NL West Thread

Can't argue with the first four (though I'm not surprised one bit at San Fran's regression), but there's a couple on there I disagree with.

1.Did anyone really expect *anything* from the Rockies this year? They were 74-87 and lost Gray and Story to free agency without really replacing either. Unsurprisingly, they're worse than last year.
2. The Rangers fall in that same boat, though at least they've already won more games than last year. Yeah they made nosie in the offseason signing Semien/Seager/Gray, but did anyone really think those three alone would catapult them into playoff contention?
3. I suppose the Padres feel like they should be winning a little more than they have, but they're still 78-65. This will very likely be their second .500+ season since 2010 and there's a pretty good chance they reach the playoffs. They've also been playing without Tatis for the whole season, which is a lot to replace. Yeah their divisional hopes have been done for a good month or so, but I think that says more about just how good the Dodgers have been than anything else.
4. Marlins went 67-95 last year with the second worst scoring offense in the NL and it's currently second to last in scoring. No real surprise they still suck. Their pitching is very intriguing though.

I feel like the A's and Royals should be on that list even if the expectations around those two weren't very high. The A's were still an 86 win team last year and are very likely going to lose 100+ games, and it's weird seeing them lose 90+ games. Royals were 74-88 but are already about to match last year's loss total.

San Francisco Giants swept. 🧹

At home.

By the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Nick Offerman Smile GIF

I've got no complaints about the top 5, although I might have put them in a different order.

White Sox were getting mentioned for World Series contender, and yes, they can still make the playoffs, but it's only because the division is weak and we all know they won't make it.

Padres have to be up there because after the Soto deal, you'd think they would have taken off, yet haven't.

Angels are likely the worst franchise in MLB. All that talent and can never even make the playoffs.

Dodgers have made them their bitch.

Congratulations Giants fans on your team's apparent 3rd-place finish in the division this season. You must be so proud of what Gabe has accomplished with all that talent! Time to celebrate like you won the World Series. :yahoo:

Damn I didn't know about Hammer's disdain for the Giants.

You'd think they hired Urban Meyer as their coach or something.

Damn I didn't know about Hammer's disdain for the Giants.

You'd think they hired Urban Meyer as their coach or something.
In baseball we have managers. Urban Meyer was the co-finalist but the Giants decided to go with the gheyer of the two.

I didn't catch the Giants/Padres game Wednesday night but I see that the Giants won big.

Did they celebrate like they were in the playoffs?