Post what non-beer you're drinking

Instead of continuing to clutter the beer thread with other alcoholic offerings, I propose a thread for spirits/wine/etc.

Currently enjoying a few Old Fashioneds using Wild Turkey Rare Breed (116.8 proof). I'm normally a neat bourbon drinker, but decided to give this a try.....may be dangerous, as it's a nice combination that goes down smooth.
If you ever come down to Orlando, hit up Big Fire @ CityWalk / Universal.. they have a smoked old fashion that is absolutely awesome. they use Knob Creek.. we drank almost 100$ worth of it waiting on Dinner there.. it's freaking fantastic and smooth.. 10/10 recommend

Blanton's moves consistently in central Ohio for $110, up from about $90 in 2020. OWA goes for around $90 when it used to be $70 also. Frankly, I think there are plenty of good bottles that I'd take over those ones anymore. For me, Russell's just doesn't miss. I'm not ponying up $325 for the 13yr but the 10yr is easily as good at it's price point. I've also gotten very much into the Penelope offerings recently as well as Pinhook. Definitely recommend either of them if you see them.
I found some Penelope in my town. Which iteration of it is the best? I've seen the Architect and Rose Cask.

I found some Penelope in my town. Which iteration of it is the best? I've seen the Architect and Rose Cask.
Architect is really, really good. Never actually had the Rose cask myself, but they've yet to do a bad one that I've tried.

Penelope is one Ive wanted to try. They have the BP weekend a little while ago here in OH and I missed my chance.

Im a big fan of EHT, got a couple waiting in line at BT.

My goto cheap is now mixing a cheaper bourbon like Benchmark with some American Honey Sting. For the sting is too sweet to drink straight but mixed 50/50 with some bourbon is perfect.

WhistlePig Piggyback Bourbon in my daily old fashion.

Penelope is one Ive wanted to try. They have the BP weekend a little while ago here in OH and I missed my chance.

Im a big fan of EHT, got a couple waiting in line at BT.

My goto cheap is now mixing a cheaper bourbon like Benchmark with some American Honey Sting. For the sting is too sweet to drink straight but mixed 50/50 with some bourbon is perfect.
I've been amazed at the prices on EHT. Basically any of them. As recently as a few years ago, I preferred the single barrel myself, but was never thrilled with the Barrel Proof (for barrel proof, I prefer Elijah Craig). And now considering the prices I've seen on the EHT products...smh

Speaking of barrel proof.......anybody have an opinion of the Larceny barrel proof?

Speaking of barrel proof.......anybody have an opinion of the Larceny barrel proof?
Being a wheater, I thought I'd like it a lot. Turns out, I preferred the regular larceny to the BP version. I didn't get a chance to try it on ice though.

I've been amazed at the prices on EHT. Basically any of them. As recently as a few years ago, I preferred the single barrel myself, but was never thrilled with the Barrel Proof (for barrel proof, I prefer Elijah Craig). And now considering the prices I've seen on the EHT products...smh
I agree, the craze has gone way overboard. Here in Toledo, if you want one of the allocated you are usually waiting in line for several hours before opening. Or you can try you luck in MI where they are usually secondary prices if you can find anything.

I tried the waiting in line once, didnt work out so have not tried again.

I was able to trade for a EHT single barrel and it was very good. I cannot tell the different between that and small batch.

@Across The Field @SlinkyRedfoot @dhoey

Which whisky or liquor surprised you the most? Like it was much better than you expected or so much better than the price indicated.

In terms of value for the price, what is your go-to tequila and vodka?
Missed this one, but in terms of being better than I expected, I'd say Pinhook bourbon. $38 in Ohio and drinks well above that.

Value for the price, Old Grandad 114 is up there. Russell's 10 (or anything Russell's) is always good. I was honestly very surprised by the new Jack Daniel's triple mash with the red label. I would highly recommend that one.

Depends entirely on the batch. If you can find C921/C922, it's a must-buy IMO. The earlier batches were sorta "meh".

Depends entirely on the batch. If you can find C921/C922, it's a must-buy IMO. The earlier batches were sorta "meh".
I'll have to keep a lookout for that one since I didn't really care for the larceny BP I've found. Thanks

I'll have to keep a lookout for that one since I didn't really care for the larceny BP I've found. Thanks
If you have one of the "A" batches, I think the one saving grace is they improve a little as they've been opened. Not great but better than taking it off the neck.

Missed this one, but in terms of being better than I expected, I'd say Pinhook bourbon. $38 in Ohio and drinks well above that.

Value for the price, Old Grandad 114 is up there. Russell's 10 (or anything Russell's) is always good. I was honestly very surprised by the new Jack Daniel's triple mash with the red label. I would highly recommend that one.
I completely agree on Old Grandad 114 and Russell's 10yr. Both very good for the money. :thumb: I"m still amazed that Russell's 10yr is sold at such a reasonable price since we see basically every single age-statement bourbon out there raising their prices through the roof.

Ran out of WhistlePig and tried Four Roses small batch for my old fashion this evening. I like it.
Four Roses is another one that doesn't really do any wrong. They also have bottles at price points for all budgets, which is nice.

Currently sitting on my deck wrapping up the work day with a glass of a Woodinville OHLQ barrel pick while I have a chuck roast on the smoker, and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to work under any other conditions for the rest of the spring/summer.

Redwood-Empire-Lost-Monarch.png

Bourbon rye blend... really good