tOfficial B1G Thread

I need one of you B1G homers to "splain me somethin' Lucy". I heard the B1G protocols call for a team not being allowed to play if 5% of tests come back positive. That seems kind of low as Va Tech, Mizzou, etc played without 20+ players a few games...as long as they had sufficient position numbers. Hell, I would think 5% would happen with plain old injuries at some points without adding any COVID numbers.

85 schollys + 15 walk ons = 100 - 5 players = 95. You have to have 95 players? Hell, travel squads are less than that ain't they? Is 5% correct? Sumpin' ain't addin' up.
I actually found out the reason why. It's because the B10 leadership was concerned about the lasting effects of covid. So they wanted the infected players to stay out of playing, and get lots of testing/monitoring relating to that.

Really hoping the B10 reverses course on the 21 days. Seems silly that after they're not contagious by any measure, they can't continue to compete while getting extra monitoring from doctors. I don't want to play 4th string QB Wisconsin.

Really hoping the B10 reverses course on the 21 days. Seems silly that after they're not contagious by any measure, they can't continue to compete while getting extra monitoring from doctors. I don't want to play 4th string QB Wisconsin.

Looks like you won't have too. Apparently he tested positive Saturday, meaning he'll be able to play against Michigan.

Looks like you won't have too. Apparently he tested positive Saturday, meaning he'll be able to play against Michigan.
Everyone on twitter keeps saying he'll miss us. But that would be awesome if he didn't. I don't want to kill a 4th string walkon.

I understand the privacy issue, but has anyone seen if Mertz is symptomatic or not?

I understand the privacy issue, but has anyone seen if Mertz is symptomatic or not?

He looks fine:

tumblr_inline_nx1rgfXjc71r4j8j1_500.gifv

Last time Iowa lost their 1st game of the season was 2013. The last time they lost their 2nd game of the season was 2012. The last time Iowa started 0-2 was 2000 (Ferentz's 2nd year)..

Will Iowa be 0-2 this year? They host Northwestern this week, who dominated the Terps.

Last time Iowa lost their 1st game of the season was 2013. The last time they lost their 2nd game of the season was 2012. The last time Iowa started 0-2 was 2000 (Ferentz's 2nd year)..

Will Iowa be 0-2 this year? They host Northwestern this week, who dominated the Terps.

The West could end up being really weird this year. Especially now, with Wiskys qb issues

Maryland is terrible.......jury is still out on NW as to how much better they actually are than last years disaster

Rumors are Nebraska wants to try and schedule an OOC game. Marshall just had their game postponed, that'd be pretty awesome. Play it on Sunday maybe to get an extra day of prep in. Of course Umass is always looked to get paid(along with getting slaughtered). If I was Purdue, I'd start looking at these options as well.

Nah -- NW is a train wreck. Maryland is just a bigger train wreck. The B1G has a lot of woeful teams this year.