What Does UCLA do?

Fuck my life.

I hope he is smart enough to surround himself with some crusty old veteran assistants who don't want to be a HC. Never been more than a RB coach.

Best thing to do is bring in some experience to help you navigate the waters of being a HC.

Fuck my life.

I hope he is smart enough to surround himself with some crusty old veteran assistants who don't want to be a HC. Never been more than a RB coach.

Best thing to do is bring in some experience to help you navigate the waters of being a HC.
what they need (UCLA) is some juice.. He wanted this job.. probably hire his friends on the staff.. so I think they will recruit very well but have a good feeling they will continue to struggle on the field :(

Fuck my life.

Feels like they heard a lot of no answers and are trying to keep kids out of the portal.

problem with Chip is that he hates recruiting.. look at the recent class he brought in.. guy been whoring himself out for a gig in the NFL and he continuingly got passed up..

He's been complaining about the direction of CFB with the portal and all that and he just gave up.. Guess he's betting on himself that with the talent tosu has he can make the offense look elite that could net him an OC gig in the NFL next year.

i read some of the stuff ucla fans have been upset with him about.. he gave up.. he doesn't take recruits on OVs to nice restaurants in the city..but has food ordered and they eat at the training tables.. OVs usually last 2 days but he only has it for 1 day... Chip is easily blaming the school but people are saying it wasn't the schools fault he just didn't care
I totally believe all of it. Recruiting is the name of the game now and a 24/7/365 job from what I understand. And if you aren't willing to morph into a used car salesman type and swim around in the cesspool that is college recruiting you need to get out.

what they need (UCLA) is some juice.. He wanted this job.. probably hire his friends on the staff.. so I think they will recruit very well but have a good feeling they will continue to struggle on the field :(
Talent can cover up a world of coaching sins. But only to a certain extent. Jimbo, Calipari, etal have proven such.

Sounds like David Shaw would be the safest/most solid choice. He's a good character guy, no baggage, no risk.
This would've been a catastrophe. Foster is an unknown but I'd take that over a coach who regressed every year for 9 years when he was the head guy.

Apparently the people making the hire loved Foster's CEO approach that coaches now need to have with the Portal and NIL.

Apparently the people making the hire loved Foster's CEO approach that coaches now need to have with the Portal and NIL.
I really like the hire. He's young enough to appeal to the age group but still has solid experience. He's also a reasonably known commodity as a player and I think that will resonate. If he finds some decent enough coordinators the dropoff might not be so bad.

Read something on the Maryland head coach. 3rd string RB came to him and said he wanted to transfer. Was asked why and kid responded: "If you don't have 100k for me, I want out."

I liked the portal and NIL at first because coaches can leave whenever for a better job and the schools make a lot of these kids.....but damn.

I really like the hire. He's young enough to appeal to the age group but still has solid experience. He's also a reasonably known commodity as a player and I think that will resonate. If he finds some decent enough coordinators the dropoff might not be so bad.
It's definitely a risk though entering a tough new Conference...

He better hire some crusty old veteran assistants who don't want to be head coaches. The best thing a young coach can do is surround himself with experience.

This fucking ruined my day.

I want to break shit. I really wanted PJ Fleck.

It's definitely a risk though entering a tough new Conference...

He better hire some crusty old veteran assistants who don't want to be head coaches. The best thing a young coach can do is surround himself with experience.
I'm sure he will be getting some experienced coordinators. If anything, the appeal of moving to the B1G may help in that effort. I haven't seen the figures, but the money will be a lot better in the B1G for them I'm sure.

@Vita you believe this shit?