Movies Made 2020 & After Are the Worst in At Least 40 Years. Prove Me Wrong.

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Number of great movies made in the last 2 years: zero

Number of remotely funny comedies made in the last 2 years: zero

Number of good movies made in the last 2 years... Zero? one or two maybe?

Hollywood has imploded. They clearly have nothing interesting left to say. They spend millions producing absolute s**t. A group of high schoolers using iPhones & their closets & garages for wardrobes & props could make more interesting movies than the crap being produced lately.

Or have I forgotten about a really, really, REALLY bad couple of years in the past?

No idea WTF they're saying, but this is actually better than 99% of what Hollywood has produced in the last couple of years.

Not an exaggeration.

No idea WTF they're saying, but this is actually better than 99% of what Hollywood has produced in the last couple of years.

Not an exaggeration.

That looks like a school play…

OMFG!!

Not an exaggeration.

They're doing "Inglourious Basterds 2", the kid behind the desk just said "That's a Bingo!" :wink:

Definitely a bad era for movies but there have been great movies released in the past 2 years. The Marvel shit has really dragged the industry down as a whole though.

Not an exaggeration.

I thought you said you never lied?

Anyway, it all went down hill after Hollywood outed the rapist.

Agreed. Everything these days is a re-make of a movie from prior generations (and almost always nowhere nearly as good), some comic book superhero bullshit, or some pixar/disney bullshit kid movie. Producers cant produce anything worth a damn anymore

When people live on their phones nothing else matters quality wise.

Just so long as they can see it now.

Definitely a bad era for movies but there have been great movies released in the past 2 years. The Marvel shit has really dragged the industry down as a whole though.
I REALLY enjoy the Marvel stuff (for the most part), but I agree it is damaging Hollywood as a whole.

I REALLY enjoy the Marvel stuff (for the most part), but I agree it is damaging Hollywood as a whole.
I’d have to agree Marvel has done an excellent job overall. I thought the last Spider-Man movie was a hot poop sandwich, but most of their movies were really well done IMO. They’ve largely been the one exception.

Even the Matrix reboot was crap, and it seemed like Shawshank Redemption compared to the vast majority of the movies lately.

Anyone who thinks Hollywood is doing just fine should see what I saw over the holidays: Matrix 4. What a total and complete shitshow.

I get the criticism over comic book IP- it’s one-note and relies on mild amounts of drama or comedy to bridge a pile of CGI explosions together. But people are entertained by it and they’re done reasonably well. And it’s still a mostly “original” concept, being adapted from material that’s still new to most people. Now it appears that Hollywood is running out of scripts, and there’s only so many times we will sit through Batman fighting the Joker, or the Nth actor to play Spider-Man in the last 15 years. Once the Iron Man reboot gets announced, the collective groan will probably start the decline of the genre.

Here are the movies from the last 2 years that I think qualify from the ranking good to great. Includes 1 comedy, but yeah comedies have been shit for about a decade now. Still two movies that I need to see that released this year that I think can qualify for great: Licorice Pizza & The Tragedy of Macbeth.

1. The Last Duel (2021) - Great
2. Dune (2021) - Great
2. I'm Thinking of Ending Things (2020) - Very Good
3. The Green Knight (2021) - Very Good
4. The Sound of Metal (2020) - Very Good
5. The French Dispatch (2021) - Very Good
6. Bad Trip (2020) COMEDY - Very Good
7. The Power of Dog (2021) - Good
8. The Matrix Resurrections (2021) - Good
9. Tenet (2020) - Good
10. Pig (2020) - Good

But yeah for sure this decade is really hurting in the movie end. This was after last decade was probably the worst decade for movies since the 50s or 60s.

Anyone who thinks Hollywood is doing just fine should see what I saw over the holidays: Matrix 4. What a total and complete shitshow.
The first matrix was great because the directors were male?

Here are the movies from the last 2 years that I think qualify from the ranking good to great. Includes 1 comedy, but yeah comedies have been shit for about a decade now. Still two movies that I need to see that released this year that I think can qualify for great: Licorice Pizza & The Tragedy of Macbeth.

1. The Last Duel (2021) - Great
2. Dune (2021) - Great
2. I'm Thinking of Ending Things (2020) - Very Good
3. The Green Knight (2021) - Very Good
4. The Sound of Metal (2020) - Very Good
5. The French Dispatch (2021) - Very Good
6. Bad Trip (2020) COMEDY - Very Good
7. The Power of Dog (2021) - Good
8. The Matrix Resurrections (2021) - Good
9. Tenet (2020) - Good
10. Pig (2020) - Good

But yeah for sure this decade is really hurting in the movie end. This was after last decade was probably the worst decade for movies since the 50s or 60s.
Tenet was trash

The first matrix was great because the directors were male?
Naw, because it was an original, intriguing concept, with a good cast and it was executed well. The sequels were rushed, ill-planned and a grotesque hatchet job, which coincided with what the directors were doing to their genitals.

meh, in just the past 5 days i think i watched some decent flicks.

I'm Your Man
Four Good Days
Drive My Car
The Tender Bar
Riders of Justice
This is the Night

Some others during that time that were fine as well. It is what it is.

Agreed. Everything these days is a re-make of a movie from prior generations (and almost always nowhere nearly as good), some comic book superhero bullshit, or some pixar/disney bullshit kid movie. Producers cant produce anything worth a damn anymore

is spiderman a remake of a remake that had a majority of the same people from the remake of the remake?? so its wtf???

To be honest, I can't think of too many good movies since then. The last bit of good movies I can think of are all 2019 lol.

I will say that No Time To Die was pretty good.