USPS is finally failing

I have a tracking number that shows a package to France shipped USPS Global Priority on May 1 at a cost of almost $45. It then bounced back and forth from Miami to Birmingham, Ala. five times before being returned to the recipient who shipped it for me, saying the customs form contained "INSUFFICIENT DATA." Took it back to the post office today, got the same guy who helped them ship it and he said "sorry, you're SOL, fuck off or pay us another $45."

I lost $45 and the customer did a chargeback a week ago. In all, this is going to cost me about $200 and a customer.

haven't had any issues yet...everything I have ordered has come pretty quickly, which is really nice

A lot better than FedEx.

Those guys are getting hit left and right with bad press.
Yeah
They tell you the package is 'Out for Delivery' just to find out it was in the wrong town or some shit.

It's happened a lot with FedEx.
Post Office and UPS seem to be doing just fine.

Yeah
They tell you the package is 'Out for Delivery' just to find out it was in the wrong town or some shit.

If it's left the facility, it technically is out for delivery, right?

All I know is that "out for delivery" means that day
shrug

I ordered all my stuff well ahead of time, so no issues there

I don't think I will be cutting it close with anything

A lot better than FedEx.

My packages from Fedex have been fine. UPS has been great,

Got a package sitting at USPS a mile away since Monday.

Yeah

Your first mistake was not getting packages held for pickup at a Fedex location.

shrug

I ordered all my stuff well ahead of time, so no issues there

I don't think I will be cutting it close with anything
Yeah
I've been done for a week now.
No real problems

Yeah
I've been done for a week now.
No real problems
last year I had some issues and only one was on the shipping service...it was showing up as lost at a distribution center.

so I called the company I ordered from and they told me they would send me another one and I got that one pretty quickly.

then the first one showed up...

so I gots 2 of dem

A lot better than FedEx.

rightly so. Anything that I get an alert as being delivered by FedEx has been at least a day late. Happened three of three times the last week. UPS, USPS, and even freaking Amazon are either on time or early. Freaking UPS delivered 3 days early.

So either FedEx needs to adjust their alerts to "under promise and over deliver" like UPS does or they are going to keep getting hit.

Yeah

That was me this week. I had an "out for deliver" and the latest update was 4pm that day it was in Seatac, WA. Two days later it actually arrived.

rightly so. Anything that I get an alert as being delivered by FedEx has been at least a day late. Happened three of three times the last week. UPS, USPS, and even freaking Amazon are either on time or early. Freaking UPS delivered 3 days early.

So either FedEx needs to adjust their alerts to "under promise and over deliver" like UPS does or they are going to keep getting hit.
I've only purchased one thing in Amazon in the last year and they had USPS do the final leg of it. Surprisingly it went well.

I see those fucking unmarked vans on our street like 5 times a day though. They're buzzin.

so are we concluding that USPS is not "failing" anymore?