Post what non-beer you're drinking

aed221c666728d1dbe31a74f13716915.png

I live on the Idaho/Wa border. Wa has private liquor stores so you can find some decent stuff but it’s at crazy prices. Idaho is state run and only sell at MSRP which is great but they can’t keep anything in stock
Idaho and Ohio seem to be basically the same. Liquor controlled so no price gouging but you've gotta be in the know on delivery dates/know workers at the stores well to get anything allocated. I've probably picked up 4-5 bottles of OWA at the $50 MSRP over the past 6 months or so, but it's wild to see some people paying up to $200 or so for it. It's good, but wow.

Idaho and Ohio seem to be basically the same. Liquor controlled so no price gouging but you've gotta be in the know on delivery dates/know workers at the stores well to get anything allocated. I've probably picked up 4-5 bottles of OWA at the $50 MSRP over the past 6 months or so, but it's wild to see some people paying up to $200 or so for it. It's good, but wow.
There was a fist fight over a bottle of Blanton's the last time the state line liquor store had one......:loco2:

There was a fist fight over a bottle of Blanton's the last time the state line liquor store had one......:loco2:
I hate to ask what that goes for on secondary out there

Can you get ahold of Penolope Architect over there?

Can you get ahold of Penolope Architect over there?
Yeah fairly regularly. The regular Penelope and the Barrel Strength have more or less become shelfers and the Architect and Toasted Barrel are usually there as well. Like 9 months ago we had none of it but that suddenly changed last fall. Pretty happy, that is really good stuff for the price.

Yeah fairly regularly. The regular Penelope and the Barrel Strength have more or less become shelfers and the Architect and Toasted Barrel are usually there as well. Like 9 months ago we had none of it but that suddenly changed last fall. Pretty happy, that is really good stuff for the price.
The Architect is on my short list. Not sure when it with show up the in the Inland Northwest but my in-laws travel to upstate NY every summer so I'm gonna have them bring me back a bottle or two.

The Architect is on my short list. Not sure when it with show up the in the Inland Northwest but my in-laws travel to upstate NY every summer so I'm gonna have them bring me back a bottle or two.
Do you have any of the other Penelopes?

The Architect is really good, no question, but the Toasted and Barrel Strength are just as good IMO. If you have the chance to try them at a bar or anything, definitely would recommend.

Not to rub it in but I definitely snagged another Architect at the store today. If you're in Cbus I have a spare :beer2:
Damn man....not to rub it in lol.

I don't even think I can get it shipped out here. I've been trying to find a way.

I am currently on a kick of orange juice with lots of crushed ice....lots of ice

2019 Chateau Musar Hochar Pere Et Fils

1678503235548.jpeg

Finished off my bottle of Sazerac Rye. Really like the spiciness of it. Not sure if all Rye's are that way but the Sazerac was damned good. Will buy again.

Found a bottle of Blanton's last week. Was 140 after tax. Felt lucky to get it.

Finished off my bottle of Sazerac Rye. Really like the spiciness of it. Not sure if all Rye's are that way but the Sazerac was damned good. Will buy again.
Sazerac Rye is very underrated. I know it's hard to get in some places, but it's all of Texas and Louisiana.

EHTBP, Stagg, and Weller FP are a bit high but otherwise that's basically what Ohio is like. SHT SiB going for like 220-230 here and ETL 280 or so. Just stupid.
Geeze, I have 2 bottles of ETL. One I paid $40 for. The other was $100 (and I was reluctant to pay that). I can't believe the bourbon prices these last few years.