What Does UCLA do?

jackie chiles ok GIF

Was started by a bunch of bitter angry zona insiders

To be clear, Fisch likely not staying more than 3 to 4 year tops, but his next stop is very likely in the NFL.

UCLA never made sense. Maybe if he was still at Arizona. I'm sure some very preliminary phone calls were made by UCLA and Scheer tried to stretch that into an "interview".

It will be interesting to see if the timing ever works for Fisch and Florida (his alma mater). The Florida job could easily open up after next season. I'm not sure Fisch would be their top target but who knows.

UCLA never made sense. Maybe if he was still at Arizona. I'm sure some very preliminary phone calls were made by UCLA and Scheer tried to stretch that into an "interview".

It will be interesting to see if the timing ever works for Fisch and Florida (his alma mater). The Florida job could easily open up after next season. I'm not sure Fisch would be their top target but who knows.
Maybe there's something I don't know, but why is there so much talk about this guy? He had a great season last year, all credit due, but that's been his only successful year as a HC. He's had tons of stops in the NFL but none of them last more than a year or two. I wish him well at Washington but I just don't get the hype around him.

Maybe there's something I don't know, but why is there so much talk about this guy? He had a great season last year, all credit due, but that's been his only successful year as a HC. He's had tons of stops in the NFL but none of them last more than a year or two. I wish him well at Washington but I just don't get the hype around him.

There's a lot of hype about Fisch? I must have missed that.

There's a lot of hype about Fisch? I must have missed that.
For a guy who has had one winning season of HC experience, I'd say so. He goes from Arizona to Washington, definitely an upgrade. UCLA is now being rumored to be going after him, and you're talking about him going to Florida now. Not being combative, I'm just saying this guy went from being a relative journeyman as a coach to now being a hot commodity.

For a guy who has had one winning season of HC experience, I'd say so. He goes from Arizona to Washington, definitely an upgrade. UCLA is now being rumored to be going after him, and you're talking about him going to Florida now. Not being combative, I'm just saying this guy went from being a relative journeyman as a coach to now being a hot commodity.

I mean UCLA hired a RB coach with no HC or coordinator experience to be their HC. I'm not sure that many people consider him the "hot commodity" that you're making him out to be. His first HC experience was a success. He turned around a bad program and made them a top 15 team in year 3.

As I said before, I don't think he would be Florida's top choice. I just think he would likely interview and go for that job. I'm not sure he'll be offered that job without more sustained success at Washington.

I mean UCLA hired a RB coach with no HC or coordinator experience to be their HC. I'm not sure that many people consider him the "hot commodity" that you're making him out to be.

As I said before, I don't think he would be Florida's top choice. I just think he would likely interview and go for that job. I'm not sure he'll be offered that job without more sustained success at Washington.
I think UCLA's situation is a bit different considering it's mid-February, and also it's UCLA. I'm not sure what better choice they had.

With Washington being in the B1G now, would you put Florida above them as a better opportunity?

I think UCLA's situation is a bit different considering it's mid-February, and also it's UCLA. I'm not sure what better choice they had.

With Washington being in the B1G now, would you put Florida above them as a better opportunity?

I still think UCLA had better options. If they wanted to take a risk on a rookie coach, Tony White should have been the move. Foster has done a good job as a RB coach but this seems like he's step that he's probably not ready for. However, coaching hires can be strange, who knows if it works out?

And yes, Florida is still a better job than Washington, even with UW being in the Big Ten. It's much easier to recruit elite talent at Florida than Washington.

Recruiting Rankings since 2021:

2024:
Florida - 14th
Washington - 38th

2023:
Florida - 13th
Washington - 26th

2022:
Florida - 18th
Washington - 95th

2021:
Florida - 12th
Washington - 30th

And remember in this 4 year stretch, Florida fans biggest complaint is that they aren't recruiting as well as they should.

I still think UCLA had better options. If they wanted to take a risk on a rookie coach, Tony White should have been the move. Foster has done a good job as a RB coach but this seems like he's step that he's probably not ready for. However, coaching hires can be strange, who knows if it works out?

And yes, Florida is still a better job than Washington, even with UW being in the Big Ten. It's much easier to recruit elite talent at Florida than Washington.

Recruiting Rankings since 2021:

2024:
Florida - 14th
Washington - 38th

2023:
Florida - 13th
Washington - 26th

2022:
Florida - 18th
Washington - 95th

2021:
Florida - 12th
Washington - 30th

And remember in this 4 year stretch, Florida fans biggest complaint is that they aren't recruiting as well as they should.
I knew Florida's recruiting rankings were higher than Washington's, but what the hell happened to UW in 2022? Only 10 commits?

