Wow ... poor AZ ... Fisch to UW

The Fisch hire should help UW in the short term. He's likely bringing a lot of Arizona players with him from a team that was expected to be pretty good. I also think he's a better recruiter than people realize. Arizona just simply doesn't have the resources that are available at UW.

The biggest concern would be his potential NFL or Florida ambitions.
Florida is a rotating door at this point. He'll be here for 2 years.

I'd rather have the guy that takes longer to get back on top of the mountain with more lumps up front that has a decent chance to stay, than a rental coach that might keep the skid from going too deep but is very unlikely to be on the team 4 years from now and we start it all over again.
This.

I'd rather have the guy that takes longer to get back on top of the mountain with more lumps up front that has a decent chance to stay, than a rental coach that might keep the skid from going too deep but is very unlikely to be on the team 4 years from now and we start it all over again.
Gives you guys a chance to maybe be more prepared next time though. Right now your AD needs to be working on a short list of coach 1a and coach 1b in case that day comes where Fisch leaves for the next job. UW may very well be expecting this to be a short term hire, but at least it's a pretty decent short term hire to be a stop gap as they better prepare themselves for the next hire. You'll also get 2-3 years out of Fisch before he would bounce.

Arizona=/=Washington

Fuck I wish I was in the the NW too instead of here.
He will get to take a boat from a posh neighborhood to work every day and park at the coaches dock. It's a different place to coach for sure, but he's not going to plant any roots here.

Gives you guys a chance to maybe be more prepared next time though. Right now your AD needs to be working on a short list of coach 1a and coach 1b in case that day comes where Fisch leaves for the next job. UW may very well be expecting this to be a short term hire, but at least it's a pretty decent short term hire to be a stop gap as they better prepare themselves for the next hire. You'll also get 2-3 years out of Fisch before he would bounce.
I'm not saying I'm mad. Just not excited. It wasn't a horrible pick, but also not a home run IMO.

He will get to take a boat from a posh neighborhood to work every day and park at the coaches dock. It's a different place to coach for sure, but he's not going to plant any roots here.
That is nice for the month of August and September, come October and November I wouldn't want to be on a boat in that lake.

I'm not saying I'm mad. Just not excited. It wasn't a horrible pick, but also not a home run IMO.
OK, I can't believe I am the one trying to lighten you guys up on your hire, but honestly who else were you going to get at this point of the year? It's a pretty shitty time to be head coaching shopping. You got maybe one of the best available head coaches on the market.

Now I really don't know how he is as a coach, he could very well be riding the lightning and headlines due to his one good year at AZ and the media has eaten it up, but lots of media folk rave about this guy.

If it's a short term relationship between UW and him, then it gives UW time to figure out what and who they want for long term. Like I said, your AD needs to be writing his short list now so when that day comes he is ready and isn't scrambling.

Given the situation, time of year, what talent he could bring from his team, this was a solid hire for UW. Not sure who else UW could've gotten or wanted?

Oh yeah, you haven't heard of traffic....

I don't care what the weather is. You don't want to drive daily in Seattle.
Almost took a job in kirkland years ago. Went to visit for 3 days. Traffic woke me up at 3am, bumper to bumper. I said hell no and left that day.

The short story is it's business. There's no love of the game, loyalty to programs, it's a goddamn for $$$ business and that's why I have no qualms demanding these mofos go entertain me. I bought a goddamn $40 baseball cap for this!

Almost took a job in kirkland years ago. Went to visit for 3 days. Traffic woke me up at 3am, bumper to bumper. I said hell no and left that day.
I live 25 miles from work. On a good day it's an hour to get there during rush hour. On a bad day it's an hour and a half to get home. And I'm not anywhere near Seattle. Thankfully I work from home a fair amount and don't have to do it daily. This whole region is impossible to get around in.

Don't think many people from UW ripped on Deboer. Seeing a lot more of that already from AZ. Some of it's pretty damn funny.

The short story is it's business. There's no love of the game, loyalty to programs, it's a goddamn for $$$ business and that's why I have no qualms demanding these mofos go entertain me. I bought a goddamn $40 baseball cap for this!

Also, Washington did? Or fans are? I don't like this hire so that dude can eat my ass.

Edit: even with that, no one is ripping Bama, we're ripping DeBoer.

That person is dumb.

I live 25 miles from work. On a good day it's an hour to get there during rush hour. On a bad day it's an hour and a half to get home. And I'm not anywhere near Seattle. Thankfully I work from home a fair amount and don't have to do it daily. This whole region is impossible to get around in.
It's the lake. People on east side work on the west and vice versa. Freaking mess!

Working from home FTW.

Also, Washington did? Or fans are? I don't like this hire so that dude can eat my ass.

Edit: even with that, no one is ripping Bama, we're ripping DeBoer.

That person is dumb.
Lot of conflated nonsense from the haters and shit posters. Best to let it go for now lol.

Back