World Cup 2022 Qatar

I understand what I'm about to say is a stretch but if Poland win group C then there is an outside chance we can make the semi finals lol

Netherlands followed by possibility the winner of Poland vs Denmark/Australia isn't as tough of a road as you would think to get to a semis.

Big Poland fans tomorrow

You are taking two entirely different comments and linking them.
Game Show No GIF by CBC

Digesting the game more (and yes, admittedly listening to a pod or two and others opinions) I really don’t like the subs that were made yesterday.

Wright and Moore were crap adds.

Wright was over aggressive at first when we needed to keep between ball and goal. Then he went completely the other way and didn’t even go up for a ball or two.

Moore just looks like all of this is too big for him. He’s talented, just seems to not have the right mental makeup for this level.

Did we win because we held Iran back, or because they too just didn’t have someone that could make a proper shot? I’ll be fair and say a little bit of both. As a unit we left it all on that field.

But, sub use is supposed to bring a fresh angle to what you are trying to do, not create a situation where the rest of the guys out there best have to buckle down even more.

Digesting the game more (and yes, admittedly listening to a pod or two and others opinions) I really don’t like the subs that were made yesterday.

Wright was over aggressive at first when we needed to keep between ball and goal. Then he went completely the other way and didn’t even go up for a ball or two.

Moore just looks like all of this is too big for him. He’s talented, just seems to not have the right mental makeup for this level.

Did we win because we held Iran back, or because they too just didn’t have someone that could make a proper shot? I’ll be fair and say a little bit of both. As a unit we left it all on that field.

But, sub use is supposed to bring a fresh angle to what you are trying to do, not create a situation where the rest of the guys out there best have to buckle down even more.
Tale of two halves in the Wales and Iran games.

I think the biggest issue with the US team (aside from not having a strong #9) is the general lack of depth, especially in midfield. The US typically lines up in a 4-3-3 with McKennie, Adams, and Musah as their 3 in the midfield. McKennie and Musah push up higher while Adams protects the back line and wins back the ball. They've been fantastic, but they need some cover. McKennie can't go the full 90 yet and its pretty evident that Musah and Adams are running on empty in the 2nd half.

Nice going Australia. On to knockouts beating Denmark.

France lose to Tunisia? Lol. I guess nothing about this mid season World Cup is normal. Lot’s of upsets.

France lose to Tunisia? Lol. I guess nothing about this mid season World Cup is normal. Lot’s of upsets.
Never mind. France played a bunch of backup. A rare trip to office today so can’t watch,

France had already won the group unless Australia won by like 5 or something.

France had already won the group unless Australia won by like 5 or something.
Yeah, they were through regardless of any outcome. With so many per WC injuries, no need to risk
any of the top players/starters left.

Argentina cruising now, 2-0. Don't think we'll be seeing Poland in the quarters.

Argentina cruising now, 2-0. Don't think we'll be seeing Poland in the quarters.
Crazy that Poland and Mexico are down to their like 5th tiebreaker. Which is whoever has the least amount of yellow cards.

If Mexico widens their lead or Poland falls further behind, Poland is out and Mexico advances.

Holy cow, Poland trying to go home. Awful back pass almost turned into the third goal for Argentina.

Mexico had a third goal taken away because the guy was about 3 feet offside.