Poll HooplaNation's All-Time Greatest CFB Coach Tourney - 3 Osborne vs 6 Switzer

Who do you think has/had a better CFB coaching career?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So you think that Osbornes 5-12 record vs Switzer makes him better than Switzer?.
No. I think the entire body of work does. Looking only at H2H is pretty dumb unless you're gonna try and claim Kirby Smart is a better coach than Lincoln Riley(it would be wrong, but if an Oklahoma said that, I would be impressed that an Oklahoma fan took a non homer stance for the first time ever)

The head to head is pretty cut and dry on this one. Osborne didn't start winning until Switzer left.

No. I think the entire body of work does. Looking only at H2H is pretty dumb unless you're gonna try and claim Kirby Smart is a better coach than Lincoln Riley(it would be wrong, but if an Oklahoma said that, I would be impressed that an Oklahoma fan took a non homer stance for the first time ever)
Lol Nick Saban could be the coach at Oklahoma and you would still rank any high school coach ahead of him.

Lol Nick Saban could be the coach at Oklahoma and you would still rank any high school coach ahead of him.
"You just said Lincoln Riley>Kirby Smart, but you rank all Oklahoma coaches behind every other coach."

Good logic there.

"You just said Lincoln Riley>Kirby Smart, but you rank all Oklahoma coaches behind every other coach."

Good logic there.
I did? Show me where I said that you dumb hillbilly.

I did? Show me where I said that you dumb hillbilly.
"Lol Nick Saban could be the coach at Oklahoma and you would still rank any high school coach ahead of him."

What else could you have meant by that?

Please let the grown ups talk.

This reminds me of the 1997 National Championship debate.

The entire college football world knows Osborne is better and it’s only Oklahoma fans who think Switzer is better.

Except for @iowajerms , but he’s an Iowa fan so it doesn’t count.

This reminds me of the 1997 National Championship debate.

The entire college football world knows Osborne is better and it’s only Oklahoma fans who think Switzer is better.

Except for @iowajerms , but he’s an Iowa fan so it doesn’t count.
Still trying to figure out how getting owned for many years makes you better? :headscratch:

Still trying to figure out how getting owned for many years makes you better? :headscratch:

We’re cuter

Puppy Wave Hi GIF by MOODMAN

Osborne has more conference titles, more wins, better winning percentage, both have 3 titles but all of Nebraska's were undefeated, never lost more than 3 and never won less than 9, and he is also the head coach of the greatest team college football has ever seen.

Plus Osborne is also known as being an incredibly nice and generous guy, whereas Switzer was an ass. Osborne went out on his own terms, Switzer had to resign after several scandals put OU on probation.

The head to head is pretty cut and dry on this one. Osborne didn't start winning until Switzer left.
You mean Switzer left cuz he was scared of Osborne and realized his time was up.

I mean a lot has been said about Osborne, but the only thing OU fans can cling to is that H2H record.

#WhenAllYaGotIsntEnough

Osborne has more conference titles, more wins, better winning percentage, both have 3 titles but all of Nebraska's were undefeated, never lost more than 3 and never won less than 9, and he is also the head coach of the greatest team college football has ever seen.

Plus Osborne is also known as being an incredibly nice and generous guy, whereas Switzer was an ass. Osborne went out on his own terms, Switzer had to resign after several scandals put OU on probation.

Changed my pick with this post.

I bet he lets the good Dr Tom rub it.

1615121980895.png

Whelp.....looks like Tom's gonna swamp Barry Switzer in this one. Probably has as much to do with hating OU as anything else because if that isn't the reason then I don't want to ever read another !@#$%^& post on here about how one team is better than another team because they beat them heads up. Winning games against other teams apparently isn't as important as the losing team's "entire body of work". :laugh3: