Who you want?

• Michigan

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Washington

Votes: 40 56.3%
  • Don't care, pass the tater salad

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters
Certainly possible. I don't have issues with fans that are confident. I've only been questioning some of the reasoning used when it seems to entirely ignore logic.

Michigan for sure might control enough clock and get enough stops to win. I'm not convinced that is inevitable though.

I have all the respect in the world for Washington. Picked them to beat Texas on Fan Duel I was so confident in them. I just think this MI team is on another level after seeing them against Ohio State and Alabama.

I have all the respect in the world for Washington. Picked them to beat Texas on Fan Duel I was so confident in them. I just think this MI team is on another level after seeing them against Ohio State and Alabama.
I was worried about UW v Ducks both times, Oregon State (mostly because of the weather), and Texas. Each time though I still didn't count them out because they have seemed to always find a way and a team that passes that well can find a way back into games very very quickly.

Just have to excuse us if we've just had enough of the same old same old every week. We heard it from Duck fans, we heard it from Texas fans (mostly on X and other media), and now Michigan fans. We keep being told over and over that we can't win because we only played against the Pac and people believe it's still a weak conference despite some of the OOC wins proving otherwise. UW is too small. UW doesn't have enough 5*'s. UW can't play defense. It's the same shit every week.

Winning would be awesome, but I doubt any of our fans are going to be heartbroken if it doesn't happen. It's still the single best year of any Pac team in the CFP era and one of the great seasons in UW history. I just want to see a good game and hope no one hurts their draft stock with bad injuries. For either team.

The inconvenient truth regarding Michigan pounding their chests on defense.

Ohio St and Alabama are mere shells of what they've been offensively in the past.
Michigan only beat their 2023 degraded offenses by 6 and 7 points respectively.

Total Offense 2022

Ohio St: 9th
Alabama: 11th

Total Offense 2023

Ohio St: 47th
Alabama: 56th

Passing Offense 2022

Ohio St: 14th
Alabama: 19th

Passing Offenses 2023

Ohio St: 30th
Alabama: 68th

I was worried about UW v Ducks both times, Oregon State (mostly because of the weather), and Texas. Each time though I still didn't count them out because they have seemed to always find a way and a team that passes that well can find a way back into games very very quickly.

Just have to excuse us if we've just had enough of the same old same old every week. We heard it from Duck fans, we heard it from Texas fans (mostly on X and other media), and now Michigan fans. We keep being told over and over that we can't win because we only played against the Pac and people believe it's still a weak conference despite some of the OOC wins proving otherwise. UW is too small. UW doesn't have enough 5*'s. UW can't play defense. It's the same shit every week.

Winning would be awesome, but I doubt any of our fans are going to be heartbroken if it doesn't happen. It's still the single best year of any Pac team in the CFP era and one of the great seasons in UW history. I just want to see a good game and hope no one hurts their draft stock with bad injuries. For either team.

I had you beating Oregon both times and Texas. But I get it. People have been picking against MI every week going back to Harbaugh’s 3 game suspension. Bama was supposed to roll them accordingly to most of social media.

I just think MI will be able to run the ball efficiently and effectively. I read that UW is 41st in rush defense giving up 137 yards a game at 4.5 yd a carry, and that their pass D isn’t top 50.

Meanwhile MI is #2 pass D, #8 rush D.

So really more about feeling good about the match up for MI than anything.

The inconvenient truth regarding Michigan pounding their chests on defense.

Ohio St and Alabama are mere shells of what they've been offensively in the past.
Michigan only beat their 2023 degraded offenses by 6 and 7 points respectively.

Total Offense 2022

Ohio St: 9th
Alabama: 11th

Total Offense 2023

Ohio St: 47th
Alabama: 56th

Passing Offense 2022

Ohio St: 14th
Alabama: 19th

Passing Offenses 2023

Ohio St: 30th
Alabama: 68th

I read where MI held Bama to their lowest total yards of offense over the last seven years.

