Movies Made 2020 & After Are the Worst in At Least 40 Years. Prove Me Wrong.

:lol: This confirms it. You’re wrong about literally everything.

Please tell me your favorite stock picks, so I can short them. :nod:

Energy sector is pretty insulated from inflation.

I'd ask you to short them, but its unlikely a financial institution would allow a broke ass individual like yourself to conduct trades.

Nope. Because it was like nothing else.

The rest were money grabbers. They never, ever got better than #1.

Unlike Godfather Part II and Aliens. I'd almost put T2 in there but Terminator was way unlike anything I'd seen previously.
Thank you. I've been patiently awaiting your response for the past 9+ months.

Thank you. I've been patiently awaiting your response for the past 9+ months.

You must have a shit life if I'm the high point of your miserable day.

Naw, because it was an original, intriguing concept, with a good cast and it was executed well. The sequels were rushed, ill-planned and a grotesque hatchet job, which coincided with what the directors were doing to their genitals.

It always felt to me like they had no intention of making a sequel and it just got so popular they had to.

And do it fast To not lose momentum

To be honest, I can't think of too many good movies since then. The last bit of good movies I can think of are all 2019 lol.

I will say that No Time To Die was pretty good.

Good but still bottom tier of Craig movies with QOS imo

Another year of movies is now in the books. :poop:

A preview of Hollywood's best attempts at redemption for 2023:

Hippo-Motorboat-Poop.gif

Here are the movies from the last 2 years that I think qualify from the ranking good to great. Includes 1 comedy, but yeah comedies have been shit for about a decade now. Still two movies that I need to see that released this year that I think can qualify for great: Licorice Pizza & The Tragedy of Macbeth.

1. The Last Duel (2021) - Great
2. Dune (2021) - Great
2. I'm Thinking of Ending Things (2020) - Very Good
3. The Green Knight (2021) - Very Good
4. The Sound of Metal (2020) - Very Good
5. The French Dispatch (2021) - Very Good
6. Bad Trip (2020) COMEDY - Very Good
7. The Power of Dog (2021) - Good
8. The Matrix Resurrections (2021) - Good
9. Tenet (2020) - Good
10. Pig (2020) - Good

But yeah for sure this decade is really hurting in the movie end. This was after last decade was probably the worst decade for movies since the 50s or 60s.
Licorice Pizza
Prime
5/10
So well acted. So well shot. So well paced. It hits the tone it aims for: like a Wes Anderson Forest Gump wannabe. But in the end, like Stranger Things, there’s no there there but nostalgia and a vibe.

Hippo-Motorboat-Poop.gif

Hippo-Motorboat-Poop.gif
Here's the real video of previews for 2023, but it's not a whole lot different than the gif.

The only one on this whole list that doesn't look like absolute dog s**t is the newest Mission Impossible movie. Those movies have had some decent staying power, unlike a lot of the other recycled s**t they're trying to put out there. The newest John Wick movie might not suck ass, too. But that's me being optimistic.

Indiana f**king Jones? :poop: Cocaine Bear? That joke is already old before the trailer is over. :poop:

Can't prove you wrong

Saw a movie from 2020 with Chris Hemsworth called Extraction, of which I saw the trailer when it came out. I rolled my eyes back then. Didn't realize it was created by a lot of the same people from the Avengers movies, which were excellently done (the last 2).

...I was SHOCKED at how good that movie was. Wow. I expected predictable, cliché bull s**t, and it was the opposite. :clap:

A few people in Hollywood still know how to make good movies (very few).

Saw a movie from 2020 with Chris Hemsworth called Extraction, of which I saw the trailer when it came out. I rolled my eyes back then. Didn't realize it was created by a lot of the same people from the Avengers movies, which were excellently done (the last 2).

...I was SHOCKED at how good that movie was. Wow. I expected predictable, cliché bull s**t, and it was the opposite. :clap:

A few people in Hollywood still know how to make good movies (very few).
I liked Extraction.
Also liked The Last Duel

The end

I watched Dune (2021) and didn't like it. My friends though it was great so I figured it was worth a second watch. My daughter wanted to see it anyway, so I watched it again. It didn't get any better, and my daughter hated it.

Top Gun Maverick was the best that Hollywood has produced in a number of years.

If I had to make a recommendation to you guys, News of the World (2020) a western with Tom Hanks was excellent. If you haven't seen it, give it a shot. Apart from Maverick, it was a surprise bright spot among the manure Hollywood is producing.

The Gray Man was fun
The Gray Man
Netflix
Crappy schizophrenic plot. Many plot holes. Three of the four most boring a-listers. All they needed was a guest appearance by Gal Gadot to complete the grand slam. At least Chris Evans tried a bit. Fight choreography bad. That’s par for the course lately. Real real boring.

LOL, IDK if it is true but I read Arnold S is looking to reprise his role as Matrix in Commando 2. That just sounds bad all around.

The Gray Man
Netflix
Crappy schizophrenic plot. Many plot holes. Three of the four most boring a-listers. All they needed was a guest appearance by Gal Gadot to complete the grand slam. At least Chris Evans tried a bit. Fight choreography bad. That’s par for the course lately. Real real boring.

Whatever you say, dunce.