What Does UCLA do?

I'm sure he will be getting some experienced coordinators. If anything, the appeal of moving to the B1G may help in that effort. I haven't seen the figures, but the money will be a lot better in the B1G for them I'm sure.
I am hopeful but had my heart set on Fleck.

Chip was slowly making progress....wasn't as fast as I would have liked but there was some good being done. At least until this season when he had to beat USC to keep his job.

I really like the hire. He's young enough to appeal to the age group but still has solid experience. He's also a reasonably known commodity as a player and I think that will resonate. If he finds some decent enough coordinators the dropoff might not be so bad.
Never been more than a RB coach is my biggest gripe.

I am hopeful but had my heart set on Fleck.

Chip was slowly making progress....wasn't as fast as I would have liked but there was some good being done. At least until this season when he had to beat USC to keep his job.
UCLA is always going to face challenges being in LA. They definitely need a specific type of guy to have success, and I think Foster was a great choice. I'm not sold on Fleck, and honestly I think he would've failed at UCLA.

Never been more than a RB coach is my biggest gripe.
That's definitely valid, I can understand the concern. That's where the coordinator piece is going to come in. Foster knows UCLA football in and out and he can sell that image to the kids while the coordinators can focus more on calling plays at first while Foster gets his feet under him.

DeShaun Foster...

Now that is a name I haven't heard in a while. Former Panther. Good for him

UCLA is always going to face challenges being in LA. They definitely need a specific type of guy to have success, and I think Foster was a great choice. I'm not sold on Fleck, and honestly I think he would've failed at UCLA.
Really?

He done a good job everywhere he has been and at UCLA would have had access to better facilities and more in the way of NIL than Minnesota.....

Really?

He done a good job everywhere he has been and at UCLA would have had access to better facilities and more in the way of NIL than Minnesota.....
He's having some issues come to light with the culture he has from former players and staffers that don't sound good, so I can't imagine that would play well in LA.

He's been at Minnesota since 2017 and they're averaging 7.8 wins per year (not counting 2020 when he went 3-4); they averaged 7.4 wins in the 5 years before he got there. I know it's Minnesota and there's a ceiling, but he's also had the benefit of the B1G West being horrible the last 3 years and only facing OSU, Penn State, and michigan 4 times over that time period (0-4 record, fwiw).

I think Foster will ultimately work out, it just may take a little time to get the right staff assembled.

He's having some issues come to light with the culture he has from former players and staffers that don't sound good, so I can't imagine that would play well in LA.

He's been at Minnesota since 2017 and they're averaging 7.8 wins per year (not counting 2020 when he went 3-4); they averaged 7.4 wins in the 5 years before he got there. I know it's Minnesota and there's a ceiling, but he's also had the benefit of the B1G West being horrible the last 3 years and only facing OSU, Penn State, and michigan 4 times over that time period (0-4 record, fwiw).

I think Foster will ultimately work out, it just may take a little time to get the right staff assembled.
Won 11 games in 2019 and 9 games 2 other times.

Not too bad since the Gophers aren't exactly a hotbed of talent.

In THIS era it’s hard to say good or bad hire TBH, we’ll see I guess but this “feels” like a desperation/cheap move by UCLA and… That’s kind of their reputation. Things may change after a few years in the BIG making better money and in a better run conference so.. we’ll see.

right from position coach to head coach. not even coordinator experience. Not that its a requirement but you see that a lot more often

right from position coach to head coach. not even coordinator experience. Not that its a requirement but you see that a lot more often
You sure do. Not sure that is working very well though

Not sure if true, but it’s being reported one of the interviewees at UCLA was…….Jed Fisch lololololol

Was started by a bunch of bitter angry zona insiders

To be clear, Fisch likely not staying more than 3 to 4 year tops, but his next stop is very likely in the NFL.

problem with Chip is that he hates recruiting.. look at the recent class he brought in.. guy been whoring himself out for a gig in the NFL and he continuingly got passed up..

He's been complaining about the direction of CFB with the portal and all that and he just gave up.. Guess he's betting on himself that with the talent tosu has he can make the offense look elite that could net him an OC gig in the NFL next year.

i read some of the stuff ucla fans have been upset with him about.. he gave up.. he doesn't take recruits on OVs to nice restaurants in the city..but has food ordered and they eat at the training tables.. OVs usually last 2 days but he only has it for 1 day... Chip is easily blaming the school but people are saying it wasn't the schools fault he just didn't care
He’s also an overweight murderer.

But I’m not here to judge.