The first time UW played oregon this year the ducks had just over 200y rushing.
The second time they were held to 125 total rushing yards. They were finally healthy, particularly at safety where they had battled injury most of the year.
Texas had 180y on the ground.

Some of it has been the philosophy. I'm not a fan of bend, don't break, but they have often taken whole sections of a game and just tried to take one thing away from the other side and not give up big plays.

They CAN play defense and can limit the run, but have had games and spells where they haven't. Which D shows up Monday? We will see.

LOL

That's major dumb right there.
You obviously haven't seen any tape at all of Odunze. He arguably had better stats than Harrison Jr so to claim he's a generational talent seems odd. Add to that Penix is the top QB in the game and then add Polk and McMillin and 2 TE's that have crazy good hands and Johnson catching out of the backfield. AND again, the Joe Moore winning offensive line.

FFS man, you are losing ground fast here.
I don't claim it -- the NFL claims it. He could be the #1 pick in the draft.

I love your enthusiasm for your team. I think Washington has a very good offense. But to think Michigan hasn't seen skill position talent like Washington has is humorous. Maybe it hasn't reached the West Coast, but Ohio State recruits at the level of the Alabama and Georgia's, and surpasses them when it comes to skill position talent. No one has skill position talent like OSU has had, especially in the WR room. Hence the reason they are called WR U.

Marvin Harrison Jr. will be the 1st non-QB off the board and could be the #1 pick in the draft if Chicago sticks with Justin Fields. Egbuka is projected to be a 1st round pick in the NFL draft. Behind those two, they have 4 other 5 star recruits waiting in the wings. At RB, they have Tre'veon Henderson, who will be one of the 1st 3 or 4 RB's drafted if he leaves this year. Did I mention, in the last 2 years they have had Garrett Wilson, Jaxon Ngjiba-Smith and Chris Olave -- 3 other 1st round NFL draft picks.

I don't claim it -- the NFL claims it. He could be the #1 pick in the draft.

I love your enthusiasm for your team. I think Washington has a very good offense. But to think Michigan hasn't seen skill position talent like Washington has is humorous. Maybe it hasn't reached the West Coast, but Ohio State recruits at the level of the Alabama and Georgia's, and surpasses them when it comes to skill position talent. No one has skill position talent like OSU has had, especially in the WR room. Hence the reason they are called WR U.

Marvin Harrison Jr. will be the 1st non-QB off the board and could be the #1 pick in the draft if Chicago sticks with Justin Fields. Egbuka is projected to be a 1st round pick in the NFL draft. Behind those two, they have 4 other 5 star recruits waiting in the wings. At RB, they have Tre'veon Henderson, who will be one of the 1st 3 or 4 RB's drafted if he leaves this year. Did I mention, in the last 2 years they have had Garrett Wilson, Jaxon Ngjiba-Smith and Chris Olave -- 3 other 1st round NFL draft picks.
Again, you aren't watching UW and I clearly see that. It's ok, you aren't alone in that.

There have been even Ohio fans that didn't believe their offense was as good this year as it should or has been recently.

But now you say they are better because of people they had in past seasons? lol Keep reaching with strawman arguments. It's really helping your cause.

The degradation of Ohio St and Alabama's offensive production in 2023 doesn't lie.

Remove those two passing offenses from Michigan's schedule and the average passing offenses Michigan's played is 95th.

That average includes the close 31-24 win over Maryland who had the 21st ranked Passing Offense.

Remove Maryland too and Michigan played average passing offenses of 101st. That's an 11 team average.

Again, you aren't watching UW and I clearly see that. It's ok, you aren't alone in that.

There have been even Ohio fans that didn't believe their offense was as good this year as it should or has been recently.

