Who you want?

• Michigan

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Washington

Votes: 40 56.3%
  • Don't care, pass the tater salad

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters
Again -- I don't have to say anything -- One wide receiver was a Heisman Finalist. That same WR won the Biletnikoff award. That player is Marvin Harrison Jr. The fact you need this explained to you tells me you don't follow CFB outside of Washington.
I'm not letting this one go...

Again -- he shouldn't have either of those things over Odunze. Unless... please explain why he should.

2023 Stats: 81 receptions, 1,428 receiving yards, 13 touchdowns, 70.8% contested catch rate (17/24)
2023 Stats: 67 receptions, 1,211 receiving yards, 14 touchdowns, 43.3% contested catch rate (13/30)

One of these won the Biletnikoff award and got an invite to New York for the Heisman ceremony. Guess which one.

I'm not letting this one go...

Again -- he shouldn't have either of those things over Odunze. Unless... please explain why he should.
He absolutely should. No WR in CFB was double teamed more than Harrison Jr. and it didn't matter.

Also -- defenses in the B1G have actual NFL talent in the secondary. For draft eligible players in 2024 -- the B1G has 9 guys in the secondary projected to go in the 1st 3 rounds. The PAC 12 -- they have 1. It is Odunze's teammate, Muhammed (sp).

Odunze is still a tremendous player, but he is a smaller version of Harrison Jr. and Harrison Jr. is the most complete WR CFB has seen in a LOOOONG time. Harrison Jr. is 6'4", arguably the best route runner in all of CFB, has an enormous catch radius, is amazing tracking deep balls and NEVER drops a pass.

Trust me -- I'm NOT looking forward to facing Odunze. I know he will put up some yards on Michigan, but he isn't something we haven't seen after facing Harrison Jr. the last few years.

2023 Stats: 81 receptions, 1,428 receiving yards, 13 touchdowns, 70.8% contested catch rate (17/24)
2023 Stats: 67 receptions, 1,211 receiving yards, 14 touchdowns, 43.3% contested catch rate (13/30)

One of these won the Biletnikoff award and got an invite to New York for the Heisman ceremony. Guess which one.
Now put up the defensive rankings each player faced.

Michigan faced 6 top 25 defenses -- I'm guessing that means OSU faced 7, as they had ND in their OOC.

Washington faced 1.

Again -- I don't have to say anything -- One wide receiver was a Heisman Finalist. That same WR won the Biletnikoff award. That player is Marvin Harrison Jr. The fact you need this explained to you tells me you don't follow CFB outside of Washington.

Again -- I have said -- Washington's offense will be something we haven't seen. Not because of your WR's, TE's or RB. OSU has more talent at those positions than Washington. It is because of your QB. He will be the best QB we have faced this year.

And I'm not tearing down Washington. Nowhere have I said UM is even going to beat Washington. I think you are confusing me with Rob Base. He is WAY more confident than I am. I think it is going to be a really good game. No chance would I bet on the game though. I think it is going to be a close, hard fought game. I do not see it being a shootout, as some seem to think will happen. I think that, because I know our coach and I know he is going to take the air out of the ball and try to control the line of scrimmage and grind out long drives.
And again, it isn't just me saying Odunze is at least as good. It's all over the media world, NFL guys, other coaches. So I'm not missing anything. They are both really good.
The idea that this is an offense the likes you haven't seen simply because of just Penix misses the point. Entirely. It isn't just him, even if he is one of the very best this year. It isn't just Odunze who came in second in the biletnikoff BTW. It isn't that they have 3 other guys that have great hands and route running. It isn't just because they have the award winning O line. It's that they have ALL of that at the same time. Wolverines haven't seen that complete package.

Whether or not UW wins/loses, I'll be curious to see if they earn any respect from you beyond your views today.
Agreed. Michigan has to find a way to get pressure on the QB. If he has time -- he will do damage. I'm interested to see what our DC comes up.

And really, there is nothing special about Michigan running game. Nothing flashy. It is more of a smash mouth style, with play action and lots and lots of pre-snap movement. I think UM is so tough to play against because we have a bunch of guys as old as your QB. We had 6 guys who would have been drafted last year, who came back this year. A few of them were Covid 6th year guys as well.
And yes, there is something different about Michigan's running game. No one in the Pac ran power and had the dedication to the run the way they do. In the past you might have seen a strong Stanford run like that. Maybe flashes of Utah. But none had that this year. They did fine against the finesse/speed game of Oregon, but they have a completely different run game and are not as dedicated to it. The Pac was a passing league this year. A historic passing league at that. This run game will be a test.

UW does have guys they can rotate in on the D line as well and they played some 5-0 fronts v Texas to combat the run and still struggled against it at times. UW won't stop that running attack. At least not with any consistency. Slow it down and force a FG or punt somewhere and do what they do best on offense. That's their hope.

I'd be shocked if UW ends up with 150y of running in the game and I'd expect 1/3 of it to come from Penix running. They will try to spread out the D and force them to blitz so they can get matchups they like in space. It's hard to pass rush this team with a light box when they spread you out. Texas had zero sacks and zero QB pressures. Grubb knows what he's doing.

