Who here owns a smoker?

There is nothing that is "so much better."
The Office Hug GIF

Do you prefer baby back or St Louis?

Also when I was in 4H and FFA I raised show pigs. It was mostly Durocs. It's cool to see 25-35 years later that the little red guys are turning into a premium breed.
St Louis is my preference

But I won't turn down baby backs

A decent meat thermometer that you can put in the biggest muscle and plug into the digital readout is what I go by. Many come with an "alarm" that you can set to a desired temp. Place it prior to cooking and go by temps for doneness, not expected time or "look/feel", unless you're an expert.
Got one not too long ago, differently a game changer.

Now to trust or not to trust the thermometer that comes with your grill, does it even matter to you guys? Or do y’all rig up a 3rd party thermo to monitor the inside of your grill/smoker?

Fags and their Easy Bake Ovens..........

Just because it looks like smoked meat doesn't mean it tastes like smoked meat!

Can't help a guy who thinks a brisket or pork shoulder cooking at a low temp for 12 or 16 hours with smoke rolling over it the whole time won't taste like smoked meat because somebody told him so.

Can't help a guy who thinks a brisket or pork shoulder cooking at a low temp for 12 or 16 hours with smoke rolling over it the whole time won't taste like smoked meat because somebody told him so.
Calm your tits dude. Perhaps you are the sensitive one....ever thought of that?

(You see what cooking meat on a easy bake oven does? Must add estrogen to the meat....)

Calm your tits dude. Perhaps you are the sensitive one....ever thought of that?

(You see what cooking meat on a easy bake oven does? Must add estrogen to the meat....)
What exactly was all amped up about the post you quoted?

Now to trust or not to trust the thermometer that comes with your grill, does it even matter to you guys?

I think it just gives you a general rule of thumb.
I leave my stuff in, until it's falling off the bone, or falling apart.

You can even have huge swings in temperature and be just fine.
350-400 degrees, then let it settle down to under 200, then rinse and repeat.

That's just me though.

Back