But now you say they are better because of people they had in past seasons? lol Keep reaching with strawman arguments. It's really helping your cause.
They have Marvin Harrison Jr. and Egbuka now. One guy Harrison Jr. who won the Biletnikoff over Odunze. Harrison Jr. is a bigger version than Odunze. Which is why everyone has him as the #1 non-QB to be drafted next year.
I've seen Washington quite a bit -- Odunze is a very good, but he isn't Marvin Harrison Jr. I'm excited to see Odunze against Will Johnson. They are the same size, so it will be fun to see them battle. I'm sure Odunze will get him a few times, but I'm sure Johnson will win a few battles too.

And OSU's offense this year wasn't as good as years past, because the last few years they had the guy tearing up the NFL as their QB (CJ Stroud). They had a 1st year starter this year.

The degradation of Ohio St and Alabama's offensive production in 2023 doesn't lie.

Remove those two passing offenses from Michigan's schedule and the average passing offenses Michigan's played is 95th.

That average includes the close 31-24 win over Maryland who had the 21st ranked Passing Offense.

Remove Maryland too and Michigan played average passing offenses of 101st. That's an 11 team average.
No one is saying Michigan is the 'no fly zone' defense. Michigan just has depth all over on defense. We aren't going to completely shut down Washington. They are going to put up yards and they are going to score points.
But they will be seeing things on defense they haven't seen all year, just as Michigan will be seeing things from their offense. The thing we haven't seen this year their offense has is an elite QB. The skill position (WR, RB) talent Washington has isn't going to shock UM, we see it every year, including this year, from the team who has more skill position talent in the WR and RB rooms than anyone else, every year lately (OSU).

GCT17rMXQAAzr4R
The first time I ever saw those type of T-shirts was in 2014 for Ohio against The World before the Buckeyes beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. That's a bad beat for the Tide! :)

1704342523922.png

They have Marvin Harrison Jr. and Egbuka now. One guy Harrison Jr. who won the Biletnikoff over Odunze. Harrison Jr. is a bigger version than Odunze. Which is why everyone has him as the #1 non-QB to be drafted next year.
I've seen Washington quite a bit -- Odunze is a very good, but he isn't Marvin Harrison Jr. I'm excited to see Odunze against Will Johnson. They are the same size, so it will be fun to see them battle. I'm sure Odunze will get him a few times, but I'm sure Johnson will win a few battles too.

And OSU's offense this year wasn't as good as years past, because the last few years they had the guy tearing up the NFL as their QB (CJ Stroud). They had a 1st year starter this year.
You keep using his perceived draft status as a ranking as if it means something. The best guy at a position in each draft class is never the 2nd, 3rd, or even mid round pickup? It's weak man. You also keep ignoring the experts telling you that UW is an offense unlike anything Michigan has seen this year. You are choosing to pick what you want to hear.

And frankly none of this is necessary. You keep feeling a need to tear down what UW is instead of just saying you like your teams chances and saying good luck.

You 100% have not watched this team and it's obvious. Maybe they will play a decent enough game for them to earn some of your respect.

The first time UW played oregon this year the ducks had just over 200y rushing.
The second time they were held to 125 total rushing yards. They were finally healthy, particularly at safety where they had battled injury most of the year.
Texas had 180y on the ground.

Some of it has been the philosophy. I'm not a fan of bend, don't break, but they have often taken whole sections of a game and just tried to take one thing away from the other side and not give up big plays.

They CAN play defense and can limit the run, but have had games and spells where they haven't. Which D shows up .Monday? We will see.
UM's running game will look nothing like Oregon. UM plays a more physical style running attack, being happy to grind out 3,4,5 yard runs to control the clock and give them 2nd and 6, 2nd and 5, where the whole playbook is open. They try to stay out of the down and distances where defenses know what is coming.

Texas had entirely the wrong game plan against Washington. If they would have ran the ball to set up the pass -- they would have been WAY better off. They averaged 6.5 yards per carry, but refused to stick to it. Instead they had Ewers throwing it all over the place and until the 4th quarter, where Washington seemed to go to a more prevent style to keep the clock running. That's when he started making some throws.

