Last movie you watched and rating (1-10)

You may want to check out band of brothers which is a one season series on netflix. It's a real life accounting of what some guys went through in WWII that were assigned to the 101st airborne and covers the same ground and time period as Saving Private Ryan. It's not near as bloody but still very well done.
IMHO, BoB is the greatest “show” ever if you put TV, movies, streamers, anything in the pool. Nothing compares to BoB.

You may want to check out band of brothers which is a one season series on netflix. It's a real life accounting of what some guys went through in WWII that were assigned to the 101st airborne and covers the same ground and time period as Saving Private Ryan. It's not near as bloody but still very well done.
Band of Brothers is the best. But it is a mini series not a movie. But by far the standard as far as I am concerned.

Hypnotic
Peacock
Affleck walks through this lifeless film where the conceit is a cheap parlor trick ubiquitously used to explain everything. Oh, but don’t worry, the characters will also just speak and explain it all to you anyway.

Dune
Netflix

Was interesting to watch but not all that special. Obviously the ending was disappointing. If I live long enough, I'll watch it again as part of a double feature when Dune 2 is available .

Note: I generally hate obvious attempts to franchise movies or books. Dune was an exception in literature, so perhaps, the movie will redeem itself.

Fast X
Peacock
A fun and exciting action flick directly in line with the franchise. Less cheesy than the last two. Big stakes and big set pieces.

John Wick 4
Starz
The camera work on some of the straight-up fight scenes was lazy. It made it almost look like paddy cake , like they were running through practicing a scene.
But, some of the set pieces as the movie went along were shot extremely well. It brought the excitement. As the movie went along, the actual stakes were ramped up to justify the action. Liked it.

Reign of Fire - dragons!

Master and Commander - just a cool movie.

Watched the movie "Dave" last night with Kevin Kline and Sigourney Weaver.

Kind of a fun type of movie. Funny!
Decent enough “feel good” movie, but trivializing large issues never really sits well with me.

Showing a “real world small town bumpkin” being able to get career politicians to actually talk real at a negotiating table it the worst kind of fantasy. No way would any of them ever agree to ever cut their budgets. That is a straight up non-starter.

Absolutely positively in the discussion for best movie ever made. Different opinions can be held about the actual best movie, but if this one is not on the board for discussion, than the discussion is invalid.

Band of Brothers is the best. But it is a mini series not a movie. But by far the standard as far as I am concerned.
Some of you guys might be interested in this.

IMHO, BoB is the greatest “show” ever if you put TV, movies, streamers, anything in the pool. Nothing compares to BoB.

Lmao....ok guys,are you serious about BoB,because I just started watvhing it and the first scene has David Schwimmer(Ross Gellar froom Friends) as a tough- nosed sargeant....
I started laughing because I just cant get over his nerdiness and and whatever type of horrible voice he has acting as this type of character.....

Has there ever been any movie he had been in that he didnt act like a dumb blonde in.....??

Last edited:
Lmao....ok guys,are you serious about BoB,because I just started watvhing it and the first scene has David Schwimmer(Ross Gellar froom Friends) as a tough- nosed sargeant....
I started laughing because I just cant get over his nerdiness and and whatever type of horrible voice he has acting as this type of character.....

Has there ever been any movie he had been in that he didnt like a dumb blonde in.....??

I loved his character in BoB.

Has there ever been any movie he had been in that he didnt act like a dumb blonde in.....??
So your read on the character is the exact read the audience is supposed to have on him.

WATCH THE FUCKING SHOW!!!

So your read on the character is the exact read the audience is supposed to have on him.

WATCH THE FUCKING SHOW!!!

Great shaper of men, horrible tactical planner

Pet Sematary - Bloodlines

Not a good movie. The worst Pet Sematary flick by far.

3.5/10

I only score it that high because the blonde haired chick in the movie is absolutely smokin' hot.

Back