I'm wondering how the move to the B1G will impact Washington's recruiting ability now though. Opening up east of the Mississippi for them could be huge if Fisch is the right guy and can keep them playing well. They've had some really nice prospects in Washington over the last few years but many of them seem to leave the state, closing the border could be huge.

I won't necessarily disagree about Florida still being a better spot, but what the hell is happening there? They are in a hell of a freefall right now. The SEC East should be a rock fight with them and UGA every year but they just can't get it together.

I knew Florida's recruiting rankings were higher than Washington's, but what the hell happened to UW in 2022? Only 10 commits?

I'm wondering how the move to the B1G will impact Washington's recruiting ability now though. Opening up east of the Mississippi for them could be huge if Fisch is the right guy and can keep them playing well. They've had some really nice prospects in Washington over the last few years but many of them seem to leave the state, closing the border could be huge.

I won't necessarily disagree about Florida still being a better spot, but what the hell is happening there? They are in a hell of a freefall right now. The SEC East should be a rock fight with them and UGA every year but they just can't get it together.

Coaching change in 2022. Lake was fired and DeBoer was hired. We'll see if the Big Ten changes UW's recruiting outlook. It hasn't so far. Under DeBoer they weren't even in the mix for most of the top prospects out west.

Part of Florida's problem is they play one of the toughest schedules in the country every year. If you're going to play that kind of schedule, you can't afford to rebuild. Ranging between 12-18 in recruiting isn't that good for the SEC.

Coaching change in 2022. Lake was fired and DeBoer was hired. We'll see if the Big Ten changes UW's recruiting outlook. It hasn't so far. Under DeBoer they weren't even in the mix for most of the top prospects out west.

Part of Florida's problem is they play one of the toughest schedules in the country every year. If you're going to play that kind of schedule, you can't afford to rebuild. Ranging between 12-18 in recruiting isn't that good for the SEC.
Ah that makes sense. It could be a double-edged sword where joining the B1G may push more of these kids east. That or they need to adopt Oregon's process. You guys are killing it in recruiting.

I get the tough schedule aspect, but they're losing to Vanderbilt, UCF, and can't beat Kentucky anymore to save their life. It's unreal how they've floundered so much for the past 10+ years in finding the right coach.

This fucking ruined my day.

I want to break shit. I really wanted PJ Fleck.
Pfft...what has Fleck accomplished??? DeShaun Foster is a former Panther great. Excellent hire.

Ah that makes sense. It could be a double-edged sword where joining the B1G may push more of these kids east. That or they need to adopt Oregon's process. You guys are killing it in recruiting.

I get the tough schedule aspect, but they're losing to Vanderbilt, UCF, and can't beat Kentucky anymore to save their life. It's unreal how they've floundered so much for the past 10+ years in finding the right coach.

No doubt that Florida is underachieving. I'm not sure they're going to be better next year and they may give up on Napier if they don't have a winning season. It's a brutal schedule too.

Oregon has had a lot of success on the trail recently and I think joining the Big Ten helped (especially opposed to staying in a weakened PAC 12). That said, Oregon has been very deliberate on making sure they can recruit at a high level. They've went out and hired coaches who are known for their recruiting prowess and have a top notch NIL organization behind them. Oregon is going all-in on Dan Lanning and trying to give him everything he needs to recruit and compete at the highest level.

No doubt that Florida is underachieving. I'm not sure they're going to be better next year and they may give up on Napier if they don't have a winning season. It's a brutal schedule too.

Oregon has had a lot of success on the trail recently and I think joining the Big Ten helped (especially opposed to staying in a weakened PAC 12). That said, Oregon has been very deliberate on making sure they can recruit at a high level. They've went out and hired coaches who are known for their recruiting prowess and have a top notch NIL organization behind them. Oregon is going all-in on Dan Lanning and trying to give him everything he needs to recruit and compete at the highest level.
Yeah it's definitely not an easy slate this year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see teams like Miami, Tennessee, A&M, LSU and FSU have down years too.

Oregon hit a home run with Lanning for sure, and their NIL/portal management is top notch. Getting Gabriel and then Dante Moore to sit and learn this year was brilliant. They're definitely going to make some noise in the playoffs.

Again, there's no credible evidence that UCLA went after him, nor that Fisch showed any interest.

There's a ton of hate from Zona fans and staff over his leaving and a lot of attempts to drag him down on X. I doubt it's anything more than this.

Again, there's no credible evidence that UCLA went after him, nor that Fisch showed any interest.

There's a ton of hate from Zona fans and staff over his leaving and a lot of attempts to drag him down on X. I doubt it's anything more than this.
If that's the case, I retract my statement, and that dude who reported it deserves the vitriol he gets.