Michigan is the opposite -- they will run the ball and even if it isn't working, they will run the ball some more. It drives the fan base crazy at times, but come the 2nd half -- those short runs start to be longer runs and it opens up the passing game.

Going to be a fun game. Two completely different teams. With different styles.

Again, Odunze wins every stat category-receptions, yards, contested catches, contested catch rate-by a significant margin, the only category he doesn't win is touchdowns, of which he has one less than Harrison Jr. I really don't care that Harrison won the Biletnikoff or got a New York invite, there was no reason he should have over Rome.

What I'm trying to say is Harrison Jr is good, but not quite Odunze.

This year the Big 12 may have been the worst passing conference. QB play wasn’t very good at all IMO. And Texas still struggled in pass defense.
Hey now! Rocco Becht broke Brock Purdy's freshman passing record this year (yards and TDs) and was named Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the year. Followed that up with a school record 446 yards in the Liberty Bowl. So, at least one Big 12 team can pass the football. :)

UM's running game will look nothing like Oregon. UM plays a more physical style running attack, being happy to grind out 3,4,5 yard runs to control the clock and give them 2nd and 6, 2nd and 5, where the whole playbook is open. They try to stay out of the down and distances where defenses know what is coming.

Texas had entirely the wrong game plan against Washington. If they would have ran the ball to set up the pass -- they would have been WAY better off. They averaged 6.5 yards per carry, but refused to stick to it. Instead they had Ewers throwing it all over the place and until the 4th quarter, where Washington seemed to go to a more prevent style to keep the clock running. That's when he started making some throws.

Michigan is the opposite -- they will run the ball and even if it isn't working, they will run the ball some more. It drives the fan base crazy at times, but come the 2nd half -- those short runs start to be longer runs and it opens up the passing game.

Going to be a fun game. Two completely different teams. With different styles.
I've said several times that UW hasn't seen a run game like Michigans this year. Said it along with how Michigan hasn't seen a passing attack anything like UW's. Both of those statements are true.

You keep using his perceived draft status as a ranking as if it means something. The best guy at a position in each draft class is never the 2nd, 3rd, or even mid round pickup? It's weak man. You also keep ignoring the experts telling you that UW is an offense unlike anything Michigan has seen this year. You are choosing to pick what you want to hear.

And frankly none of this is necessary. You keep feeling a need to tear down what UW is instead of just saying you like your teams chances and saying good luck.

You 100% have not watched this team and it's obvious. Maybe they will play a decent enough game for them to earn some of your respect.
Again -- I don't have to say anything -- One wide receiver was a Heisman Finalist. That same WR won the Biletnikoff award. That player is Marvin Harrison Jr. The fact you need this explained to you tells me you don't follow CFB outside of Washington.

Again -- I have said -- Washington's offense will be something we haven't seen. Not because of your WR's, TE's or RB. OSU has more talent at those positions than Washington. It is because of your QB. He will be the best QB we have faced this year.

And I'm not tearing down Washington. Nowhere have I said UM is even going to beat Washington. I think you are confusing me with Rob Base. He is WAY more confident than I am. I think it is going to be a really good game. No chance would I bet on the game though. I think it is going to be a close, hard fought game. I do not see it being a shootout, as some seem to think will happen. I think that, because I know our coach and I know he is going to take the air out of the ball and try to control the line of scrimmage and grind out long drives.

I've said several times that Uasn't seen a run game like Michigans this year. Said it along with how Michigan hasn't seen a passing attack anything like UW's. Both of those statements are true.- pre-snap movement we use to try and find openings to pressure him. If he has all day to throw -- we
Agreed. Michigan has to find a way to get pressure on the QB. If he has time -- he will do damage. I'm interested to see what our DC comes up.

And really, there is nothing special about Michigan running game. Nothing flashy. It is more of a smash mouth style, with play action and lots and lots of pre-snap movement. I think UM is so tough to play against because we have a bunch of guys as old as your QB. We had 6 guys who would have been drafted last year, who came back this year. A few of them were Covid 6th year guys as well.