Movies Made 2020 & After Are the Worst in At Least 40 Years. Prove Me Wrong.

Going to see the new Scream tomorrow. Hoping it doesn't disappoint, but not expecting it to be as good as the original.

Watched Don't Look Up.....thought it was decent

Going to see the new Scream tomorrow. Hoping it doesn't disappoint, but not expecting it to be as good as the original.

Might be recency bias, but I think it was probably the 2nd best one for me(behind the 1st obviously).

Might be recency bias, but I think it was probably the 2nd best one for me(behind the 1st obviously).

I think I probably like Scream 2 more, but the new one is better than the rest of the sequels.

Watched Unforgiven, 1992 in absolute awe of how talented the writing was back then. Movies had interesting themes & realistic character motivations, etc. Stories weren't just 100%, unadulterated lectures on politics & nothing more.

I had to google what won best picture last year. A movie called Nomadland. I never even heard of it.

I should've been a screenwriter. It's the easiest job on earth, and if I told them the moral they wanted to hear, they'd be like

giphy.gif

Watched Unforgiven, 1992 in absolute awe of how talented the writing was back then. Movies had interesting themes & realistic character motivations, etc. Stories weren't just 100%, unadulterated lectures on politics & nothing more.

I had to google what won best picture last year. A movie called Nomadland. I never even heard of it.

I should've been a screenwriter. It's the easiest job on earth, and if I told them the moral they wanted to hear, they'd be like

giphy.gif

It's definitely not easy to get a script in front of audiences even if you tell and give them what they want. Unless what they want is your 10 year old little brother's butthole and you don't like your family anyway :wink: :noidea:

giphy.gif
Unforgivin was a real classic.

:puke: Another dog-s**t year for new movies.

Top Gun: Maverick was great, but I can't find another title that I thought was even good in 2022. Not even one.

Top Gun: Maverick was great, but I can't find another title that I thought was even good in 2022. Not even one.
Because your soul is broken and you hate everyone. Always complaining, no solutions, a real cunt.

Get better taste in movies instead of being a worthless pos.

Here are the movies from the last 2 years that I think qualify from the ranking good to great. Includes 1 comedy, but yeah comedies have been shit for about a decade now. Still two movies that I need to see that released this year that I think can qualify for great: Licorice Pizza & The Tragedy of Macbeth.

1. The Last Duel (2021) - Great
2. Dune (2021) - Great
2. I'm Thinking of Ending Things (2020) - Very Good
3. The Green Knight (2021) - Very Good
4. The Sound of Metal (2020) - Very Good
5. The French Dispatch (2021) - Very Good
6. Bad Trip (2020) COMEDY - Very Good
7. The Power of Dog (2021) - Good
8. The Matrix Resurrections (2021) - Good
9. Tenet (2020) - Good
10. Pig (2020) - Good

But yeah for sure this decade is really hurting in the movie end. This was after last decade was probably the worst decade for movies since the 50s or 60s.
Dune is not very good.
ITOET is very very good.

Good in 2020:
Minari, Kajillionaire, Nomadland

Get better taste in movies instead of being a worthless pos.
:lol: This confirms it. You’re wrong about literally everything.

Please tell me your favorite stock picks, so I can short them. :nod:

The first matrix was great because the directors were male?

Nope. Because it was like nothing else.

The rest were money grabbers. They never, ever got better than #1.

Unlike Godfather Part II and Aliens. I'd almost put T2 in there but Terminator was way unlike anything I'd seen previously.

giphy.gif

I hate to agree with you because you usually remind me of whatever it that dog is depositing.