2021 season thread

4 wins in a row if you count the All Star race. Finished second the 3 races before that.

Aero dependant tracks :thumbsdown:

Another win for the felon.

Silly season is here and I am here for it!

Silly season is here and I am here for it!
Was just about to post this. Chip Ganassi has got to be the most disappointing owner in recent memory.

Spire Motorsports sold the charter they were leasing to Trackhouse out from under them to either Kaulig or GMS, can’t remember. Now Trackhouse will field two full time rides next year. Keeping Suarez.

Was just about to post this. Chip Ganassi has got to be the most disappointing owner in recent memory.

Spire Motorsports sold the charter they were leasing to Trackhouse out from under them to either Kaulig or GMS, can’t remember. Now Trackhouse will field two full time rides next year. Keeping Suarez.
Chip should've spent they money. Young money is proving that it was the equipment holding him back. It's shocking to think how different the driver lineup will look like next year compared to this year.

Man, I really just don’t like Chase Elliott. Kinda liked him after his run in with Hamlin a few years ago, didn’t really mind him the last couple years, but ever since he took out Blaney in the Clash and cost me a winning bet, I just don’t like him at all. Everyone knows last year was really Harvick’s 4th championship

Chip should've spent they money. Young money is proving that it was the equipment holding him back. It's shocking to think how different the driver lineup will look like next year compared to this year.
I think Kaulig is making a mistake if he chooses Haley or Grala over Allmendinger. Dinger is a good driver, and with there being more road courses on the schedule than ever, somebody needs to give him a full time Cup ride IMO

Damn, HMS is better this year than all those years they had Gordon and Johnson. All 4 drivers are threats to win every week

Damn, HMS is better this year than all those years they had Gordon and Johnson. All 4 drivers are threats to win every week
Top to bottom, this is the best they've ever been. even when Martin and Johnson had a beast of an 09 season, Gordon and Dale Jr had off seasons. Pretty well every year they've had at least 4 full time teams, at least one and a lot of the times two of them were well behind the top two. The 25 was basically an also ran every year after Tim Richmond got AIDs.

Them joining RCR with the engine development really helped both teams, of course Hendrick was already ahead of RCR, so they're still farther up, but the RCR cars are more competitive this year than they've been since prime Kevin Harvick was pretty much wheeling the team to relevancy. Chevy is back to being the top manufacture after falling behind Ford and Toyota the last few years. Ford has pretty well fell off the map this year. SHR is pretty much Harvick getting a top 10 every week with the other 3 bums finishing outside of the top 20.

Just turned on the truck race on dirt.
Missed whatever was happening, but I was watching a crew guy being separated from a track official. Was thinking why would track officials be getting in the face of someone? Did something get said like calling an umpire a c*cksucker? LOL

What great teamwork by Chastain to block Kyle and allow Kurt to catch him.

What great teamwork by Chastain to block Kyle and allow Kurt to catch him.
GIF by The Heckler by TBS

Nothing better than Kyle crying. How soon he forgets he had to dump his teammate just yesterday to win.

I hope the new track layout will bring better racing to Atlanta. I know the drivers loved the track, but the racing sucks to watch, especially with that stupid low horsepower, high downforce package

But I like how both Atlanta races this year had a teammate of the second place driver holding up the leader to effect the outcome

Austin Cindric to the #2

Another day of silly season is here:
As rumored for weeks but finally announced, Keselowski will not return to Penske.
Cindric confirmed to the #2 Penske.
Harrison Burton will replace DiBurrito at Wood Brothers (Penske ride #4)

That leaves the following full time rides up for grabs:
Trackhouse team #2
23XI team #2
Kauling team #2
GMS?

Following drivers have expiring contracts:
Newman
Buescher
Preece
Jones
Stenhouse

Another day of silly season is here:
As rumored for weeks but finally announced, Keselowski will not return to Penske.
Cindric confirmed to the #2 Penske.
Harrison Burton will replace DiBurrito at Wood Brothers (Penske ride #4)

That leaves the following full time rides up for grabs:
Trackhouse team #2
23XI team #2
Kauling team #2
GMS?

Following drivers have expiring contracts:
Newman
Buescher
Preece
Jones
Stenhouse
Kurt Busch?