Last movie you watched and rating (1-10)

Mayhaps.

Nevertheless, it’s a really fucking good movie.

The Last Voyage of the Demeter. 6/10

What can you say. It's another Dracula movie, but it's made by Dreamworks so the quality is good. A vampire movie that takes place on a ship is unique but doesn't leave much room for depth. The acting is quite good but repetitive. It was a "watch only once" type of movie.

Renfield

I’m normally a big fan of vampire movies.

Normally.

Renfield

I’m normally a big fan of vampire movies.

Normally.
I need to check this out. Cage might be on a roll. I thought The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent was as enjoyable of a flick as I've seen in a while.

I need to check this out. Cage might be on a roll. I thought The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent was as enjoyable of a flick as I've seen in a while.

I didn’t dislike it. But it could’ve been better. I don’t know if you’ve ever seen the movie Fright Night. With Chris Sarandon as the vampire who moves in next door? That is more what I want in a lighthearted, vampire movie.

I didn’t dislike it. But it could’ve been better. I don’t know if you’ve ever seen the movie Fright Night. With Chris Sarandon as the vampire who moves in next door? That is more what I want in a lighthearted, vampire movie.
Have you seen Unbearable Weight?

Not yet, but I will. I’ve had so much sports to watch lately, it’s been tough to squeeze regular television in.
I smiled through it. Campy, but fun.

In all fairness, I get a kick out of Cage. Love all the Nic Cage as everyone memes, and will generally buy my wife something with his face on it every so often, in jest. We have a collection. lol

In all fairness, I get a kick out of Cage. Love all the Nic Cage as everyone memes, and will generally buy my wife something with his face on it every so often, in jest. We have a collection. lol
I liked him when he was younger. I thought he was GREAT in Face/Off. It really highlighted how good an actor he was and how BAD an actor Travolta was. He just became too much of a parody of himself after those mid/late 90s movies.

I have no idea what happened with him. Maybe Superman falling apart scarred him? :noidea:

I liked him when he was younger. I thought he was GREAT in Face/Off. It really highlighted how good an actor he was and how BAD an actor Travolta was. He just became too much of a parody of himself after those mid/late 90s movies.

I have no idea what happened with him. Maybe Superman falling apart scarred him? :noidea:
Check out Unbearable weight...tbh, Pedro Pascal steals the show, but like I said, it was a fun watch.

I own this shirt, so I might not be the best judge...lulz
iu

Check out Unbearable weight...tbh, Pedro Pascal steals the show, but like I said, it was a fun watch.
I have heard good things. I will check it out.

FYI, Cage wanted to play the part that Pascal eventually got in that movie. He thought it would be better twist if someone else were to play “Nic Cage” while he just played a fan of “himself”.

That would have been a pretty interesting twist, but maybe too shocking for the movie to actually be taken “seriously”.

Watched it last night. Yeah silly grin.

PP was superb.

The Machine
Netflix
Funny. Cool action. Actual lol moments. Reminds me of The Interview. Good times.

The Butler
Prime
Kind of a low budget Forest Gump, but it takes that same style and forces some real serious topics through it. Add the shitty make-up and lighting and production value; it’s pretty weak.

You’re So Not Invited To My Bat Mitzvah
Netflix
Such a cool little teen movie. Explores friendships and the such. And not too much Sandler.

You’re So Not Invited To My Bat Mitzvah
Netflix
Such a cool little teen movie. Explores friendships and the such. And not too much Sandler.
I haven’t seen this, and likely won’t (not an attack of you or the movie).

But Sandler movies are soooo unique. They feel like amateur films made by high schoolers are collage kids with just their neighborhood friends or dorm mates as the actors, except with Hollywood budgets. Sandler casts his friends and family members and then just goofs around with the camera running. And then has himself singing with his kids during the closing credits.

Not what I call “quality”, but I absolutely LOVE that he is doing it. He has surpassed “fuck you money” and entered into a “fuck you career”. He doesn’t do a damned thing he doesn’t want to do. And it is all about spending time with his family and friends.

Bravo, sir. Bravo.

Back