Regional dishes you love, that others would think is gross, or food from your area thats the tits

Enlarged-4th-of-July-Lobster-Boil-4.png

get in me

Rich man's version of low country boil

2-The-Spy-Who-Shagged-Me.gif

That is like me and seafood, every now and then i try some again, and still hate it then hate that my house smells like fish (the wife likes fish, crab, lobster, shrim etc)
I really enjoy white fish, haddock, cod, flounder etc and I like scallops a lot too. Swordfish is OK, but I don't seek it out. Clam chowder yes, steamed or fried clams, meh, I have to be really freakin hungry.

I really enjoy white fish, haddock, cod, flounder etc and I like scallops a lot too. Swordfish is OK, but I don't seek it out. Clam chowder yes, steamed or fried clams, meh, I have to be really freakin hungry.
I learned i can eat anything if i am hungry enough, but given the option ill pass on anything that lives in water, i just cant get past the taste. Like with most greens that i dont care for (most taste like grass/dirt) i can pass on lettuce etc just fillers, gimme more burger less greens on my cheese burger :D

I learned i can eat anything if i am hungry enough, but given the option ill pass on anything that lives in water, i just cant get past the taste. Like with most greens that i dont care for (most taste like grass/dirt) i can pass on lettuce etc just fillers, gimme more burger less greens on my cheese burger :D
my exwife used to call crab and lobster "bugs".

id eat bugs when we went out.

divorce made sense.

There was a time i got into the whole sous vide scene, but much like the instapot (pressure cooking) it was just meh and i preferred my traditional methods ( except in the winter but even then ill pan sear over sous vide)
yeah I tried a bunch of different stuff but haven't used it in probably 6 months, like my bread machine.
The instapat we still use, but really just for doing pot roast. Best damn pot roast ever, and in 2 hours instead of 8 like in a normal crockpot.

I like a lot of veggies, green ones included, but except for potatoes I prefer them uncooked.

Last edited:
my exwife used to call crab and lobster "bugs".

id eat bugs when we went out.

divorce made sense.
My wife usually only eats fish when we are grilling out now, so i dont have to smell it all day she will grill it now :D fish, shrimp w/e

yeah I tried a bunch of different stuff but haven't used it in probably 6 months, like my bread machine.
The instapat we still use, but really just for doing pot roast. Best damn pot roast ever, and in 2 hours instead of 8 like in a normal crockpot.
Yea we just had pot roast and potatoes out of the insta pot the other night. (its gotten cold here, snowed yesterday/last night even)

Yeah mine won't eat fish, but getting better about it. She makes a kick ass ponzu chilean sea bass. No idea where she learned it since she never ate seafood. Pinterest comes in handy every once in a while.

Yea we just had pot roast and potatoes out of the insta pot the other night. (its gotten cold here, snowed yesterday/last night even)
There is one called "tons-of-gravy" potroast. the best. now gonna have to put that in the rotation.

Found I can cook a lot more good food since this whole work from home thing, not limited to weekends to have the longer taking meals.

There is one called "tons-of-gravy" potroast. the best. now gonna have to put that in the rotation.

Found I can cook a lot more good food since this whole work from home thing, not limited to weekends to have the longer taking meals.
Yea we've tried a few different things, my wife has been making this "Salisbury steak" type thing which is basically meatloaf seared on either side then baked in the oven and we have it with gravy and rice, pretty damn good. Tryin to remember some other things we've been doing since it all started, havin a brain fart because ive been askin her for 2 weeks now to make the damn rice and gravy with the salisbury steak and instead she brought home roast with potatoes and carrots. Lots of good home comfort foods, and now that it is getting cold outside even more that sound good :D

Yeah mine won't eat fish, but getting better about it. She makes a kick ass ponzu chilean sea bass. No idea where she learned it since she never ate seafood. Pinterest comes in handy every once in a while.
LOL pinterest, half the time my wife is on her phone or surface i say "whatcha doin hun" "Pinterest" is her response but it is good for gettin new ideas :D

lemme guess, all greek, with cheap cheese, run by middle eastern folks?

There's a guy who works in there who will tell you about how he's fucked a girl on every table in the place even if you don't respond when he starts talking. He might even own the place.

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

I don't eat bugs, I don't fucking care if they can swim or hold their breath indefinitely. Well, maybe a few shrimp every now and then.
Are you kosher or something?

Insta pot? You talking pressure cooker?

Fried green tomatoes. I love them. Trying to find places with excellent fried green tomatoes is the trick. My favorite currently come from a local BBQ joint called Pig N Pint. Their are well seasoned and somewhat crisp.