tOfficial “Weed Growers” Thread

I grew a species of Autoflower last Summer called Muchacha from Twenty20, and had 3 plants that I harvested.

I was initially disappointed in the initial smoke, but it didn't have but a couple of weeks on it. So I put it back and have just now been smoking on it. And I have to tell you it's fucking great. Blew me away. Hadn't opened it or burped it in 5 months.

About 3 oz's worth in total, in 3 different jars, because I staggered the harvests.
I've gone thru 2 jars and have started on the 3rd.

This 3rd jar of is full of seeds. But the quality/high is still the same as the first 2 jars. I mean tons of seeds. And never noticed when I harvested it.

Question: Will I get the same quality plant with theses seeds as I did the original seeds ?? Or are have these seeds morphed into something else, like dirt weed or something not worth bothering with.

It would be great if I had a couple hundred seeds that were really good.

@beardown07 you know more about this than anyone.
What is going on here.

I grew a species of Autoflower last Summer called Muchacha from Twenty20, and had 3 plants that I harvested.

I was initially disappointed in the initial smoke, but it didn't have but a couple of weeks on it. So I put it back and have just now been smoking on it. And I have to tell you it's fucking great. Blew me away. Hadn't opened it or burped it in 5 months.

About 3 oz's worth in total, in 3 different jars, because I staggered the harvests.
I've gone thru 2 jars and have started on the 3rd.

This 3rd jar of is full of seeds. But the quality/high is still the same as the first 2 jars. I mean tons of seeds. And never noticed when I harvested it.

Question: Will I get the same quality plant with theses seeds as I did the original seeds ?? Or are have these seeds morphed into something else, like dirt weed or something not worth bothering with.

It would be great if I had a couple hundred seeds that were really good.

@beardown07 you know more about this than anyone.
What is going on here.

I'm not @beardown07 but seeds are cheap enough and the gentics are off the charts. Throw that shit away and get something from Humbolt or ethos. I don't know anything about Muchacha. If they are a good seed bank, buy some from them. But tell them no hermaphrodites.

Humbolt and ethos won't treat you like that.

I'm not @beardown07 but seeds are cheap enough and the gentics are off the charts. Throw that shit away and get something from Humbolt or ethos. I don't know anything about Muchacha. If they are a good seed bank, buy some from them. But tell them no hermaphrodites.

Humbolt and ethos won't treat you like that.
Yup. A Herm's a herm's a herm.

Humbolt or ethos.
I'll look into those
I have already purchesed some autoflower seeds of the stuff that was the best from last year.

But still need some more seeds. We get up 12 plants at a time, so the Summer should give me 24-36 plants to harvest.

So I noticed a small weed plant that had sprouted in the flower bed I used to grow in last year, a few days ago.
1708545157958.png

So this thing is about 6 inches tall now, and bushy.
It's slow growing in the cold weather, but now that we are hitting 80 degrees, it's liking it more.

No freeze in sight for the next 10 days.
Have no idea what it is

I'll look into those
I have already purchesed some autoflower seeds of the stuff that was the best from last year.

But still need some more seeds. We get up 12 plants at a time, so the Summer should give me 24-36 plants to harvest.

lol...I'm cutting back from what I grew last year. Up until last week, I had several plants still hanging in the barn. I gave away a few. I threw the rest into the fire last weekend during clean up.

I have a small chest freezer full of bud still remaining waiting on me to make rosin.

Yup. A Herm's a herm's a herm.

Just for curiosities sake, I'm going to plant a few of these seeds and see what happens.

any predictions what I'm going to get ??

Chris Tucker Smoking GIF

lol....They could produce some great smoke. But just in case, keep them away from your other plants.
I'll grow these seeds in 10 gal grow bags, away from the others, on the other side of the yard.
Hope that's far enough away

I paid $40 for 3 autoflower seeds mail order. I'm interested to see how they proceed.

I'll do those first and maybe order a few more seeds in May. And try some late-brakers...

Out of the blue after a really cold spell followed by a really wet spell (atmospheric river?!) we now have a long stretch of 20 C weather. Crazy. It will for sure fuck up the fruit trees as they will flower and bees won't be around yet.

I'm still 60 days away from putting plants in the ground.
I have never grown any plants and I may have asked this before but do you clone any, and if so, how many clones can you make from a mature plant?

I have never grown any plants and I may have asked this before but do you clone any, and if so, how many clones can you make from a mature plant?
I tried this last year with no real success.
Also, clones don't have a tap root like a seed does, if that makes any difference to you.

Try an autoflower. 90 day wonders. Quick, in and out. It doesn't take 6 months to discover something is wrong.

Plenty. Infinite, if you stagger it and keep it in a vegetative state through light cycles. It's called a mother plant, and back in the day, it was pretty much the ONLY way to insure you were getting female plants.

Bonus!

My seeds arrived and they sent me 5, not 3.

I may start 2 today in the basement of my shop under some grow tubes for now.

:yes: I've been sent a lot of free seeds that way. It's neat to try out the different strains they are working on or getting rid of.

:yes: I've been sent a lot of free seeds that way. It's neat to try out the different strains they are working on or getting rid of.
I did that.
Bought 9 seeds of one strain, got 2 free of a different strain
That's for this Summer. Can't remember what the 2 free ones were called though.

I did that.
Bought 9 seeds of one strain, got 2 free of a different strain
That's for this Summer. Can't remember what the 2 free ones were called though.

I have mine catalogued and in their own little containers. :laugh: