tOfficial B1G Thread

So was I. One can validly argue that the CFP history shows that four of the five conferences have really been dominated by one team each.

But the dominance by OSU and Oklahoma in their respective conferences is nothing like Alabama in the SEC. There is a lot more teams to challenge Bama then what Oklahoma and OSU have to deal with.

But the dominance by OSU and Oklahoma in their respective conferences is nothing like Alabama in the SEC. There is a lot more teams to challenge Bama then what Oklahoma and OSU have to deal with.
A lot more? It's been GA in the East and LSU who caught lightning in a bottle.. they have been solid but haven't been a real threat since 2011 when they made it to the BCS championship, prior to last season.

A lot more? It's been GA in the East and LSU who caught lightning in a bottle.. they have been solid but haven't been a real threat since 2011 when they made it to the BCS championship, prior to last season.

In the East, we have seen UGA and UF in the Championship Game

In the West we have seen Bama and LSU, and in the odd year, Auburn in the Championship game.

In the East, we have seen UGA and UF in the Championship Game

In the West we have seen Bama and LSU, and in the odd year, Auburn in the Championship game.
but is there a real difference between FL and psu? Auburn won a championship in the CFP era?

The divide is getting bigger and bigger..

but is there a real difference between FL and psu? Auburn won a championship in the CFP era?

The divide is getting bigger and bigger..
No and no.

I do think the divide is getting bigger, but I point still remains that we are seeing a strange time in college football where we have so many 'elite' teams being mediocre.

Michigan, Texas, USC, Nebraska, and the big 3 in Florida.

These don't indicate a lot of difference in the "dominance/challenge" regarding conference superiority. Perception is it has been easier for Clem and OU but that may just be that...perception. OU has lost the most conference games in that period. It looks to me like Bama and tOSU are equal in dominating their conferences. AGAIN, both have won four of six conference championships since the inception of the CFP. And both are the only teams to have NOT won their conference and still received a CFP bid.

Clemson - (44-4)
2014 - 6-2 losses to FSU, Ga Tech
2015 - 8-0
2016 - 7-1 loss to Pitt
2017 - 7-1 loss to Syracuse
2018 - 8-0
2019 - 8-0

Ohio State - (46-4)
2014 - 8-0
2015 - 7-1 loss to Michigan State
2016 - 8-1 loss to Penn State
2017 - 8-1 loss to Iowa
2018 - 8-1 loss to Purdue
2019 - 9-0

Oklahoma (46-8)
2014 - 5-4 losses to TCU, KSU, Baylor, Oklahoma State
2015 - 8-1 loss to Texas
2016 - 9-0
2017 - 8-1 loss to Iowa State
2018 - 8-1 loss to Texas
2019 - 8-1 loss to Kansas State

Alabama (43-5)
2014 - 7-1 loss to Ole Miss
2015 - 7-1 loss to Ole Miss
2016 - 8-0
2017 - 7-1 loss to Auburn
2018 - 8-0
2019 - 6-2 losses to LSU, Auburn

Conference records do not include CCGs. 8 vs 9 game conference schedules not factored for either.

These don't indicate a lot of difference in the "dominance/challenge" regarding conference superiority. Perception is it has been easier for Clem and OU but that may just be that...perception. OU has lost the most conference games in that period. It looks to me like Bama and tOSU are equal in dominating their conferences. AGAIN, both have won four of six conference championships since the inception of the CFP. And both are the only teams to have NOT won their conference and still received a CFP bid.

