TV Series Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon

Variety has some more casting news. Summary of the cast so far:

- Paddy Considine as Viserys I Targaryen (not to be confused with Daenerys's brother Viserys from the first season of the original GoT series, who would more precisely be Viserys III)
- Olivia Cooke as Alicent Hightower
- Emma D'Arcy as Rhaenyra Targaryen
- Matt Smith as Daemon Targaryen

- Paddy Considine as Viserys I Targaryen (not to be confused with Daenerys's brother Viserys from the first season of the original GoT series, who would more precisely be Viserys III)
Matt Smith? Doctor Who?

New logo, unlit:

9i8bgq5y3u561.jpg

New logo, lit on fire:

rpdgbzgy3u561.jpg

More casting news from Variety:

- Steve Toussaint as Corlys Velaryon, the Sea Snake
- Rhys Ifans as Otto Hightower, Hand of the King
- Eve Best as Rhaenys Targaryen, the Queen Who Never Was
- Sonoya Mizuno as Mysaria, Lady Misery, the White Worm

Doesn't the House of Dragons book take place over 300 years? Does that mean we are likely headed towards time jumps and new cast season to season?

Doesn't the House of Dragons book take place over 300 years? Does that mean we are likely headed towards time jumps and new cast season to season?

No: The book Fire & Blood and its upcoming sequel together do take place over 300 years. However, the TV series House of the Dragon is ONLY covering the Dance of the Dragons civil war and the immediate events leading up to it, which is together only a few years.

No: The book Fire & Blood and its upcoming sequel together do take place over 300 years. However, the TV series House of the Dragon is ONLY covering the Dance of the Dragons civil war and the immediate events leading up to it, which is together only a few years.
I read that they are also developing a series based on Robert's Rebellion. I hope they start it around the time Jaime was Knighted. I'd be down to see some Arthur Dayne vs The Smiling Knight Action...

I could swear there was a point where the url for this was simply just "isthewindsofwinteroutyet.com."

Nevertheless, now that I found it again, it's even funnier now than it was then, at least to me.

I could swear there was a point where the url for this was simply just "isthewindsofwinteroutyet.com."

Nevertheless, now that I found it again, it's even funnier now than it was then, at least to me.

Omergawd the full geek version of Cali will be loosened upon the world.

Omergawd the full geek version of Cali will be loosened upon the world.

You mean when The Winds of Winter is finally released?
At this point, while, sure, I'll read it, at least eventually, I don't care much anymore.
Even when I cared more, I thought a couple of the sample chapters I read sucked, like, really badly, so ...

At this point, while, sure, I'll read it, at least eventually, I don't care much anymore.
Even when I cared more, I thought a couple of the sample chapters I read sucked, like, really badly, so ...
Just fondly remembering your fandom for the show...

I found an used copy of Game of Thrones. It is nestled in my "to read" stack.

Just fondly remembering your fandom for the show...

Yeah, that thread was pretty fun, and I definitely enjoyed the show.

I found an used copy of Game of Thrones. It is nestled in my "to read" stack.

If you like the first, the second and third are good, as well.
I'm not as much of a fan of the 4th and 5th.

Yeah, that thread was pretty fun, and I definitely enjoyed the show.

If you like the first, the second and third are good, as well.
I'm not as much of a fan of the 4th and 5th.

Working my way through the audio books over the last 2-3 years now. 3rd book is easily the best and 4th book easily the worst. Only parts of the 4th book that were any worthwhile were the Cersi and Jamie chapters. 5th book I am enjoying quite a bit and about halfway through. The Young Griff stuff really adds a lot to it as does having more interesting characters to hop back too.

More casting news from Variety:

- Steve Toussaint as Corlys Velaryon, the Sea Snake
- Rhys Ifans as Otto Hightower, Hand of the King
- Eve Best as Rhaenys Targaryen, the Queen Who Never Was
- Sonoya Mizuno as Mysaria, Lady Misery, the White Worm

Another casting:

- Fabien Frankel as Criston Cole, the Kingmaker

First promo photos released!

First, Rhaenyra Targaryen (Emma D'Arcy) and Daemon Targaryen (Matt Smith):

hl13lqhxjbx61.jpg

Second, Corlys Velaryon (Steve Toussaint):

tqp44rhxjbx61.jpg