one.

And now, it's time for lunch.

Today it's going to be chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sammige.

We have an office on Vancouver Island.

Our operations are in the BC interior.

In our Island office we have 3 people including myself.

There is no office culture or need for one.
I always knew you were uncultured