This is the year

AGAIN -- since it is this season's class, which one of the recruits that you haven't signed yet has helped you guys this season?

I said Oregon is recruiting better than Michigan. Do you even present tense, bro?

What makes you think you would beat them? But, I am not sure what makes you think you would be favored against them on a neutral field.

Most of the predictive models put Alabama and Oregon very close and Texas behind them. I'm not the only one who thinks this. It's why the committee has continued to put Oregon as the top one loss team.

ESPN FPI:
Alabama - 4th
Oregon - 5th
Texas - 8th

SP+:
Oregon - 4th
Alabama - 7th
Texas - 8th

Ford Ratings:
Oregon - 4th
Alabama - 6th
Texas - 10th

Sagarin Predictor:
Oregon - 3rd
Alabama - 6th
Texas - 9th

Action Network Power Ratings:
Oregon - 3rd
Alabama - 4th
Texas - 8th

I said -- Michigan and Oregon recruit very comparably. An Oregon fan is the one who said Oregon for sure recruits better than Michigan because of the last 1 or 2 years?!?!

I was agreeing with you. The "on paper" talent is very comparable

The committee is telling you that they are the best 1 loss team. You are the one trying to argue with them.

Exactly. I'm sure the conversation went like this:

Committee Member #1 - Texas has a better resume than Oregon, should we move them over Oregon?

Committee Chairman: Does a single person in this room think Texas would be favored over Oregon on a neutral field?

***Crickets***

Committee Chairman: Ok so we're keeping Oregon at 6

He was upset with me because I pointed out how much better Lanning is recruiting than Harbaugh.

Lanning's 2023 and 2024 class has been better than Harbaugh's. I'm not sure I would say "much" better but it's definitely been better on paper.

Lanning's 2023 and 2024 class has been better than Harbaugh's. I'm not sure I would say "much" better but it's definitely been better on paper.

They are well behind Oregon both years.

They are well behind Oregon both years.

Agree to disagree. Michigan was in the top 20 both years. They were behind but I wouldn't say "well behind".

But I'm not really worried about comparing the program to Michigan. I'm just really excited that Oregon has closed well so far in 2024 and are in the picture for some more big time players in this class. Just need to pair that with a PAC 12 Championship and CFP appearance. Then we'll see this thing take off.

The committee is telling you that they are the best 1 loss team. You are the one trying to argue with them.
I am not sure what your point is.

I don't think the committee has it right.
I laid out some of the reasons why.
Duckboy responded, but didn't really address some of the issues, IMO.
I acknowledged what he said and pointed out a few other things and asked if he would address those.

So, what's your point. Seems like we are having a civil discussion on Oregon v. the other 1 loss teams.

Exactly. I'm sure the conversation went like this:

Committee Member #1 - Texas has a better resume than Oregon, should we move them over Oregon?

Committee Chairman: Does a single person in this room think Texas would be favored over Oregon on a neutral field?

***Crickets***

Committee Chairman: Ok so we're keeping Oregon at 6
So, you are basically saying the eye test favors Oregon even though they haven't beaten a single ranked opponent.

FWIW, I seriously doubt the scenario you painted happened. There are a lot of people who would favor Bama and probably Texas over Oregon on a neutral field, primarily because they don't have a single good win.

I have thought the same thing regarding FSU over Washington. That has made zero sense. Washington should have been ranked above FSU even before their QB went down.

I am not sure what your point is.

I don't think the committee has it right.
I laid out some of the reasons why.
Duckboy responded, but didn't really address some of the issues, IMO.
I acknowledged what he said and pointed out a few other things and asked if he would address those.

So, what's your point. Seems like we are having a civil discussion on Oregon v. the other 1 loss teams.

My point is that ultimately the committee's opinion is the only one that matters.

There are a lot of people who would favor Bama and probably Texas over Oregon on a neutral field, primarily because they don't have a single good win.

Those people aren't on the committee.

So, you are basically saying the eye test favors Oregon even though they haven't beaten a single ranked opponent.

I mean, it's not just me. It's me, the committee and most of the advanced metrics. If the committee really believed Texas would be favored on a neutral field vs Oregon, there's no way Oregon would be ranked higher than them.

If you think the decision should be 100% resume based, I can respect that opinion. However, it's clear the committee uses predictive models to determine who the best team is.