Twelve Kitchen Cabinets

Here's my situation Petey. I have three full tiles (12"x12") and a partial and I will need three more tiles to complete the job. Before my roommate left for the weekend she asked me not to start until she is here. I think she lacks confidence in me for this task but I'm not lacking in confidence because you en-COURAGE-d me, of course I can cut straight lines!

So instead I kep painting stuff, I still have one more door to paint black after this one.

View attachment 43377
The front door was white and I just started prime painting it.

View attachment 43378
This is after one coat of primer and with such an uneven finish, a second coat of primer makes a big difference in the final finish.
Bailey just HAS to STAY in my way all day long! He has the whole house to loaf around in and he insists on keeping an eye on me! I like it though, he is the coolest pooch on the entire Planet Earth!

View attachment 43379
I will get a couple top coats on today.
I have a whole system for painting raised panel doors. Looking good.

I have a whole system for painting raised panel doors. Looking good.
Maybe you could share it sometime when you have a minute. Today Pete, I'm fixing an oversight, blunder, mistake whatever you call it. When I moved that electric outlet and speaker connections outlet to the inside the living room cabinet I didn't realize I needed a coax cable too. I thought all that stuff just got beamed around wireless!

The problem is there is some work that needs done near the basement ceiling and as a Clumsy Senior, ladders are to be avoided at all costs! It looks like I'm gonna have to call in a favor from my He-Hag, he only lives 4 miles away, I could ride my Clumsy Cart to his house, it can go 12 miles on a full charge, drag his hag ass back to my place on the handlebars and put his lard to work!

He can walk back home, fat fuck could stand to drop a few pounds. Not me though! My fat is hot! They call me Mustard Tits!

These are the coax cables to be moved. I friggin love these kind of tasks.
coaxial cable.jpg

And this is where it's going. I will sneak up through a hole in the floor of the cabinet. And this way no cables will be hanging all over the place, all cables and wires will be behind the walls for a neat and tidy finish.
coax cable destintion.jpg

Here is the front door finished.
front door black.jpg

And this back door, what do you guys think about that I removed the PLASTIC fake mullions to make a single large window look like a french door? My fiance' was livid when she saw it and it's true, I did it without talking to her first but I think it might be growing on her. A huge bump in my favor was my He-Hag and his wife loved the look w/o the plastic grid, AKA fake PLASTIC mullions. Here are the pics:
back door.jpg
back door black.jpg

View attachment 44062

And this back door, what do you guys think about that I removed the PLASTIC fake mullions to make a single large window look like a french door? My fiance' was livid when she saw it and it's true, I did it without talking to her first but I think it might be growing on her. A huge bump in my favor was my He-Hag and his wife loved the look w/o the plastic grid, AKA fake PLASTIC mullions. Here are the pics:
View attachment 44063
View attachment 44064
Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

View attachment 44062

View attachment 44063
View attachment 44064
Love door

So I tried to find a youtube video of how I paint those doors, but could not find it. I use a combination of the brush, and a tight nap (1/4" to 3/8" nap) hotdog roller. Thats what I call them.
Step one, no matter what, thin your paint slightly. I will always try to have about an inch of paint in the 2 gallon bucket, with a roller grid(mesh type roller grid that hangs on one side of the bucket. Then I will usually splash some water on the paint unitl it has a thin layer of water across the entire surface of the paint. probably about 10% thin. Makes the paint easy to work with, and easy to lay down fat edges from the brush.

So I start to brush one(or two) of the interior panels, and have the roller wet with paint, but roll most of it off on the grid in the bucket. quickly brush the interior slats of one panel, (maybe two) at a time, and then make sure to not leave any fat edges from the brush on the outer panels. So basically brush the inside recesses, then roll the interior panels.

Once the panels are done, use the roller to roll the outer portions. Usually have to brush a little around the hinges too, and then roll the edges. I used to be able to paint one side of a raise panel door in less than a minute. Whole door, with hinges and everything, in less than 3 minutes. And by using the tight nap hotdog rollers, it lays down nice, and looks great too.

I know a guy that would use a fatter nap roller, like 1/2", and just sloppily roll the fuck out of the whole door, and then lay everything down really fast with the brush as he went. He would dip the roller, and barely hit the roller grid, mop the shit on fast, and lightly lay it foo with the brush, They would almost look sprayed when dry.

Well I FINALLY got that coaxial cable up inside the cabinet where it belongs. Now I can hook up the sound receiver to the TV, the sound straight from the TV is just awful. Even at level 76 it still wasn't loud at all. The only things left to do, the crown molding and install new fan, my arms ain't long enough to reach the ceiling so not my job or concern! I'm ready to start my fish tank build any day now.

Dang it! I got all my speaker wires hooked up, all the HDMI cables run correctly (hopefully) but I can't find the power cord to the cable/satellite box. My Lady Hag tole me to 'problem solve'!!!! :think:

So @Peter Gozintite , my roommate/lover still has NOT picked up the 3 extra tiles needed to finish the fire place. Today I will use my new grinder to rough up the surface on that peachy colored stone and later when it stops raining I will set up on the deck to cut the three tiles that I do have... I don't understand her reluctance about this task.

And when I cut those tiles I will use every precaution because I read a few horror stories about people getting careless with hand held grinders and they show NO mercy to flesh and bone.
Power cord missing!.jpg

Dang it! I got all my speaker wires hooked up, all the HDMI cables run correctly (hopefully) but I can't find the power cord to the cable/satellite box. My Lady Hag tole me to 'problem solve'!!!! :think:

So @Peter Gozintite , my roommate/lover still has NOT picked up the 3 extra tiles needed to finish the fire place. Today I will use my new grinder to rough up the surface on that peachy colored stone and later when it stops raining I will set up on the deck to cut the three tiles that I do have... I don't understand her reluctance about this task.

And when I cut those tiles I will use every precaution because I read a few horror stories about people getting careless with hand held grinders and they show NO mercy to flesh and bone.
View attachment 45926
That diamond blade you have, won't hurt you a bit.

That diamond blade you have, won't hurt you a bit.
You are correct! Because that blade Shan't come in contact with ANY part of my body... So Petey, I was pretty nervous about this task however, I got set up late afternoon yesterday and only made two cuts. I could NOT get over how easy it was! It literally took 90 seconds to make both cuts. I stopped because I needed to get cleaned up for my Bro-in-law (aka He-Hag!) 50th birthday party.
Safety is no accident!.jpg
Cut like cake! Piece a butter!.jpg

You are correct! Because that blade Shan't come in contact with ANY part of my body... So Petey, I was pretty nervous about this task however, I got set up late afternoon yesterday and only made two cuts. I could NOT get over how easy it was! It literally took 90 seconds to make both cuts. I stopped because I needed to get cleaned up for my Bro-in-law (aka He-Hag!) 50th birthday party.
View attachment 46276
View attachment 46277
I told you. Looks good

View attachment 46276
View attachment 46277
Nice petite little combination square you have there. Mine's an 18 incher.
*flexes*

Thanks Petey! I got 'em all cut to size, kep the pattern intact and I will paste 'em up tomorrow. And especially thanks for you know, being such a positive influence! You a HE-ANGEL and you are loved by many, myself included.
View attachment 46315
Right on man! Looks good!

This thread is getting a gay vibe.