tOfficial B1G Thread

Did not having spring ball effect Michigan State, yes. Implementing a new offense and coaches making assessment of players. But god damn, fumbles are on the players not the coaches. I’m thankful this shit is a short season.
Mel Tucker is a piece of shit and also, fuck msu.

The Minnesota defense ranked 10th last year. I have no idea how many players they lost to graduation/draft but I don't think the Minnesota defense sucks. We've also played some pretty lowly "ranked" teams in the 5 years of Harbaugh prior that we haven't done this to.
Yeah, and Miss State set a record against the defending National Champions in game one and how has that turned out?

Like I said, total overreactions after week 1...both ways. (and some subsequent weeks.) "Oh this team is great." "Oh this team sucks." Blah, blah, blah. We'll have the same overreactions once the PAC 12 starts....just like the ACC, SEC and Big 12 had.

Especially this year. Who knows what kind of team will be put on the field every week?

Hoping it was a false positive test. I think I heard that if he's out, Wisconsin will be forced to use their 3rd string QB (Not sure what happened to their 2nd string).

Yeah Coan is injured. I'm assuming he'll be out that game.

The Minnesota defense ranked 10th last year. I have no idea how many players they lost to graduation/draft but I don't think the Minnesota defense sucks. We've also played some pretty lowly "ranked" teams in the 5 years of Harbaugh prior that we haven't done this to.

They were 39th in efficiency, which I think is a better indicator of analyzing a unit. They only returned 4 starters on defense. They were do to take a big step back.

Did Mel Ticker take your wife or knock up your daughter on his way out of Colorado?
No, the sumbitch never even offered to take the wife, but that would certainly match his character. Good luck with him.

Welp

Reactions: Me
I need one of you B1G homers to "splain me somethin' Lucy". I heard the B1G protocols call for a team not being allowed to play if 5% of tests come back positive. That seems kind of low as Va Tech, Mizzou, etc played without 20+ players a few games...as long as they had sufficient position numbers. Hell, I would think 5% would happen with plain old injuries at some points without adding any COVID numbers.

85 schollys + 15 walk ons = 100 - 5 players = 95. You have to have 95 players? Hell, travel squads are less than that ain't they? Is 5% correct? Sumpin' ain't addin' up.

I need one of you B1G homers to "splain me somethin' Lucy". I heard the B1G protocols call for a team not being allowed to play if 5% of tests come back positive. That seems kind of low as Va Tech, Mizzou, etc played without 20+ players a few games...as long as they had sufficient position numbers. Hell, I would think 5% would happen with plain old injuries at some points without adding any COVID numbers.

85 schollys + 15 walk ons = 100 - 5 players = 95. You have to have 95 players? Hell, travel squads are less than that ain't they? Is 5% correct? Sumpin' ain't addin' up.
I think it took convincing for some presidents at some schools (certainly not ours cough cough) to play this season. And because of that, they implemented hyper conservatives rules around covid. 21 days sitting out, 5% tests shut down a team...ect

I could be wrong, but I think it's 5% of everyone... Players, coaches, support staff.

I think it took convincing for some presidents at some schools (certainly not ours cough cough) to play this season. And because of that, they implemented hyper conservatives rules around covid. 21 days sitting out, 5% tests shut down a team...ect
So a reasonable person could logically conclude everyone will get shut down at some point...unless some number fudging is going on.

So a reasonable person could logically conclude everyone will get shut down at some point...unless some number fudging is going on.
I think we went into this season never expecting to play a full schedule. Games will get cancelled.

I think we went into this season never expecting to play a full schedule. Games will get cancelled.
Yeah, with those protocols I can see those type of expectations. Still think on an average year teams play with a lot more regular injuries than that.

Yeah, with those protocols I can see those type of expectations. Still think on an average year teams play with a lot more regular injuries than that.
Also, FWIW, I think the 5% rule is new cases each week, not a cumulative number

I believe the 5% is the actual CDC guideline. Elementary and High schools are doing the same thing. If a school reaches 5% they have to go to remote learning for, I believe 2-3 weeks, before they can go back to face to face learning.

The 5% is much better than high school tram guidelines. You have one player test positive and you can to cancel the game

Also, FWIW, I think the 5% rule is new cases each week, not a cumulative number
I believe it is cumulative and as the players who test positive quarantine, once the quarantine is up, they drop off and the number goes down accordingly.

I believe it is cumulative and as the players who test positive quarantine, once the quarantine is up, they drop off and the number goes down accordingly.
It's 5% positivity rate over a rolling 7 day average.

The 7.5% might (not sure) include quarantined players