Michigan’s Sherone Moore to be named head coach

So if Day barely wins at home with a team that had a ton of big-time talent return from the year before while michigan is playing with a QB who was a decided downgrade from the year before, would you say Day "no doubt out coached Moore" if that happens?
Day lost 3 and a row to Michigan with an arguably more talented team on paper talent-wise every single time.

Fans are going to get a quick dose of reality or shall we saw mediocrity going from Harbaugh to this guy. I will say he will have a pretty good season but depending on how long he lasts, it won’t get better. Him subbing as “acting coach” literally means nothing other than he is a good motivator and he can coach x’s and o’s like everyone else. He won’t be bringing the same talent especially years after their *championship*

I'm not sure we know enough to say that. Harbaugh certainly wasn't doing that great until he shifted his staff around in 21.

This guy could end up being really good but with only the small sample size we have, there isn't a way to be sure

Day lost 3 and a row to Michigan with an arguably more talented team on paper talent-wise every single time.
That can't be. All we've heard about this year's michigan team is how they're going to shatter the NFL record for most players drafted in a single year.

Also, give Day his row back.

I'm not sure we know enough to say that. Harbaugh certainly wasn't doing that great until he shifted his staff around in 21.

This guy could end up being really good but with only the small sample size we have, there isn't a way to be sure

He could but Michigan fans acting like it’s a sure fire home run is hilarious.

I think they were going to take a step back this year regardless because of everything they lost. If he gets waffle stomped at home by Texas to start the year I think rumbling already starts about how they shoulda had a real coaching search.

That can't be. All we've heard about this year's michigan team is how they're going to shatter the NFL record for most players drafted in a single year.

Also, give Day his row back.
Michigan will probably have a lot of kids drafted. Michigan will probably have very few drafted in the top 3 rounds.

I think they were going to take a step back this year regardless because of everything they lost. If he gets waffle stomped at home by Texas to start the year I think rumbling already starts about how they shoulda had a real coaching search.
I think any new hire is up in the air, even proven coaches at one team get hired and fail at another. Keeping the culture of the program, keeping the majority of the staff and continuing momentum vs. starting from scratch is more important than hiring a big name.

I also, like, just don't care. We won. We did it. I didn't ever think I'd see a national title in my lifetime and we did it.

It was a home run hire in the sense it keeps the players already there and the recruits coming in as happy as you are going to get them and also will be able to retain most, of not all, of the staff, which they have a great coaching staff right now

So if Day barely wins at home with a team that had a ton of big-time talent return from the year before while michigan is playing with a QB who was a decided downgrade from the year before, would you say Day "no doubt out coached Moore" if that happens?

If OSU barely beat Michigan next year, that's not a great look IMO given the talent discrepancy there will be. I'd actually have to watch the game and see how it goes before deciding on who coached better.

If OSU barely beat Michigan next year, that's not a great look IMO given the talent discrepancy there will be. I'd actually have to watch the game and see how it goes before deciding on who coached better.

It's gonna depend on the QB and offensive line honestly. Those are our two biggest ?s. Everywhere else we are loaded but the offensive line worries me

It's gonna depend on the QB and offensive line honestly. Those are our two biggest ?s. Everywhere else we are loaded but the offensive line worries me

Those are also our biggest question marks on the roster. Obviously there's the matter of what the coaching staff looks like and if Michigan changes their defensive approach, but Michigan is returning a good chunk of their secondary and DL.

I'm not expecting more than 10 wins, but 10-2 could be enough get them a playoff spot

Fair point, but Day wasn't the one that threw the awful INT that gave michigan the ball at the OSU 7, and he wasn't the one that didn't hold a block long enough that led to McCord's second INT either. Given that this was arguably michigan's best team ever while this was a relatively mediocre Ohio State team (by our standards), I'm missing the part where Moore "clearly out coached" Day.

Yeah, this is kind of where I am at too. Day is still a great coach all things considered, but hasn't been against Michigan the last 3 years.

Fair point, but Day wasn't the one that threw the awful INT that gave michigan the ball at the OSU 7, and he wasn't the one that didn't hold a block long enough that led to McCord's second INT either. Given that this was arguably michigan's best team ever while this was a relatively mediocre Ohio State team (by our standards), I'm missing the part where Moore "clearly out coached" Day.

McCord is noticeably worse than OSU's previous QBs, but I do think there's something to be said for him performing better than any QB has against Michigan all year. He looked a lot better against us than Penix did

McCord is noticeably worse than OSU's previous QBs, but I do think there's something to be said for him performing better than any QB has against Michigan all year. He looked a lot better against us than Penix did
THIS

Michigan made arguably the best QB in the nation look poopy. OSU fans are shitting on McCord but that might bite them in the butt for chasing him off.

McCord wasn't great. But neither was Day IMO. The way he handled the end of the first half was awful coaching IMO. Moore was good in his decision-making about critical plays, and they had a good game plan overall.

He had some solid plays against michigan, and his line would've looked much better if he wasn't hit on his last throw, but he was still levels below basically every QB we've had since before JT Barrett. And yeah, you guys made Penix look worse than most of the other teams he faced for sure.

McCord wasn't great. But neither was Day IMO. The way he handled the end of the first half was awful coaching IMO. Moore was good in his decision-making about critical plays, and they had a good game plan overall.
Oh by no means was it a banner performance for Day, but I wouldn't say he was the reason we lost either. I just don't think you say say one coach was "clearly out coached" by another in a 6-point road loss that came down to the final seconds.

THIS

Michigan made arguably the best QB in the nation look poopy. OSU fans are shitting on McCord but that might bite them in the butt for chasing him off.
You can shit on Day all you want, but you can't deny that he has a track record of knowing how to develop QBs. McCord was a rare miss, but still a miss, and the decision looks much better when you consider McCord left because Day wouldn't guarantee him the starting job and get him more NIL money (something Day doesn't even control). I've never seen Day rip into any of his QBs like he did with McCord all year. It was just never a great fit.

It was a home run hire in the sense it keeps the players already there and the recruits coming in as happy as you are going to get them and also will be able to retain most, of not all, of the staff, which they have a great coaching staff right now

I don’t think making hires because “players won’t transfer” is the best decision. That only gets you stability for a couple of years.

Oh by no means was it a banner performance for Day, but I wouldn't say he was the reason we lost either. I just don't think you say say one coach was "clearly out coached" by another in a 6-point road loss that came down to the final seconds.

Just seemed like Moore made all the right calls and had a better game plan. I thought OSU played well for the most part, but Day basically conceding before the half was an awful look. He coached scared right there. From an X's and O's standpoint, it was fine, but Day coached scared.