tOfficial B1G Thread

Don't want to make Husker Nation sound to pathetic.

I can see corn putting up some points on us but I dont think theyll really be able to stop us at all

55-21 type game maybe.

I can see corn putting up some points on us but I dont think theyll really be able to stop us at all

55-21 type game maybe.

I don't think any realistic Husker fan is expecting a victory on Saturday but I think with the craziness of this season and no spring football etc. and what we have seen from other teams around college football so far I think there's a sliver of hope that the unexpected could happen. I know one thing, I'd rather play tOSU in week 1 than in week 8.

I'm at least looking forward to seeing if the Huskers have made any progress in closing the gap against the top teams and getting a gauge for how far they still have to go.

It's about fookin' time. B1G Boy football is finally here!
big-ten-150x150.png

Reactions: Me
I don't think any realistic Husker fan is expecting a victory on Saturday but I think with the craziness of this season and no spring football etc. and what we have seen from other teams around college football so far I think there's a sliver of hope that the unexpected could happen. I know one thing, I'd rather play tOSU in week 1 than in week 8.

I'm at least looking forward to seeing if the Huskers have made any progress in closing the gap against the top teams and getting a gauge for how far they still have to go.
I'm expecting a game, due to the layoff.. we've seen it over and over last month. This will be NE best shot to shock tosu

Ohio State will likely steamroll Nebraska, but damn this conference feels like it's turning into the ACC. College football is more enjoyable with teams like Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, and Penn State being top 15 teams.

I like PJ and would like to see Minnesota becoming a top 25 team, but this is a league dominated by 1 team and 1 team only, and it's been that way for far too long.

Ohio State will likely steamroll Nebraska, but damn this conference feels like it's turning into the ACC. College football is more enjoyable with teams like Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, and Penn State being top 15 teams.

I like PJ and would like to see Minnesota becoming a top 25 team, but this is a league dominated by 1 team and 1 team only, and it's been that way for far too long.
TBH it's been like this for awhile.. this year is no different. Bama looks most vulnerable on defense but is clearly the best offensive team in the SEC. Clemson is pillaging everyone in the ACC, right now tosu seems to be in line to do the same, but we'll see soon enough.

Nebraska and Ohio State? Nebraska easily did the most pushing Ohio State originally voted to delay the season. They originally voted to push it to the spring. Iowa originally voted to have a fall season. They also had parents write letters to have the season.

Nebraska and Ohio State? Nebraska easily did the most pushing Ohio State originally voted to delay the season. They originally voted to push it to the spring. Iowa originally voted to have a fall season. They also had parents write letters to have the season.

Nobody cares about Iowa

TBH it's been like this for awhile.. this year is no different. Bama looks most vulnerable on defense but is clearly the best offensive team in the SEC. Clemson is pillaging everyone in the ACC, right now tosu seems to be in line to do the same, but we'll see soon enough.

Agreed and I said as much at the end of the post.

In the SEC though, we still have years where we have teams outside of Alabama as a NC contender. LSU and UGA being the most recent.

When was the last REAL NC contender from the Big Ten that wasn't OSU?

Agreed and I said as much at the end of the post.

In the SEC though, we still have years where we have teams outside of Alabama as a NC contender. LSU and UGA being the most recent.

When was the last REAL NC contender from the Big Ten that wasn't OSU?
Not Our Rival in 2016 and they didn't even get invited to CFP.
Imagine being one of their fans and you got to see them beating Ohio State, winning the BIG and still having to witness the CFP committee pick Ohio State over your team.

Stay mad forever Not Our Rival

Ohio State will likely steamroll Nebraska, but damn this conference feels like it's turning into the ACC, SEC and the Big 12 . College football is more enjoyable with teams like Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, and Penn State being top 15 teams.

FIFY - Only the PAC 12 has had much variety in their conference champions. In fact, they are the only P5 conference that hasn't had any back to back champions in the CFP era.

ACC - Mainly Clemson
B1G - Mainly Ohio State
Big 12 - Mainly Oklahoma
SEC - Mainly Alabama

CFP Era P5 Conference Champions:
ACC - Clemson, 5 of 6. '14 FSU, '15 Clemson, '16 Clemson, '17 Clemson, '18 Clemson, '19 Clemson
B1G - Ohio State 4 of 6 '14 Ohio State, '15 Michigan State, '16 Penn State, '17 Ohio State, '18 Ohio State, '19 Ohio State.
Big 12 - Oklahoma 5 of 6 '14 Baylor/TCU, '15 Oklahoma, '16 Oklahoma, '17 Oklahoma, '18 Oklahoma, '19 Oklahoma
PAC 12 - '14 Oregon, '15 Stanford, '16 Washington, '17 USC, '18 Washington, '19 Oregon
SEC - Alabama 4 of 6. '14 Alabama, '15 Alabama, '16 Alabama, '17 Georgia, '18, Alabama, '19 LSU

FIFY - Only the PAC 12 has had much variety in their conference champions. In fact, they are the only P5 conference that hasn't had any back to back champions in the CFP era.

ACC - Mainly Clemson
B1G - Mainly Ohio State
Big 12 - Mainly Oklahoma
SEC - Mainly Alabama

CFP Era P5 Conference Champions:
ACC - Clemson, 5 of 6. '14 FSU, '15 Clemson, '16 Clemson, '17 Clemson, '18 Clemson, '19 Clemson
B1G - Ohio State 4 of 6 '14 Ohio State, '15 Michigan State, '16 Penn State, '17 Ohio State, '18 Ohio State, '19 Ohio State.
Big 12 - Oklahoma 5 of 6 '14 Baylor/TCU, '15 Oklahoma, '16 Oklahoma, '17 Oklahoma, '18 Oklahoma, '19 Oklahoma
PAC 12 - '14 Oregon, '15 Stanford, '16 Washington, '17 USC, '18 Washington, '19 Oregon
SEC - Alabama 4 of 6. '14 Alabama, '15 Alabama, '16 Alabama, '17 Georgia, '18, Alabama, '19 LSU

But I was referring to the CFP.

SEC - Alabama (5)**, LSU (1)*, UGA (1)
ACC - Clemson (5)**, FSU (1)
PAC12 - Oregon (1), Washington (1)
Big12 - Oklahoma (4)
Big10 - Ohio State (3)*, Michigan State (1)
Other - ND (1)

*= Nattys

And I shockingly forget about MSU's 2015 appearance, but quickly remembered that bashing.

But I was referring to the CFP.

SEC - Alabama (5)**, LSU (1)*, UGA (1)
ACC - Clemson (5)**, FSU (1)
PAC12 - Oregon (1), Washington (1)
Big12 - Oklahoma (4)
Big10 - Ohio State (3)*, Michigan State (1)
Other - ND (1)

*= Nattys

And I shockingly forget about MSU's 2015 appearance, but quickly remembered that bashing.
So was I. One can validly argue that the CFP history shows that four of the five conferences have really been dominated by one team each.