Twelve Kitchen Cabinets

You need to basically stay the living fuck out of my business.
LOL at you waking up a crank pot and going off on a post that is a month and a half old.

Drink some coffee and get in a better mood.

LOL at you waking up a crank pot and going off on a post that is a month and a half old.

Drink some coffee and get in a better mood.
Huh, how bout that, a decent retort. I like the positive vibe at the end.

What do you say we continue this discussion Under the Porch at another time? Because this is a DIY thread, serious business only!

I will give you a friendly shout when I'm ready but don't think this makes us kind friends, not yet it don't!

And as far as that post being 6 weeks old or whatsoever, it's the first time I ever done did see it!:laugh:

Huh, how bout that, a decent retort. I like the positive vibe at the end.

What do you say we continue this discussion Under the Porch at another time? Because this is a DIY thread, serious business only!

I will give you a friendly shout when I'm ready but don't think this makes us kind friends, not yet it don't!

And as far as that post being 6 weeks old or whatsoever, it's the first time I ever done did see it!:laugh:
Do you want me to run the math for you on what you will end up paying for a car paid over 30 years? I’ll be happy to do it for you.

Do you want me to run the math for you on what you will end up paying for a car paid over 30 years? I’ll be happy to do it for you.
I paid off a couple things, but the interest rate is almost nothing, and I did it on a 20 yr loan.

Yeah, that would be very kind of you! If you don't mind me asking, is this the line of work you're in, finance and accounting and that sort of thing? Alls I ever did was swing hammers and climb ladders until suddenly I couldn't anymore.

The car was just over half paid off, around 15 grand still owed. The car loan was 3.5% and the new house payment is at 2% interest.
I don't know how much more we owe on the house but if you need that info I can pester my hag for it. She's so gall dang funny! She gets so mad at me sometimes and I can't stop laughing and she gets madder and madder and sometimes she hits me with a stick. One of MY sticks! Me an you is gonna be kind friends one day, I'm feeling it!

Yeah, that would be very kind of you! If you don't mind me asking, is this the line of work you're in, finance and accounting and that sort of thing? Alls I ever did was swing hammers and climb ladders until suddenly I couldn't anymore.

The car was just over half paid off, around 15 grand still owed. The car loan was 3.5% and the new house payment is at 2% interest.
I don't know how much more we owe on the house but if you need that info I can pester my hag for it. She's so gall dang funny! She gets so mad at me sometimes and I can't stop laughing and she gets madder and madder and sometimes she hits me with a stick. One of MY sticks! Me an you is gonna be kind friends one day, I'm feeling it!
Over 30 years at 2% you are paying almost 5K in interest on the car so you paid 20K for 15K asset that depreciates substantially in most years (recent history being the exception with the chip issue).

I'll say 2% seems super low to me but there are programs that you potentially could have access to that could get it to that level. I don't think I personally have seen a rate below 2.75% but I don't follow rates everyday.

On the car since you said it was halfway done I assumed a 5 year loan at 3.5% so you would have had 2.5 years left on that loan and you would have paid close to $700 in interest.

Refinancing the car on a 30 year loan cost you approximately $4,300 (assuming the information matches your situation and it probably doesn't perfect but the concept is there enough for you to get cost difference).

Long Story short - pulling equity out of your house to pay for short-term assets is never the best idea. Same goes for pulling retirement money out before actual retirement, the opportunity cost is tremendous.

Over 30 years at 2% you are paying almost 5K in interest on the car so you paid 20K for 15K asset that depreciates substantially in most years (recent history being the exception with the chip issue).

I'll say 2% seems super low to me but there are programs that you potentially could have access to that could get it to that level. I don't think I personally have seen a rate below 2.75% but I don't follow rates everyday.

On the car since you said it was halfway done I assumed a 5 year loan at 3.5% so you would have had 2.5 years left on that loan and you would have paid close to $700 in interest.

Refinancing the car on a 30 year loan cost you approximately $4,300 (assuming the information matches your situation and it probably doesn't perfect but the concept is there enough for you to get cost difference).

Long Story short - pulling equity out of your house to pay for short-term assets is never the best idea. Same goes for pulling retirement money out before actual retirement, the opportunity cost is tremendous.
We get it, ok?

FFS

We get it, ok?

FFS
Hey, speak for yourself buster! I'm just now getting it... this doesn't concern you. The guy is helping me out with excellent info and you jump in all unmotherfucking invited... YOU AIN'T NO DIYer! I dint summon you! Fuckin fish head!

Hey, speak for yourself buster! I'm just now getting it... this doesn't concern you. The guy is helping me out with excellent info and you jump in all unmotherfucking invited... YOU AIN'T NO DIYer! I dint summon you! Fuckin fish head!
You don't get it, or much anything. GFY

I haven't been busting my chops like when I was making these cabinets but I been doing some work every day now for a while.

If you look close where the countertop meets the wall I shaped a 3 foot long piece of wood to fill an unsightly gap that was 3/8" wide at its widest. Now a professional cabinet builder woulda had that countertop fit perfect along that irregular wall. I think it's called to 'scribe'.

Also kind friends, every good DIYer also needs to be a capable Dunce Crafter as well. There is a grey area between Dunce Crafting and construction and there is no real shame in being a Dunce Crafter so long as one doesn't become a braggart about it.
wood countertop.jpg

I also got the glass put in the glass fronted cabinet but I still need to get 1/4" glass for the shelves. Ace don't carry it, gotta go to a glass shop. I need to find a huge chunk of glass for my fish tank build anyway, a glass shop will at least I hope, be able to help find the right source.
Glass installed.jpg

And next, here I have the shelf installed in this cabinet under the island. We have so much more storage now. In total there are 26 drawers in my new cabinets.
shelf installed.jpg

And this is a pic of the wall where the center speaker used to be. My helper removed and I will chew a new hole for it on the black wall above or below the TV.
center speaker moved.jpg

So now we still need to make another material run to Home Depot to get wood for baseboards for the entire first floor. I got all the toe kicks installed on the cabinets yesterday. But on that material run, I'm butting heads with my helper and we rent a truck from Home Depot for these runs. Well I want to get six or maybe 7 or 8 more pieces of plywood (i only need 6) for my tank build and she says no! She HATES my fish tank dreams! She is totally against it.