Michigan is stacked. Aren't they a threat this year to end up with the most number of drafted players from a team ever? Something like that. Let's see how they all do with the pressure entirely on them. Let's see if somehow UW does get a 2 score lead how tight they get. Or maybe if UW has a comeback story late. So many things can happen. I have yet to see this team rattle no matter what the situation is and I've never seen that before.

Just hope for no big injuries. Don't want to see anyone miss out on their NFL payday.

But he's terrible! Plays in a shit league! HE's soo small! (6'3 is small now I guess) Odunze is 1 inch shorter than Harrison Jr and 10lbs heavier. Whatevs. Haters gonna hate I guess.

But he's terrible! Plays in a shit league! HE's soo small! (6'3 is small now I guess) Odunze is 1 inch shorter than Harrison Jr and 10lbs heavier. Whatevs. Haters gonna hate I guess.

Harrison is better because he won the receiver award and was invited to New York. Point out inarguable stats that suggest that shouldn’t be the case, but the defenses in big 10 are better. Point out that really? It seems like that’s at least in part due to the offenses being worse, but the out of conference games we have to go on for comparison don’t count, and around we go.

But let’s face it, Washington just hasn’t had to face any good defenses, as we’ve been assured leading into all the games against good defenses everyone has told us about in previous games.

Shoot. Looks like Marv’s numbers line up more with Polk than Rome….

I think JMac saves the day Monday. That dude has been through the wringer this year and is gonna make some plays. Also think Westover is gonna have to make some plays.

I've been a professional fortune teller since 1984...

and my sports predictions are almost never wrong*

I'm also an old fart who still believes in the classic football adage:

Offense sells tickets
Defense wins games
Special Teams wins Championships

It should be a fun & exciting game...

and I see...

0a79e8730e1031bf7021a26c7014013e.jpg

Michigan winning 34 to 28

*I hardly ever make sports predictions... and professional fortune telling is not about making predictions.

Free will trumps fate. As stated in the Terminator motion pictures: "The future is not set, there is no fate but what we make for ourselves."

What I'm trying to say is Harrison Jr is good, but not quite Odunze.

Both are projected to be top 10 picks in April’s draft. Will be interesting to see where exactly they go.

How are the Lions looking in the playoffs??

Breaking this stuff down on paper is typically a recipe for disaster.

On paper Michigan has been stellar in literally every pass defense statistic. However, they've not faced a passing offense like Washington's.

Passing Offenses

East Carolina (120th)
UNLV (55th)
Bowling Green (104th)
Rutgers (124th)
Nebraska (126th)
Minnesota (123rd)
Indiana (82nd)
Michigan St (96th)
Purdue (84th)
Penn St (78th)
Maryland (21st)
Ohio St (30th)
Iowa (127th)

Alabama (68th)

Washington (1st)

Only two Top 30 passing offenses on the entire schedule in Maryland (21st) and Ohio St (30th). Both were close games at 31-24 and 30-24 respectively.
That's because those teams in bold had to play against those great B1G pass defenses in conference every week.
Did I do that right?

Both are projected to be top 10 picks in April’s draft. Will be interesting to see where exactly they go.
Honestly, I don’t even know what the point of bringing Harrison jr up in this thread was, and I refuse to go back and reread posts.

Hey now! Rocco Becht broke Brock Purdy's freshman passing record this year (yards and TDs) and was named Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the year. Followed that up with a school record 446 yards in the Liberty Bowl. So, at least one Big 12 team can pass the football. :)
Okay. ISU, Texas and OU could throw it....some. I don't think any of the Big 12 QBs this year was a Mahomes, Mayfield, Purdy, etc type. Maybe not even a Mason Rudolph, Max Duggan, etc type.

I'm also an old fart who still believes in the classic football adage:

Offense sells tickets
Defense wins games
Special Teams wins Championships

It should be a fun & exciting game...

and I see...

View attachment 114218

*I hardly ever make sports predictions... and professional fortune telling is not about making predictions.

Free will trumps fate. As stated in the Terminator motion pictures: "The future is not set, there is no fate but what we make for ourselves."

You don't seem to be as much of an old fart as @Jon Deaux, @CorpRebel, @Kburjr, etc.

I heard an interesting comparison yesterday. Someone compared this 2023 Washington team to the 2021 Ohio State team, that Michigan ended up beating. They were saying that they were constructed and built in a way to beat that team with Stroud, Olave, Wilson and JSN. I honestly thought it was pretty spot on. This Michigan team is better than that Michigan team IMO. And this UW team is probably slightly worse than that OSU team, overall, despite being undefeated. My guess is Michigan wins by about 10-14 or so.

It will come down to Washingtons front 7 if this is true.

Michigan didn't have to worry about containing Ohio States offense nearly as much as they should have bc they just ran it down Ohio States throat and the front 7 could do nothing about it

Honestly, I don’t even know what the point of bringing Harrison jr up in this thread was, and I refuse to go back and reread posts.
Someone said Michigan hasn't seen the type of talent Washington has on offense and he said Odunze, another WR and the TE's.

I just reminded him, we play Ohio State every year, who is known as WR U. They have not one, but two WR's who likely be 1st round NFL picks, with Harrison Jr possibly going #1 overall, as well as TE Cade Stover who will be drafted in the top half of the NFL draft next year.

I'm just really hoping the old mantra "Defense wins championships" holds true.