Clemson - (44-4)
2014 - 6-2 losses to FSU, Ga Tech
2015 - 8-0
2016 - 7-1 loss to Pitt
2017 - 7-1 loss to Syracuse
2018 - 8-0
2019 - 8-0

Ohio State - (46-4)
2014 - 8-0
2015 - 7-1 loss to Michigan State
2016 - 8-1 loss to Penn State
2017 - 8-1 loss to Iowa
2018 - 8-1 loss to Purdue
2019 - 9-0

Oklahoma (46-8)
2014 - 5-4 losses to TCU, KSU, Baylor, Oklahoma State
2015 - 8-1 loss to Texas
2016 - 9-0
2017 - 8-1 loss to Iowa State
2018 - 8-1 loss to Texas
2019 - 8-1 loss to Kansas State

Alabama (43-5)
2014 - 7-1 loss to Ole Miss
2015 - 7-1 loss to Ole Miss
2016 - 8-0
2017 - 7-1 loss to Auburn
2018 - 8-0
2019 - 6-2 losses to LSU, Auburn

Conference records do not include CCGs. 8 vs 9 game conference schedules not factored for either.
I do see what you are saying, but there is a massive difference from losing to Pitt and Syracuse compared to losing to LSU/Auburn or a MSU/PSU.

Maybe the Big Ten and SEC are more similar than I perceived, but I doubt you could find me a stat that would suggest that the ACC has any real competition whatsoever.

I do see what you are saying, but there is a massive difference from losing to Pitt and Syracuse compared to losing to LSU/Auburn or a MSU/PSU.

Maybe the Big Ten and SEC are more similar than I perceived, but I doubt you could find me a stat that would suggest that the ACC has any real competition whatsoever.
The winner from the ACC has done pretty well in the CFP.. regardless if the conference is weak or strong. They have maimed everyone so far in their path this season.
I know Bama is good.. but after them it's GA, then...?

I'm not talking "good losses" vs "bad losses" or even which conference is the best. I'm just pointing out recent conference dominance is just about the same for four of the P5 conferences.

And I most of the responsibility falls on the other conference members for not stepping up...not on those four that have.

The winner from the ACC has done pretty well in the CFP.. regardless if the conference is weak or strong. They have maimed everyone so far in their path this season.
I know Bama is good.. but after them it's GA, then...?
1603468376069.png

Rondale Moore ruled out this week with no reason given. Gonna be really shitty if the Big10 is already losing star players for 3 weeks before the first kickoff.

Reactions: Me
Every conference is top heavy, maybe the SEC and B1G have better good teams but when it's all said and done. There are only a couple teams, in some instances, one team from each conference representing it's team in the CFP. Yes, you could say Clemson has in the weakest conference, maybe the PAC now but they still can compete with any team year in and year out.

SEC - Bama, UGA (1), LSU (1) - Bama - two titles, LSU - one title
B1G - Ohio State, Michigan St (1) - Ohio State - one title
BIG 12 - Oklahoma - no titles
PAC - Washington (1), Oregon (1) - no titles
ACC - Florida St (1), Clemson - Clemson - two titles
Independent - Notre Dame (1)

I'm interested to see Petras and how he plays. Word is hes basically a faster and more athletic version of Stanley. Iowa is pretty loaded on offense if Petras is good. D has more question marks but the D always seems to be good. I'll say 6-2 but honestly couox see anything from 4-4 to 8-0 almost solely depending on how good the QB plays

In the B10 there's been at least 6 programs with a legit shot to make the playoff going into the final week of the regular season at least once

Osu
Michigan
Msu
Psu
Wisky
Iowa

Honestly you could probably even include Minnesota as if they'd won vs Wisky and then beat osu last year they likely get in too

In the SEC that number is less than 6 even with the leagues dominance

Bama
Lsu
Uga
Auburn

ACC, B12, P12 all have less than the SEC in that regard

So, this game...

In the B10 there's been at least 6 programs with a legit shot to make the playoff going into the final week of the regular season at least once

Osu
Michigan
Msu
Psu
Wisky
Iowa

Honestly you could probably even include Minnesota as if they'd won vs Wisky and then beat osu last year they likely get in too

In the SEC that number is less than 6 even with the leagues dominance

Bama
Lsu
Uga
Auburn

ACC, B12, P12 all have less than the SEC in that regard

Some of that is due to scheduling. If UF/UGA was the last game of the year like OSU/Michigan, UF would have been in the same boat as Michigan. Also, OSU probably would have gotten in regardless in 2014, but Miss St was ranked #4 in the final week in 2014. They lost but a win there and who knows?

Long, long rebuild ahead in East Lansing.