tOfficial “Weed Growers” Thread

Just found the last of a pint jar of 'Triks' autoflower I forgot about.

Have to say..... not to shabby.

It's like finding money in your coat pocket.

Yessir, but my statement still holds true. Seems like it would be a pain.

I'm not into gadgets. A guy gave me a bud shredder one time. Looked like a silver hockey puck.

Used it once and lost interest.

Maybe back in the day when smoldering herb was an all day marathon. But now, I can pick off exactly what I'm going to smoke with ease. Thumb and index finger are lickable.

Just found the last of a pint jar of 'Triks' autoflower I forgot about.

Have to say..... not to shabby.

It's like finding money in your coat pocket.

Better.

Except I've never misplaced anything like that.

TV remotes are a horse of another colour...

Have to tell everyone.
Way better than 'not too shabby'

Cheech And Chong Weed GIF

anybody here been to Wall, south dakota, near the Badlands National Park?

Except I've never misplaced anything like that.
Yeah, it was more of it getting shoved into the corner.
I have quite a few jars of different stuff I've been experimenting with.
Some pretty good, some just terrible.

I put it in the jar on 8-1 and must have been picking at it for a while.

It's collapsing.
Said it's been going downhill since the Recreational Question was voted down.

They didn't touch on the fact that legal weed growing is probably a large part of failing businesses.
I know that has to be some of it.
I grew quite a bit this Summer, all legal, so I'll have no need to buy any for a long time, unless I want a change of pace.

It said that production in the State is 64x what is needed.
Well duh.

@beardown07
I just found a seed in an Autoflower that I grew this Summer.
For some reason, I don't know why, I thought Autoflowers didn't do that.

If I plant/grow this, is there a 50/50 chance of it being a male Autoflower ???

@beardown07

Any female plant that is hit with male pollen is going to create a seed. Only one seed is a very good thing because it tells me there wasn't a male plant close by. If this plant was grown outdoors, an insect could have transported pollen from a good distance. Nature tries very hard to reproduce.

@beardown07

Higher tendency to be a hermaphrodite.

Autoflowers are just not based on light cycles. They have a fixed flowering time. They can still be pollinated and/or "herm out" and pollinate itself. Tho generally the shorter growing period prevents the seeds from developing too much. How'd the bud turn out otherwise?

You can get the purest female and even it will herm out to survive. If you never cut it down, it would eventually herm out, seed itself and begin producing seeds to survive and grow again. Keep it thriving, cut it down when it's ready, and there will be no seeds, unless there are males nearby, like @dikowt dowg said.

Higher tendency to be a hermaphrodite.

Autoflowers are just not based on light cycles. They have a fixed flowering time. They can still be pollinated and/or "herm out" and pollinate itself. Tho generally the shorter growing period prevents the seeds from developing too much. How'd the bud turn out otherwise?

You can get the purest female and even it will herm out to survive. If you never cut it down, it would eventually herm out, seed itself and begin producing seeds to survive and grow again. Keep it thriving, cut it down when it's ready, and there will be no seeds, unless there are males nearby, like @dikowt dowg said.
I noticed that it did seem like a small seed.

I think I'll just throw it away.

I went into one of our non-government pot shops today to have a look. Left with 30 mL of Indica-based THC drops. 970 mg of THC and 30 mils. Cost $34.
And I also picked up for the first time in ages that didn’t come from my fingers at pruning time some really nice black hash. 2 g. Cost $21.

I haven’t tried the drops yet, but they are different than the drops I’ve been buying from the government store. I did try the hash as soon as I got home. Two little tiny hits just for gauging its strength. Pretty good stuff if I do say so myself.

Turns out they’ve got a website and they deliver. They have everything.

The Indica juice is sweet as well. .5 ml and I'm cooking with gas!!

And I just picked up 1 ounce of black hash for $100 taxes all in delivered.

So fucking civilized. Nothing at all like going down to bars looking around for guys who might be packing. Or sitting in a car outside of a house while someone else runs inside to score.

Currently loving my black hash. Great initial kick. 3 little chunks get you orbiting and anything beyond that clears the bases. If I don’t get tempted to gobble the odd gram and stick to my cake and drops for that, I bet I can get 10 months minimum out of it.

Wouldn't those be autoflowers ???

I imagine they could be but I don't believe that isn't what the article is going for. The way I read what is happening with these new genetically altered plants is the plant begins the flowering process immediately. Where currently we wait several weeks before we cut light back to force plants to start flowering. We do that so the plant builds up mass to support bud growth. This somehow bypasses that requirement.