Remember that movie 'Interstellar'?

Ever look at what the Colorado River Delta looks like these days?

Yeah...it's drying right the fuck up and most of it is due to diverting it to places we shouldn't be diverting it to. I agree with the article in that food is going to get harder to get to the masses.

Government isn't the answer. The answer is people better start getting real again.

The government doesn't owe you Colorado River Deltas, and don't you forget it. And stop your crying about it. :yo:

In one hand you want food. In the other you seem stressed about water being diverted to grow food and a dying river system. I tell you to start growing your own food and tell me the only answer is the government.

Now you know why I don't give a fuck if you eat or not. If you're willing to wait on government, I'll already be done eating and telling you to do some dishes if you want some.

It’s not all one thing. I don’t deny climate change, nor our impact towards it (though I quibble on the severity that a certain narrative drives).

Simple fact is we need to be cognizant of all the contributing factors. We need to shift to sustainability as much as it’s preached (or more). But, that also means we have to reign in over development, major corporations controlling the production (or lack there of), etc. It’s all tied together.

Problem is it’s over politicized and has two sides that each have solid ideas, and deny each other’s solid ideas.

Whatever contributing factors you see as the issue leading to a dystopian future we won’t be getting around to curbing them as all we will be doing is sniping at each other instead of building consensus and attacking all the issues.

In one hand you want food. In the other you seem stressed about water being diverted to grow food and a dying river system. I tell you to start growing your own food and tell me the only answer is the government.

Now you know why I don't give a fuck if you eat or not. If you're willing to wait on government, I'll already be done eating and telling you to do some dishes if you want some.
You sure told me.

You sure told me.

Told you? That would imply I had the ability to do so....which I don't. I am telling you that if your article is accurate, the government will prioritize who gets fed what and when. Your guess is as good as mine with respect to where each of us will fall on that list. I'm not so confident the government will look upon me with much care.

You have the god given right to supplement your grocery bill. As well, you have the god given right to wait on someone to bring it to you.

I gave you one State's solution for supplementing the times things are not going so well. That state has the right answer. That's not telling you anything. It was an offer for you to take or leave. Nobody really cares either way.

Told you? That would imply I had the ability to do so....which I don't. I am telling you that if your article is accurate, the government will prioritize who gets fed what and when. Your guess is as good as mine with respect to where each of us will fall on that list. I'm not so confident the government will look upon me with much care.

You have the god given right to supplement your grocery bill. As well, you have the god given right to wait on someone to bring it to you.

I gave you one State's solution for supplementing the times things are not going so well. That state has the right answer. That's not telling you anything. It was an offer for you to take or leave. Nobody really cares either way.
Oh you be caring like a motherfucker. :dhd:

I trust NASA. They don't have an agenda.

Governments around the world, large corporations (even oil companies) are very secretly going very deep on dealing with the changing environment regardless of who or what done it. Its going to affect every bottom line.

No escaping it bro.

The folks who made Thalidomide didn't want to hear what it was doing either.
LOL wut?

That entire organization is founded on shady ass lies and conspiracies. They are the last group you should trust. Money laundering cunts.

Last crop of Okra.

What about the okra?

Fuck okra anyway. Slimy ass shit.

They should plow over all land that grows okra and then salt it so that shit can never grow again.
New Orleans Food GIF by PBS Digital Studios

Interstellar involved a blight that produced too much nitrogen to grow anything. It wasn’t the global warming boggeyman.

Longer growing periods is actually better for agriculture so bring on the warming.

I see the decline due to a few reasons.

Farmland becoming neighborhoods. In just the last 10 years thousands of acres of corn, wheat and cotton fields in North Texas have become neighborhoods.

Giant corporations buying up all the farmlands and shutting down production or alas selling it off for development.

But but "global warming"

People are blind to what's happening right in front of them.
Pretty sure the majority of corn doesn’t come from north of Dallas. :L

Illinois and Iowa still grow a lot of corn. And they are growing more corn than ever actually. They genetically engineer seed so I highly doubt this is an issue. The issue is over population