What should I get?

I don’t remember what it was called, but the hockey game I had for Super Nintendo, you could center yourself on your own blue line and use the clear/flip button to loft the puck down ice, it would fall right behind the goal and into the net.
m_5fb84a939e155924a2d8c04c.jpg

NHL used to be my favorite sports series back in the late 2000s. Haven't had one since '17 once they stopped bothering to put the impending free agents from the year before on their new team. Sliders and difficulty were also really sensitive, like I feel like I remembering that it wasn't hard to go from laughably easy to overwhelmed. It's not NOT worth getting if you don't have any game in the series and want a hockey game but not worth getting one every year. I actually really liked the mode of making a player, hopefully that hasn't been gutted since then.

Same with really any EA sports game anymore, Madden and NCAA (when they made it) they slowly started removing features and now I only get Madden once every few years or so. It's depressing looking at everything you got done on all the different game modes on Madden 07 compared to now.

Finally got it, GameStop kinda sucks with the shipping, and FedEx sucks always. Amazon’s really ruined shipping expectations for everyone. But I can’t remember ever getting a FedEx package on their original quoted arrival date.

I have been in the market for a new Xbox since it was released, but the problem is you can't find it anywhere still. I've always had Xbox but briefly went to PS 4 for the MLB The Show. Since The Show is now on Xbox I have decided to go back to Xbox just because i wasn't that impressed with PS.

My other issue with this new Xbox is which one is the actual new xbox? There is XBox series S, Xbox One, Xbox Series One X Xbox Series X. I was at Gamestop last week and saw they had an Xbox Series One X, for a moment i got excited because i thought I had finally found a new xbox to buy, but then realized I think Xbox Series One X is the older one. It's confusing.

I have been in the market for a new Xbox since it was released, but the problem is you can't find it anywhere still. I've always had Xbox but briefly went to PS 4 for the MLB The Show. Since The Show is now on Xbox I have decided to go back to Xbox just because i wasn't that impressed with PS.

My other issue with this new Xbox is which one is the actual new xbox? There is XBox series S, Xbox One, Xbox Series One X Xbox Series X. I was at Gamestop last week and saw they had an Xbox Series One X, for a moment i got excited because i thought I had finally found a new xbox to buy, but then realized I think Xbox Series One X is the older one. It's confusing.
There is no "xbox series one x" The Series S and Series X are new the One S and One X are old with the One X being the 2017 most powerful gaming console on the market until the release of the Series X. Series S is about on par with the One X (2017) even though on paper the One X has 2 additional teraflops of "power" . Enhancements in efficiency and IPC have made the 4 teraflops of the Series S about equal to the 6 teraflops of the One x. The Series X however has 12 teraflops of "power" which makes it the most powerful console on market.

So from least to most powerful you have the Xbox One<<Xbox One S<<Xbox One X~~Xbox Series S (new gen budget/digital machine)<<Xbox Series X

the playstation 5 is between the Series S and X with it much closer to Series X in performance but lacking some key components

Should also note most things run about the same as on a One X as performance hasnt been fully taken advantage for any next gen titles yet. Even a year after release we still dont have any truly next gen titles (even if they say they are enhanced) It took nearly 3 years to get anything for the One X and by that time the Series X was on its way.

Last edited:
Mutant League Hockey was probably a better sim than anything EA has put out in a decade.
and Baseball Simulator 3000 for old NES was the best baseball game ever made.

You can find the Series S around here pretty routinely. The Series X is a fuck nah. We’re still in the “these consoles are buggy as fuck and there are only 3 games out for it” phase, so I’m not even worried about updating my Xbone yet.

You can find the Series S around here pretty routinely. The Series X is a fuck nah. We’re still in the “these consoles are buggy as fuck and there are only 3 games out for it” phase, so I’m not even worried about updating my Xbone yet.
actually the series x is not buggy at all in my experience have had 2 since launch with no problems and use them daily.

I don’t get the thing either… I got the series s just because it was available and barely cost more than the used one s/xes I could find. It seems pretty great, but the last console I owned was a 360 10 years ago, so I don’t have the last generation to compare it to. However, I did the trial of both s/x and Xbox one versions of a couple games, and couldn’t tell much of a difference, so ended up paying for the Xbox one version to save a couple gigs and a couple dollars. I’m sure there’s some games that take better advantage of whatever’s better with the new generation, but I don’t care. I still haven’t even upgraded to a 4K tv… so I guess that’s coming from someone who’s perfectly happy in 1080 land in the first place, but do you even really need to upgrade at this point?

Close at hand in my crapper. The only video game in our house that isn't on somebody's phone.

yahtz.jpg

It’d be easier to play on your phone.

Yahtzee? That's a perfect one handed shithouse game.

3 games and the dump is done.

Pictures or phone calls. That's what my phone is used for. Maybe an email. Nothing else.

Yahtzee? That's a perfect one handed shithouse game.

3 games and the dump is done.

Pictures or phone calls. That's what my phone is used for. Maybe an email. Nothing else.
Could be used for Yahtzee. All I’m sayin.

Could be used for Yahtzee. All I’m sayin.

But as with anything not purpose built, not as easily functional.

Like using my Shaw remote to search at Netflix or Prime.

Clunky at best.

My right thumb is intimate with the mechanism. One hand holding, the thumb doing the button pushing.

Try doing that on your phone while simultaneously launching stern tubes 3 & 4.

I've enjoyed the NHL series on Xbox... It ain't perfect, but the flow of the game is what kees me coming back year in & year out. I've got NHL 21 now.

Wreckfest is the game that I play on the daily tho... & world of warships. Just FYI

If I had unlimited funds, I'd get something along the lines of an F1 simulator or next best thing.

The whole seat/steering wheel/view, etc. As good as it could be within reason.

Not sure if that includes VR or not.

If I had unlimited funds, I'd get something along the lines of an F1 simulator or next best thing.

The whole seat/steering wheel/view, etc. As good as it could be within reason.

Not sure if that includes VR or not.
You could just get into racing with unlimited funds.

Was gonna say I’d do that with a flight sim, but then I realized just getting a pilots license would be the move if money weren’t a concern.