tReal Official Night Shift v67 powered by BitVCash and Spontaneous Dance Parties

This is nature punishing me for needing the Flyers to win
Detroit also won in OT, so you still would have been out, but there was lots of talk that Tortorella knew the Flyers were out and he pulled the goalie anyway

Wellllllll, he didn't :rant:

He gave me double the chances of recurrence than my surgeon gave (40 to 20). Suggested a year of immunotherapy which might get me another 10% off. Still doesn't seem worth it to me but it rattled the wife a bit. Now we want clarity on why they both gave me such a different number.

Well, damn him!!!
I hope you're able to get clarity as quickly as possible and basically learn its just the oncologist being extra conservative/precautious.

Well, damn him!!!
I hope you're able to get clarity as quickly as possible and basically learn its just the oncologist being extra conservative/precautious.
Thanks...we suspect that the surgeon is the one being a little too optimistic. Couple a googlie searches have confirmed the 40% figure (39%, actually), based on the type of tumor I had. Therapy would only be for a year but it's every six weeks, and would essentially take up half a day.

If the family says they feel more comfortable with the drugs, I can deal with some side effects. If they get too severe, they stop the treatments. Either way, I would get scans for the next several years to check on any new growths. I'm cool with taking the risk but gotta make sure we're all on the same page.

Thanks...we suspect that the surgeon is the one being a little too optimistic. Couple a googlie searches have confirmed the 40% figure (39%, actually), based on the type of tumor I had. Therapy would only be for a year but it's every six weeks, and would essentially take up half a day.

If the family says they feel more comfortable with the drugs, I can deal with some side effects. If they get too severe, they stop the treatments. Either way, I would get scans for the next several years to check on any new growths. I'm cool with taking the risk but gotta make sure we're all on the same page.
We want you humorous.

Not tumorous.

The good news: In-N-Out Burger is opening in WA state!

The bad news: Their location will be 186 miles south of me. :facepalm:

Got it.
Sending one of these your way and your familiy's way.

:hug:

^^^

Don't even say it.
No, it doesn't.

Got it.
Sending one of these your way and your familiy's way.

:hug:

^^^

Don't even say it.
No, it doesn't.
episode 14 GIF

@Hu War Yu, though I’ve only had skin cancers, I feel for ya. Mohs surgery is a little weird, but it’s nothing like your experience. Heal thyself and be free of demon C. :amen:

And now it's time for another installment of "Cali's Random Tirades."

Today's theme is: Every problem in the world is not due to the fucking patriarchy.

Look, if you want attribute every ill to one cause, at least be creative enough to come up with a few synonymous terms for it. Most people, even if they think there are some instances where whatever could apply, will get tired of hearing the same word over and over - to a point the word loses meaning and they just start to tune it out.

If I have to read one more time about how this or that is due to the patricarchy ... please, just stfu. Even if you're about to make a valid and brilliant point, I won't see it, 'cause I'll just tune it right on out.

Thus endeth today's instament of "Cali's Random Tirades."