Movies Made 2020 & After Are the Worst in At Least 40 Years. Prove Me Wrong.

Is he going to be trying to save Alyssa Milano’s granddaughter this time?
LOL, supposedly it is going to follow the same storyline so it just might be unless Alyssa Milano gets kidnapped as an adult.

View attachment 103342
July 1983 newspaper movie listing....
14 movies from 40 years ago all out at the same time. And I have seen and remember every last one of those.

Show me the top 14 movies from any date from 2019 (taking pandemic out of the equation), and I might have seen MAYBE half of them, and probably haven’t even heard of the other half.

Half the time, when I have time to watch a newer movie, I get through like a quarter of it and just give up.

The diarrhea Hollywood is producing, with the benefit of the best technology they never had 20 years ago, is unwatchable.

NearHomelyDoctorfish-size_restricted.gif

Half the time, when I have time to watch a newer movie, I get through like a quarter of it and just give up.

The diarrhea Hollywood is producing, with the benefit of the best technology they never had 20 years ago, is unwatchable.

NearHomelyDoctorfish-size_restricted.gif
Oppenheimer was great.

You're an idiot.

There's so much more shit made nowadays than there was 40 years ago. The quality of the movies varies wildly and most of the stuff with big budgets are based off of existing IP, usually a sequel or reboot, which generally isn't going to be as good. That said, this argument to me is like the SNL sucks now stuff where people recount their favorite bits that made a best of compilation to a season. Does most of it suck? Sure, but there's stuff you didn't like at the time that years later will be seen as favorites down the line (plus some of the shit you liked from yesteryear is because you were young and didn't realize it sucked). I've watched 115 movies that came out this year, some are good, some are bad, some are meh. It's just the nature of the game.

There's so much more shit made nowadays than there was 40 years ago.
There was a lot of shit made 10 years ago too, but it wasn't anywhere near this bad. Even the big-budget films with the biggest actors are hot garbage. Most of it's trying to shoe-horn a message into something like an action movie, and one's suspension of disbelief begins to wain when 100-pound models are beating the shit out of 6 Russian-mob thugs or some shit.

It used to be like a roofie in your drink, but now it's like they're chasing you around in a Bill-Cosby mask yelling, "EAT THIS FUCKIN' ROOFIE NOW!!!" They do churn out something good every once in a while, and there still are some excellent actors out there, but the writing is atrocious.

There was a lot of shit made 10 years ago too, but it wasn't anywhere near this bad. Even the big-budget films with the biggest actors are hot garbage. Most of it's trying to shoe-horn a message into something like an action movie, and one's suspension of disbelief begins to wain when 100-pound models are beating the shit out of 6 Russian-mob thugs or some shit.

It used to be like a roofie in your drink, but now it's like they're chasing you around in a Bill-Cosby mask yelling, "EAT THIS FUCKIN' ROOFIE NOW!!!" They do churn out something good every once in a while, and there still are some excellent actors out there, but the writing is atrocious.

Now there's a movie I would watch :wink: :noidea:

Oppenheimer was great.

You're an idiot.

No you are the idiot if you think that movie was worth a shit. It wasn't. I've watched a documentary that was ten times as entertaining, much more informative and only lasted 2 hours.

This abomination lasted 3 hours and didn't do a very good job of telling the story that is there to tell.

Oppenheimer is a shit movie. I wasted money and time on that POS movie that I'll never get back....

14 movies from 40 years ago all out at the same time. And I have seen and remember every last one of those.

Show me the top 14 movies from any date from 2019 (taking pandemic out of the equation), and I might have seen MAYBE half of them, and probably haven’t even heard of the other half.
Amen brother! Preach it.......

No you are the idiot if you think that movie was worth a shit. It wasn't. I've watched a documentary that was ten times as entertaining, much more informative and only lasted 2 hours.

This abomination lasted 3 hours and didn't do a very good job of telling the story that is there to tell.

Oppenheimer is a shit movie. I wasted money and time on that POS movie that I'll never get back....

What documentary about Oppenheimer did you watch that was 10 times as entertaining?

What documentary about Oppenheimer did you watch that was 10 times as entertaining?

First admit that Oppenheimer the movie was garbage. Until such time go find it yourself. Or better yet, just watch that POS movie again since you thought it was so good...great even! Hahaha

First admit that Oppenheimer the movie was garbage. Until such time go find it yourself. Or better yet, just watch that POS movie again since you thought it was so good...great even! Hahaha

It was great, and I would love to see it in IMAX again.

Maybe you can catch a matinee with Oppenheimer and perhaps Dunkirk playing as a double feature.

Two movies that were heavily praised that turned out to be complete garbage.

Dunkirk would have worked better with a straightened timeline (IMO).

I thought it worked better in Oppenheimer, although the sheer number of characters might make it hard for someone unfamiliar with the project.

Dunkirk would have worked better with a straightened timeline (IMO).

I thought it worked better in Oppenheimer, although the sheer number of characters might make it hard for someone unfamiliar with the project.
It would have. It wasn't a bad movie, but could have been so much better.